Taking pics a good idea - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-05-2016, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Taking pics a good idea

Do you or would you ever consider taking pics of each room in each house to keep on file for each customer? How would you make that work? What is the purpose?

Idk, it seems like a lot of work taking pics and then organizing them to just have them on file. Could be useful for training...I suppose ??

What do you think? Beneficial?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-05-2016, 04:15 PM

We take before and after pictures of move out/in cleans and 1x cleans for documentation purpose ( on the off chance the quality of the work is called into question ). I see no benefit in taking and maintaining photos for regular on going cleanings....unless you have a feeling that some issue may be called into question and you want the photo for evidence if need be.
post #3 of Old 10-05-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

I can see a benefit for before/after pics. Thanks.

So I found out why my friend did this...

1. As an upsell. She turned the photos into her customers' homeowners insurance for like $20 a room. That's kinda smart since she's there anyways.
2. To use on her website to keep it fresh. She only uses the ones who give her permission.
Good ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-07-2016, 11:46 AM

Doing every house and every room is overkill and too much work. Take photos that represent how well you do what you do to use for marketing and sales. Cleaning is about attention to detail so get close and show detail.

Eric
Air Health Services Marysville
post #5 of Old 11-15-2016, 04:43 PM

I take pictures all the time. It makes you seem more professional. You have pictures just case they blame you for breaking something. Also it helps you build a portfolio to show other clients.
post #6 of Old 11-15-2016, 05:12 PM

This is true. I wouldn't photograph every nook and cranny
post #7 of Old 11-30-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicheather265 View Post
Do you or would you ever consider taking pics of each room in each house to keep on file for each customer? How would you make that work? What is the purpose?

Idk, it seems like a lot of work taking pics and then organizing them to just have them on file. Could be useful for training...I suppose ??

Take photos of your work for your web marketing and maybe your work when you think you may have a difficult client on your hands.

-------------------------------------
Window Cleaning & Pressure Washing Simi Valley Thousand Oaks
http://www.windowcleaningconejovalley.com/
post #8 of Old 12-16-2016, 05:04 AM

I am really struggling with what added value this brings to the customer. It becomes a logistical nightmare for you to input, catalog and track all the pics and I just can't see that there is any value to the client.

I love you are trying to come up with ways to bring more value but I'm not sure this one is a good idea.
post #9 of Old 12-16-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max61 View Post
I am really struggling with what added value this brings to the customer. It becomes a logistical nightmare for you to input, catalog and track all the pics and I just can't see that there is any value to the client.

I love you are trying to come up with ways to bring more value but I'm not sure this one is a good idea.
The value is to you. Always take before pics of an area you will be working in. One day you will be grateful.

Ralph Quaglia. Driveways Plus Pressure washing LLC 727-520-2198
Pressure Washing Gutter Cleaning
Oldsmar Pressure Washing Service
Pressure Washing Tarpon Springs
post #10 of Old 01-02-2017, 10:39 PM

Just like home renovations and the type of stuff they show on HGTV, before & after pics go a LONG way.
post #11 of Old 01-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Re: Taking pics a good idea

Oh well, go for it if that what makes you happy anyway. Life is too short to spend on limits.
post #12 of Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicheather265 View Post

Taking pics is a good idea. You can mainly use them for two purposes -

1. For social media marketing - Post and blogs which will create a good impression on the visitors.

2. Having a track on your work will always help you in long run by teaching you.

Cheers!

www.mrhomecare.in
post #13 of Old 03-16-2017, 05:01 AM

Thanks for sharing nice information.....
post #14 of Old 04-05-2017, 12:34 PM

I did a walk through for a foreclosure and not only did I want to take the pics but the agent ask me to. They play their role as it provides before/after evidence. Its worth it for liability purposes too. I recommend doing this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode