Selling a cleaning business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-27-2016, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Selling a cleaning business

I'm 70 years old, I started my business over 20 years ago....I have 15 full and parttime employess, most have been with me for over 10 years, four of them for over 17 years..yearly gross income $370,000 per year...net income $147,000...reason for selling, (health )..does any one have any advice on a formula for putting a selling price on it.. I'm located in a town of $85,000 people, in northwest Iowa...any help would be appreciated...thanks and have a great day..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-19-2016, 01:48 AM

Hi,

Try to list on craigslist. It is one of the biggest businesses market online.

Good Luck!

Kathleen Doyle
post #3 of Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristate cleaning View Post
I'm 70 years old, I started my business over 20 years ago....I have 15 full and parttime employess, most have been with me for over 10 years, four of them for over 17 years..yearly gross income $370,000 per year...net income $147,000...reason for selling, (health )..does any one have any advice on a formula for putting a selling price on it.. I'm located in a town of $85,000 people, in northwest Iowa...any help would be appreciated...thanks and have a great day..
You're looking up to four times your annual adjusted net profit. I have not heard of using Craigslist as a valuable resource for selling a business, maybe to advertise FOR business but not to sell an entire company. You might start by talking to a financial adviser to get their input on how to sell your business.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-20-2016, 07:56 AM

List it yourself on Bizbuysell. Make sure you have extremely clean books for the last three years and no outstanding taxes.

A good company with clean books and a reasonable price sells itself. I listed my company with a broker and he had it tied with multiple offers for over six months but never closed any of them.

Then I took over and listed it on Bizbuysell and sold it within three months to the first offer, all cash.

Good luck and ask me any questions, will be glad to help.

Richard

Generating commercial cleaning leads. www.JanitorialServiceLeads.com
post #5 of Old 07-21-2016, 10:12 AM

Re: Selling a cleaning business

Well it's good to hear that.. If I were on your shoes I would practically list them on local citations based on location the same way I did with France Menage and nevertheless, it made an impact gradually as more and more customer visits to ask for our cleaning business.
post #6 of Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 PM

Congratulations on building a business that big! You sell business nearly everywhere. Craigslist, Newspaper, a for sale sign in the yard will do it sometimes.
post #7 of Old 07-26-2016, 11:48 PM

Craigslist is a huge market
post #8 of Old 07-27-2016, 09:11 AM

Re: Selling a cleaning business

Once you've launched your ménage business, you will need to focus your efforts on finding ... Decide on one or two selling points that you believe will be most important to your ... Invite your satisfied customers to post a review your services.
post #9 of Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 PM

I know there are a lot of apps you can use to sell businesses and business ideas. There are a lot of advisor agencies for things like this. Could talk to your nearby carpet cleaners and see if they would like to pick up your business too.
post #10 of Old 08-04-2016, 04:05 AM

Location: 21a/13b Elm Park Drive, Hoppers Crossing VIC - 3029
You can try craiglist or other B2B portal where you can get opportunity to meet people who are ready to buy .

Regards
Zero Spot Cleaners
Cheap and Reliable cleaning service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode