Problem about cleaning of carpet - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Problem about cleaning of carpet

Is steam cleaning the best way to go when you need to have carpet cleaned in your home? I want to hire a professional carpet cleaner, but not sure which type of cleaning method is the best for good extraction of dirt and leaving no residue, etc. I have the frise carpet now. Would love to hear the professional method you used and results of the cleaning process. What you liked or disliked about steam cleaning, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 AM

you can always ask the professionals about the method - there are different types of cleaning depending on the type of the carpet.
I think that steam cleaning is one of the best choices, but this is only in my opinion

post #3 of Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 AM

Wow! I know the asnwer to this too....!!! Very simple really. especially about the residue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Wow! I know the asnwer to this too....!!! Very simple really. especially about the residue.

haha, don't be a smartass (I'm just kidding) so the answer is?

post #5 of Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM

The professional you'll hire will explain all of those. It will also give you options to choice from, where you can put in your budget. Just make sure that you will hire a true professional on this matter.

Last edited by rrestor; 04-16-2012 at 01:59 PM.
post #6 of Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM

I can't give out all the answers. We need to get this board rolling! We need for everyone to give their answer, not just me.

By the way... I AM a smartass so no offense taken. If I could make a living out of being a smartass I'd be twice as rich as Warren.
post #7 of Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
I can't give out all the answers. We need to get this board rolling! We need for everyone to give their answer, not just me.

By the way... I AM a smartass so no offense taken. If I could make a living out of being a smartass I'd be twice as rich as Warren.
you're right. We definitely need to turn that blog back to life.
So, my answer is:
When my carpet needs a professional cleaning (which happens twice a year) I always order a steam cleaning, because it is more eco-friendly. The method uses only the power of hot water and steam and contains no chemicals.

Dry cleaning is also a good options especially when it comes to saving time. The carpet doesn't need to dry for days, but the cleaning method involves chemicals that could be very toxic sometimes.

post #8 of Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Hi smartass

u the owner of this site? If you are you get lotz of spmers here
post #9 of Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
Hi smartass

u the owner of this site? If you are you get lotz of spmers here
I think he is far away from owning the forum. He (or she) looks quite a new member to me..

P.S. I can be wrong, of course sprintcar93 will say

post #10 of Old 04-04-2011, 07:53 AM

hello smartasses. i really enjoy your company. So is there any solution to the problem mentioned above?

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #11 of Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM

No, not the owner. I've been a member since 2006 though. Another site I went to for many years decided they wanted to make money with their forum so I'm here to help people for free like they started out doing but got greedy.

What you want is something that is suffectant free. The only known cleaner to me that is suffectant free is Procyon. ALL other soap 'free' cleaners DO have suffectants in them. You do not want soap or suffectants in your carpet because they attract dirt because it is 100% impossible to remove all the soap if you put soap on your carpet. With that said, most carpet cleaners don't like using Procyon because it doesn't suds up so you will have a problem finding someone that uses it. The last I knew, it was not sold in stores. Not even professional cleaning stores. But, you can find it on-line. So if you choose to have a regular carpet cleaner that uses soap.... have it steam cleaned using water only.

When I used to clean carpets... we stopped cleaning carpets nowadays... I had a problem with a high traffic area. When I asked what I should do, I was told to put a bonnet on a buffer and it would solve the problem. I did it and I'll be damed if it didn't work. So I asked why not skip the HWE and just use the bonnet...??? No one had an answer for me. Since I already used a soap free, suffectant free chemical I figured it wouldn't hurt a thing if I tried it. The next day I bought a 12" buffer. So, I vacuumed, sprayed the carpet with Procyon and used the 12" buffer with the bonnet on it. The carpet turned out GREAT! So, I sold my $30,000.00 worth of HWE equipment and used my $500 buffer with the bonnet and Procyon. I charged $ .50sf to vacuum/spray with Procyon/bonnet clean/rake the carpet and most of the time the customer gave me a bonus on top of the high price I charged. That is the only way my personal carpet will ever be cleaned.
post #12 of Old 04-10-2011, 05:44 PM

The best way to take care about your carpet is to hire professionals. Otherwise you take the risk to ruin your carpet.
post #13 of Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 PM

hot water extraction is the preferred method of a lot of actual carpet manufacturers. SHAW is one that comes to mind. you also have the added benefit of removing dust mites and allergens along with the grime. dry bonnet is both cheaper and more profitable for the company but in my opinion doesn't offer the same level of service to the consumer.

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #14 of Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 AM

I definitely agree with Racebum.
Dry bonnet is cheaper solutions for a dirty carpet. The low price comes from the low effectiveness of this method.

post #15 of Old 04-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Is the prise as important as the quality of the cleaning. Do not take the risk because of the cheap prises.
post #16 of Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM

always prefer quality for cleaning work. clean carpet can give good health to you and child. Confirm about services provided by cheap carpet cleaner.
post #17 of Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Wow ,so many good ideas,thanks to you all ! Hope these ideas can help anyone who have came here!
post #18 of Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 PM

HWE Hot water extraction is the way to go. Pre vac, Use a good pre spray, agitate if needed, hook up the TM and stand back. WOW !

http://www.carpet-cleaning-diamond-bar.com
post #19 of Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 AM

Yap, Pasadena is wright, prevac and use a good spray for stains.

www.justcleaning.eu
post #20 of Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 AM

you dont have too look just for the price but in the same time you have too look for the best quality-price ratio.

www.justcleaning.eu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode