Robot Vacume Cleaners - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-13-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Robot Vacume Cleaners

Hola Group,

I was talking to my buddy in St Louis last night and he was telling me all about this robot vacuum cleaner he bout from overstock.com, refurbished, for about 250 dollars.

I'm sure you've heard something about them, cause I had too, but I got the full scoop until now... and these things are outstanding... maybe the smartest and most practical domestic robot invented to date.

He says that the vacuum recognizes his whole floor layout with sensors, automatically adjusts it's vacuum height to moved from one uneven surface tot he next, and cleans his apartment on Mondays and thursdays when he is off teacher class.

He comes home and he can see the vacume marks, and then looks over to where it docks, and its just chillin there recharging itself.

---

I would like to know if any of you guys own one of these things too and can talk it up or down. I dont! I'm just repeating what I heard, but still.... how impressive by ear...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM

Jeez... what a scam.

From what I heard, this thing is supposed to be called a Roomba... or something like that.

It's supposed to wander around the room, then change direction when it hits a solid object. Not very sophisticated. I think it runs on batteries, which should tell you how strong the vacuum motor is. And at $250, you can imagine it's not that great of a robot either.

But anyways, the choice is yours. I don't think that they're going to be releasing a commercial version of this toy any time within the near future. And if they did, I can't imagine any self-respecting cleaner would ever implement something as cheesy and gimmicky as this.

I mean, if an industrial strength version was even possible, would you really truxt it unsupervised in your client's office. I don't think so.

Who knows, maybe I'm way off base with this one... it's just my $0.02 and you should probably take it at face value.
post #3 of Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 PM

Roomba!

First time poster here - just wanted to tell you of my experience of the Roomba!

I own a residential cleaning company and was called to go out to estimate the price for a customer. The 'customer' opened the door and let me in - you have all probably had similar experiences - and the house was an absolute mess; you could smell the dirt and the carpet was 'tacky' to walk over. After talking with her and being shown around, we sat down to discuss the service. During the conversation I asked her what the little machine was on the floor of each of her main rooms. She then went on to tell me that it was a Roomba and that she was a local salesperson (her carpets were not a good advertisement for the product!)!
She went on to tell me that they were wonderful and did I want to buy one?!
After seeing the state of her home I wanted to ask her "if they are so wonderful why do you need my services?"
So, my experience of the Roomba is - leave it in the box!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode