Seo - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-30-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Seo

How helpful have people found SEO in garnering good contracts if any at all? What kinda of lead generation can be expected from a top google ranking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 AM

Google will tell you what to do to optimize your site and it might be worth doing your self. If money is going to change hands I'd start with Google Ads. You can usually get a few dollars worth if you are new. You can set a lot of limits and since you only pay if they click it can be money well spent.

I'd also suggest spending time on the portals that bring up and show up before your business. Many of them will just collect minimum information and you need to add your web site to their listing.
post #3 of Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 PM

I SEO all my sites my self. It takes a few months to get on the first page of google in a competitive market. The phone rings . It works. It also gets you a more sophisticated client.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-diamond-bar.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Search engine optimization is so important to get a top Google ranking. In seo content uniqueness and link building task is important.
post #5 of Old 07-01-2011, 02:54 AM

I think visitors and time on page are the most important. That's why Google Analytics show them first.
post #6 of Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM

I believe there're many excellent Seoer here. What do you do for top Google Ranking?
post #7 of Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Tell me the difference between a professional SEOer and a spammer.

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #8 of Old 07-20-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew K.Smith View Post
I believe there're many excellent Seoer here. What do you do for top Google Ranking?
For top Google Ranking you have to do linkbuilding tasks like one way , two way, three way link buildings.

these services gives promotion to your website, ranking.

post #9 of Old 07-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stainberg View Post
Tell me the difference between a professional SEOer and a spammer.
SEO gets 1.6 billion hits on Google.
Spam gets 1.15 and starts with food and Monty Python.
post #10 of Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Thanks! I got it now.

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #11 of Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrita View Post
For top Google Ranking you have to do linkbuilding tasks like one way , two way, three way link buildings.
Complete rubbish. Link building and SEO in it's entirety has evolved significantly since the days ten years ago where you could carry out excessive reciprocal linking and spam across multiple content/link farms.

Recommended: Driveway Cleaning Services by Forefront Cleaning | Tel: 01744 627844
post #12 of Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 PM

SEO is Google's explanation and guidelines for the subject at hand.
It tells you what to do and how to do it for best results on their engine.

It also gives advice on what to look for and lookout for if you hire an SEO.

And if you Google <Google SEO> you find a lot of the ads and lists promise you will be number one.
post #13 of Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 PM

seo for cleaning websites

First and foremost, getting on page one is about supplying consistent information.

Search engines read webpages like we read books - they start with the title and then they expect the rest of the webpage to talk about that topic.

First, study your competition that shows up on the 1st page of google results when you search for janitorial services in your town. They're doing something right, and you can do the same things - maybe better. And also remember to do searches using different keywords - searches using different phrases such as "janitorial services" and "office cleaning" and "building maintenance" will all bring up much different results on the 1st page.

What you're really looking for, ideally, is a website that keeps showing up high in results even when you use different words in your searches. When you find a website that places high for different words and phrases, you've found someone who REALLY knows what they're doing (or at least their web master really knows what he/she is doing), and you can learn from them and do the same things they do.

Before you click on their listings, read their page descriptions. The page description shows up right under the page title - for instance if you do a search for cleaning forums, CleaningTalk's page description reads like this - "
Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum". I'll bet the page descriptions of the janitorial websites you are looking at have at least one "cleaning" related word and the name of their town, and yours should do the same. Try to keep your page descriptions under 160 characters and spaces - the most I've ever seen Google display was 164.

Now, click on their listing. Look at their pages titles, which is what shows up at the top of your browser. For instance the title of this page you're viewing is "Seo - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum". Be sure your page title contains what you do and where you are. Your page title could be "Janitorial Cleaning Services in (your town).

Look at the text on their pages - the text probably sprinkles words like janitorial, cleaning, office, facility, building, maintenance, and the name of their town at least a couple of times each throughout the text. The text should support and expand upon the page title as I mentioned above. Don't go too heavy on those words, though, as search engines see that as "keyword stuffing".

Having read billions of webpages over the years, Google has built an immense thesaurus into its system. For instance it doesn't know what cleaning is, but it does know that cleaning is related to janitorial, maintenance, office, building, commercial, scrub, polish, dust, buff, facility, service, etc. Consider using those synonyms throughout your pages. Search engines will see your website as well-rounded and more informative and will give you points for that.

Few people know this next one, so this is just for you guys and gals - Google has tailored its search formula so it likes the words "learn, discover, teach, recommend" etc. because it feels the web's highest purpose should be educational. So if you sprinkle these "educational" words throughout your text - such as "Learn how we train our employees" or "Discover just how good janitorial can be" - Google will like your site more and make it more likely that you'll get on page one. It's not a HUGE advantage, but YouTube has liked educational words for years, and ever since Google bought YouTube it has worked that into its search formula.

Google also likes lots of content, as long as you stay on-topic. Consider making your index page bigger than it is, and give more information. On your index page you can talk a little bit about all of the aspects of your business, and then on your other pages you can talk more in-depth about each subject.

Look at their actual page names - when you click on one of their links, such as "Services", is it named "http:www.abc.com/services" or does it say "http://www.abc.com/janitorial-services-boston" (or whatever town they're in). Whether their page names are generic, like /services or they are more specific like /janitorial-services-boston, consider doing this with your pages.

If you put contact information on your pages such as phone, fax, etc, be sure it appears exactly the same on every page. If your phone number appears as (555) 555-5555 on one page and it appears as 555-555-5555 on another page, it's points off. Search engines, more than anything, compare information, so it needs to be perfectly consistent. The correct way to present phone numbers, by the way is this - Tel: (555) 555-5555, or Phone: (555) 555-5555. Search engines will definitely recognize that as a phone number and not just a string of numbers and hyphens.

Whether you have these items taken care of or not, you can begin to build links to your website through forums like CleaningTalk. Links to your website are called backlinks, and search engines see backlinks to your website as "votes" or recommendations, for your website, and they're a huge factor in getting your site to show up on page one. It shows search engines that you are actively involved in the cleaning industry and that you are willing to learn and to educate others as well. But please don't leave comments on forums that just say something like "Thanks for the great post!" and then leave a link to your website - that's like cheating and it's a waste of forum server space, so try really hard to either contribute to the conversation or to at least ask a good question!

There are literally thousands of link-building services out there but it's incredibly difficult to know who's honest and who's not, and in most smaller cities and towns you can usually get your site on page one as long as you pay attention to your page names, page titles, text, consistent information, and backlinks. The more backlinks, the better, and you should make it a goal to leave a certain number of posts and backlinks every week, because old posts and old backlinks become "diluted" in effectiveness over time. If you want the horse to keep a movin' you need to keep the hay a comin'!

Don't expect your efforts to show up immediately on search results. There are over 21 billion webpages on the Internet, and Google's servers read about 1 billion pages a day, so in 2-3 weeks you should be able to see that your site is moving up in search results.

And finally, update your site often, because search engines give points to websites that get updated on a regular basis. Google especially gives points to updated sites because it shows you are giving fresh information - it's not a dusty old website that just sits there. It shows you're active in the business (even if you don't have any fresh information, change the wording of a sentence here and there and search engines will at least think it's fresh!).

Here are a couple of websites that I picked out of the blue to show the best way to make a backlink - I'm sure they won't mind that I created a couple of backlinks for them!

Learn more about recommended janitorial services in Hartford Connecticut and commercial cleaning in Memphis Tennessee, and discover just how good building maintenance can be!

I used 3 educational words there and 6 cleaning words, and both of the text links use cleaning words and exact locations. This tells Google exactly what those sites are about and where the businesses are located.

Of course you have to remember that your website has to talk to prospective customers, but at the same time, in order for anyone to find your website through search, you also have to talk to search engines.

Well, time to go, hope that helps!

Last edited by kitschulte; 07-26-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: put in some more info
post #14 of Old 07-29-2011, 04:51 AM

Lol the final post really made it brief for me. I develop some sites lately but I only knew the basics.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #15 of Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 AM

hello sir,

for basic you have generate first of all meta tag optimization to your site and also you have to do on page seo.then only we can able to procide off page seo work.
post #16 of Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM

wow, kitschulte that is a brilliant and comprehensive response!

The only thing I would add to that is that Google continues to crawl the internet for changes, so SEO is an ongoing process. Updating your website on a regular basis is important - you can set up a blog either on your website, or through one of the blogging websites to direct traffic to your website. But, only do this if you have actually got something to say. There are lots of "fake" blogs out there doing this, but eventually Google will catch up with them (they are always readjusting their search logarithms) and the long term negative impact on the website will be much greater than the short term positive one.

Hey, kitschulte - I was surprised you didn't have a link to your website in your signature though!

--
Malinko - Job scheduling and CRM Made Easy
(t) +44161 850 0111
Appointment Scheduling & CRM Software for Cleaners
post #17 of Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM

SEO has been vital to the success of my business. Ever since my Internet Marketing Agency achieved top rankings for the terms related to my business I've notice an increase in leads and new contracts keep coming.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #18 of Old 08-12-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expert-cleaner View Post
Complete rubbish. Link building and SEO in it's entirety has evolved significantly since the days ten years ago where you could carry out excessive reciprocal linking and spam across multiple content/link farms.
who said you this is rubbish. most of the people donig links and also writing unique content and keeping contextual links. do you know. why you doing the work in extreme spam way.. do it correctly like white hat OK. every body cannot do SEO without links first you mind that. In SEO links also important but no more imp. you say not much important, dont say rubbish & etc...
post #19 of Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
who said you this is rubbish. most of the people donig links and also writing unique content and keeping contextual links. do you know. why you doing the work in extreme spam way.. do it correctly like white hat OK. every body cannot do SEO without links first you mind that. In SEO links also important but no more imp. you say not much important, dont say rubbish & etc...
My point still stands, link building is about way more than one way, two way, three way links. That comment was referring to link spam, link exchange and content farms - Most of which will get you penalised in the search engines.

Offsite optimisation strategies should be focused around audience engagement, social spheres and generating quality link bait along with particpation in relevant industry networks.

Recommended: Driveway Cleaning Services by Forefront Cleaning | Tel: 01744 627844
post #20 of Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
hello sir,

for basic you have generate first of all meta tag optimization to your site and also you have to do on page seo.then only we can able to procide off page seo work.
wow, that pretty much lets us know your skill level. Meta tag's are useless when it comes to SEO these days, and that's straight from GOOGLE themselves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode