Roach Infestation - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Roach Infestation

Hi, yesterday a realtor call me to go bid on a single wide moblie home with an addition, She did tell me that it was very dirty, She never told me that it was infested with roach crawling every where. Very Nasty how could people live like that. So the job would be removing all furniture and trash out of the home and also cleaning it. It really looks like a dumpster full of trash. Does anyone have any suggetion how to bid on this dirty job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 PM

I would recommend that you bid it strictly by the hour + materials (if you are responsible for the hauling of the trashed items> Too, I suggest that you ask that the pest control people come in to spray and bomb prior to your cleaning.
post #3 of Old 07-11-2008, 07:06 PM

That sounds like places we went to when we were first starting out. It was horrible. If it were me I would run! LOL Anyway, I would do like Teresa said and make sure that they atleast kill the roaches before you clean. Also, keep in mind the fees that are involved in dumping the trash if you have to remove it from the property. Honestly once you add up the cleaning and trash removal the price is going to be kinda high. Your fee might be more than the mobile home is worth. It will take you much longer to complete the job also. Another thing is that I would demand the payment up front. I have had some trouble with either realtors and rental properties that handle lower end properties paying.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 AM

helo
you must go and a hire cleaning services provider to clean your house ,do you know it can cause asthma ,which is quite dangerous for health.
post #5 of Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 AM

They are a cleaning services provider. They were just commenting on the condition of a home that they were asked to bid on
post #6 of Old 07-26-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babflores View Post
Hi, yesterday a realtor call me to go bid on a single wide moblie home with an addition, She did tell me that it was very dirty, She never told me that it was infested with roach crawling every where. Very Nasty how could people live like that. So the job would be removing all furniture and trash out of the home and also cleaning it. It really looks like a dumpster full of trash. Does anyone have any suggetion how to bid on this dirty job.
Sounds hazardous.

if there is crap, rodents, dead animals, etc. a certified hazardous clean up crew is needed.

big big big money
post #7 of Old 04-27-2012, 05:19 AM

Once cockroaches have entered in your home, it is hard to get rid of them. The length of time it takes to rid your home of a cockroach infestation depends largely upon species and their sizes. However, there are several pest controllers who can guarantee your home free of cockroaches.
post #8 of Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 AM

A roach infestation begins with a single roach egg. In my opinion, among all the pests that can infect your home or business premises, roaches perhaps are the worst ones. Pest control in your home is important and roaches can be one of the worst.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode