Selling a Cleaning contract - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Selling a Cleaning contract

Hi there..
I have a question that I need help with and I am hoping someone can help me out on here.

I am interested in selling one of my contracts and I was wondering if anyone knows the INs and OUTs of selling a contract and type of advice can you give me,

Thank You
Sean
Mooney's Cleaning Service and Supplies Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-29-2015, 11:58 PM

I sold a couple of my cleaning accounts a few years ago. I made up a contract with account names and addresses, equipment at accounts to be included, willingness to provide support for a 2 week period, price to be paid for accounts and full price to be paid upon signing of contract. No guarantee of accounts to remain with purchaser. I found a buyer, things went very well and I have become friends with buyer. He has kept 4 of the 5 customers a few years later.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the information... Did you have a Attorney make you up a contract? I was thinking of getting my Attorney once I have someone that is really interested, Just avoid any issues down the road if Something would happen. I have a question, I recently got this contract that I am inquiring about. How do I handle the business that in charge of paying me every month, Do I let them know, I will not be the one doing there janitorial work and etc.. If I find a interested person that wants the account do I charge a percentage or just charge the wholes amount of the contract. I am just new at trying to sale a contract. I need to know what and how to do it.
Thank you
Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-30-2015, 03:03 PM

I did add to my contract that funds still owed for past months of cleaning will be paid to my company and if sent to the purchasing company, they will forward to me. I did include the amount owed to me from each customer in the contract. I didn't have my attorney draw it up as I felt comfortable with the no guarantees clause in the contract but it would certainly be a good idea to have your attorney look it over. As far as the correct price to charge, that is more difficult to answer. I sold a bundle of accounts to ease the buyer that my accounts were in good standing. When I see someone selling one account I certainly wonder why and if the customer is about to cancel so I would never be comfortable paying top dollar. I sold my bundle of accounts for 6 x the monthly invoicing. Franchise cleaning companies sell new accounts for 3 x the monthly invoicing. The amount of profit on the account plays a big part of the selling price. Your account can make a profit somewhere between 10% - 30% after all costs which would affect the valuation.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 04-06-2015, 02:43 AM

you will sale this contact after fulfilling all the legal requirements of laws. you need to do some research on net how to sale contract.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode