Quick question about cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By Illumaniti777
  • 1 Post By sprintcar93
  • 1 Post By DLT55
  • 1 Post By Frances d
  • 1 Post By sprintcar93
  • 1 Post By Jerry K. Thomas
  • 1 Post By Lotus cleaning

post #1 of Old 07-24-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quick question about cleaning

I'm looking to start a business but one thing I'm still not sure of is what do you do when one of your customers has a bunch of stuff laying around? Sorry if this is common knowledge but even when I'm cleaning my house, there's the occasional pile of stuff I don't really know what to do with and I tend to avoid it
magicleanmaid and karaRobert like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-25-2015, 02:58 AM

Damn good question. We normally don't move a lot of stuff. Maybe 1 small pile if it's on a counter. But it's really up to you. I am in business to make money. If you choose to spend time moving piles of stuff just realize when customers 'fire' you that the truth really is that you didn't clean.... you spent more time moving stuff. Or, what might take you 6 hours to clean, I could have cleaned in 4 hours and the customer would have been just as happy. YOU set YOUR OWN rules. Never let the customer set the rules like a lot of people do. I've been in business 17 years and have had a lot of people clean for me and never have we had a complaint because a pile of stuff wasn't moved. Ok, maybe once but it's not something to worry about. To be honest.... lots of piles of crap = pain in the ass to clean and most of the time those types of people don't want to pay my prices.

We also do not clean sinks if they are full of dishes. Maybe if they have like 2 or 3 things in the sink we will move them and clean but if it takes over 3 seconds to take the stuff out of the sink we don't do it. I have the 3 second rule about a lot of stuff.
magicleanmaid likes this.
post #3 of Old 07-27-2015, 07:03 PM

I always tell any potential client that I don't move piles of stuff. I also tell them I do not organize, such as clutter on desks and dressers. I have one client that is a bit of a slob and I have to pick up blankets, shoes, socks, etc. off of the floor and I have another client that picks up before I arrive. I also tell them I don't do piles of dishes unless it is just a few then I will do them and clean the sink. Just be clear from the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-29-2015, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I haven't responded but thanks so much! I wasn't sure if it was just expected and I didn't want to piss anyone off
post #5 of Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 PM

I've kind of wondered the same thing. It's hard to know where to put things in a house you don't live at! I like the idea of telling them that you don't tidy, just clean. It really does add to the cleaning time if you have to do a lot of straightening up.
post #6 of Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 PM

That's why we are a CLEANING company and not a MAID service. Maids do all that crap work. We aren't there to be their mother, that's a maids job. We are CLEANERS. So if you have the word 'MAID' in your business name.... you do the crap work, it's expected. Yes, you can charge more... if they will pay more. And normally all the new people do all that stuff for LESS money than we clean for.

New people do all kinds of stuff for chump change, end up making $3 an hour but when they worked at McDonald's they complained about making $7.25 an hour. They make beds for free, wash dishes, wash clothes, fold clothes and the list goes on.... no idea why they do that stuff. All they gotta do is clean and the customer would be happy; actually. happier than when they do all that crap. I got a new customer yesterday for $125. It should take us about 3 man hours to clean. She hired us because the solo girl that was cleaning for her took 7 hours, changed sheets, did laundry and all kinds of crap..... the lady just wants the damn house cleaned! She did all that for $75 and still didn't clean very well because she did so much other stuff.

The customers just wanted CLEANED people. I'm tellin ya... you can twist it any way you want. You can say your ex customers got rid of you because they didn't have the money to keep you.... that is CRAP!! You didn't clean very good. You sucked because you want to do the dishes, make the beds, wipe their (*).... STOP IT!!

I'm better now
post #7 of Old 08-14-2015, 07:21 PM

Yes, I agree with sprintcar93, as a house cleaner you should not involved with such things. But before coming to conclusion, I think you should discuss these stuffs before starting work with any of your client, so that he should know what you will do and what is not included in your service. This will make the things right on both ends.But, if your client want to incluse such stuffs then tell him before hand about the extra price you will charge him for that. Rather, mention 2 prices for the work - one normal cleaning service and other as deep cleaning service.
post #9 of Old 08-31-2017, 06:11 AM

Tom's Curtain Cleaning Australia experts for Curtain Steam Cleaning, Curtain Dry Cleaning, Curtain Laundry & Drapes Cleaning Australia services.

curtain cleaning melbourne
curtain cleaning kensington
curtain cleaning brighton
curtain cleaning brooklyn
curtain cleaning camberwell
curtain cleaning windsor
curtain cleaning richmond
post #10 of Old 08-31-2017, 06:22 AM

Lotus Cleaning is a professional carpet cleaning company operating in the Calgary area. We offer cleaning services for carpets, area rugs, upholstery, tile and grout, and wood floors for residential and commercial clients.
post #11 of Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 AM

Lotus Cleaning is proud to call Calgary Alberta home, and it is our goal to delight our customers by ensuring that your home remains clean and free of germs and toxins.
Lotuaus likes this.
post #12 of Old 09-09-2017, 06:45 AM

If anyone wants to Curtain clean there office by professional cleaner in Australia, Melbourne or if they want in other city which we mention below with keywords then click and book hygiene services with click on keywords:

curtain cleaning brighton
curtain cleaning richmond
curtain cleaning kensington
curtain cleaning brooklyn
curtain cleaning camberwell
curtain cleaning windsor
post #14 of Old 09-09-2017, 03:45 PM

It's a right question to follow. I can see so many great responds here. Well, since I have started my cleaning business I have faced a lot of different customers. Even the name of my company is MagiCleanMaid quality cleaning services I don't touch any pile of stuff unless it has been agreed in the contract. I try to agree every additional service before we start the job. So in that case we don't have any confusion at the end of the service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode