Pressure Washer Question????? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Pressure Washer Question?????

Would you use a pressure washer to clean a stove or refrigerator? If you used one, would you be taking a chance on getting water in the wrong places?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Ref cleaning

I wouldnt unless its a large meat ref. in a store or a trailer.

Stove are you kidding
post #3 of Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyGLO79 View Post
Would you use a pressure washer to clean a stove or refrigerator? If you used one, would you be taking a chance on getting water in the wrong places?
Yay, that doesn't sound right. I am the king of pressure washing things that are questionable, but a stove! those are in a house. By the time you drag it outside and pressure wash it you could have just cleaned it or bought a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-08-2012, 01:53 AM

post #5 of Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 AM

I am ashamed to say that I once caught my hand with the spray of the pressure washer while I was distracted and it hurt like heck. NOT FUN
post #6 of Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyGLO79 View Post
Commercial stoves have fiberglass insulation, which gets wet and stays wet. I do not know what residential stoves have, I have not worked on those. I have cleaned commercial stoves. Not too difficult. Start by taking off knobs and sheet metal. Then lift off the grilles, range stars, burners, drip trays and oven parts. Scrape most parts, soak small parts, including fasteners. The drip trays can be pressure washed, but usually scrapping and soaking works better. I replace most fasteners, too much trouble getting grease out of the Phillip head screws. I have one customer that wants the range/grille cleaned yearly. I price the job T&M only. When I am satisfied, I stop cleaning and start assembly. There are no good chemicals that take off the grease, I use sodium hydroxide. Oven cleaner is used outside only, and really does not work very well. The only exception is if you can put parts in a plastic trash bag, then spray oven cleaner on the parts, seal the bag and leave it overnight. The trash bag seals in the oven cleaner chemicals.

Same insulation concern with refridgeration appliances. But those appliances use foam insulation.

Walk-ins are not bad with a pw. Do the floor and walls first. Scrape food first, then use s/s pads or green pads or rags. Depends on the finishes. Do the ceiling last. Use a wet vacuum for water control. Dump the waste water in the sink. Warm walk-ins stink some.
post #7 of Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 PM

Love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode