Three times a charm - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-02-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Three times a charm

I posted this on Nathan's other board but I think this board and another board I posted on have three different crowds and I want opinions from all walks.

I'm working on my website. Its just my nature to be overly analytical so one minute I have a super clean design, the next I design it with organic search engine placement as a priority.

Before I link up the rest of the pages, I want you to take a look at the home page. I have a lot going on. Is it too distracting? This is a version with SEO in mind. Any words of wisdom or insight are welcome. You won't hurt my feelings in any way, I want to do whats best for my business and my customers. - Ken

www.pressure-pros.com

PS: The video has been edited down as well but you can watch this version if you have a fast enough connection.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Ken, I am very VERY IMPRESSED!

I think you have a winner there
post #3 of Old 02-02-2007, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Theresa, that means a lot to me, thank you. I respect and value your opinion. Thanks for the kind words. Christine looked at it for ten seconds and glazed over like a doe. But then again, I came back to the computer and found a list of a hundred websites visited from verah wang to oprah.com. My business is not really her cup of tea.

PressurePros, Inc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 PM

The design (logo, header, buttons etc..) is really good.

For me there is too much content for a homepage. I'm thinking of this from a homeowners perspective and NOT considering SEO at all so keep that in mind. If I'm a homeowner I want to be able to log onto your homepage and within 5 seconds know what you do and get a good feeling about you. Then I want to be able to get more info/content IF I want it.

Also, the page can't be fully viewed by someone using 800x600 resolution. That may or may not be an issue for you depending on who your target audience is however there are still a large percentage of people who view sites at 800x600.

Last, I'd try to figure out a way to have a image, title, or screen grab in the video player box instead of it just being black. It will draw more interest.

Overall it really does look great... I'm just being picky. Once again I'm also not looking at it from an SEO perspective. I'm sure it's very good for that.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!

Last edited by Nathan; 02-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.
post #5 of Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 PM

I think it looks great, but could use some pruning down. Seems like information over-load for the main page.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #6 of Old 02-03-2007, 12:44 AM

guess I'm a reader, I think the content is fine
post #7 of Old 02-03-2007, 02:51 AM

Cool site

The Music on video is great!
post #8 of Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
guess I'm a reader, I think the content is fine
I second that. Having to click to find more info is annoying to me and I read every bit of the home page. There are a bunch of folks out there that don't want to have to surf from page to page to see if this is the company for them. It's very professional looking and having the payment options you accept is a plus for me. The only shopping I ever do on the net is thru Paypal and having to search around a site to see if they accept it is a pain. Of course, if you were to come to my house to do the work, I would write a check.

Very impressive site and it loaded like lightning for me...a 56K dial-up gal. The video was a problem because of my dial-up connection. After 15 minutes of buffering it was only 16% complete Needless to say, I didn't see the video.

Gets a

suzi g
post #9 of Old 02-03-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Great stuff, guys. I was concerned about viewing in all resolutions so thats positively a focus. Nothing looks cheesier than having to scroll from side to side. I agree there is a ton going on, I think, in this form the site may have too much orientation towards SEO.

Nathan, excellent idea on having a picture in the video screen. I wonder if putting a frame or two of an attention grabbing graphic at the beginning of the video would work.

You know the video is getting outstanding response from the Baby Boomers. That song is classic. Since that is my target market, I'll leave it.

RE: the video.. were you guys all able to stream the video or did you have to wait too long for it to cache?

PressurePros, Inc
post #10 of Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM

The video streamed well for me.
post #11 of Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzikg View Post
I second that. Having to click to find more info is annoying to me and I read every bit of the home page. There are a bunch of folks out there that don't want to have to surf from page to page to see if this is the company for them. It's very professional looking and having the payment options you accept is a plus for me. The only shopping I ever do on the net is thru Paypal and having to search around a site to see if they accept it is a pain. Of course, if you were to come to my house to do the work, I would write a check.

Very impressive site and it loaded like lightning for me...a 56K dial-up gal. The video was a problem because of my dial-up connection. After 15 minutes of buffering it was only 16% complete Needless to say, I didn't see the video.

Gets a

suzi g
Suzi, great insight. Men have a much shorter attention span (I hold the remote the whole time I watch TV whether I like the show or not) The psychology behind this stuff fascinates me. Female readers I would love to hear more. The concensus thus far is that it need to be pared down a bit. I am still a little unsure of modifications I want to do.

PressurePros, Inc
post #12 of Old 02-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Suzi, great insight. Men have a much shorter attention span (I hold the remote the whole time I watch TV whether I like the show or not) The psychology behind this stuff fascinates me. Female readers I would love to hear more. The concensus thus far is that it need to be pared down a bit. I am still a little unsure of modifications I want to do.
Ha,

I have considered adding velcro to my sofa, coffee table or shirt sleeves and remote so I don't lose the danged thing when commercials come on or my interest is lost during a show.

I have the attention span of a fly under certain circumstances and find that when I am looking for a service on the web I want it all "immediately" if not sooner. If there is not enough information, I will bolt rather than navigate from page to page.

I do have to scroll a bit from side to side but I have a dinosaur mac and have not even checked the resolutions on it. Might be a problem I can rectify but just chalk it up right now to not having the best system. Will troubleshoot that issue and get back to you.

JMHO, but for me, your site would be one that I would NOT surf away from and would definitely provide contact info or call.

I would love to hear what others think should be pared away.

suzi g
post #13 of Old 02-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzikg View Post
I do have to scroll a bit from side to side but I have a dinosaur mac and have not even checked the resolutions on it. Might be a problem I can rectify but just chalk it up right now to not having the best system. Will troubleshoot that issue and get back to you.
Checked my resolution and it is running at 1024 X 768. The side to side scrolling issue was a matter of resizing my window. DUH! I sized it down a while ago and forgot.

suzi g
post #14 of Old 02-03-2007, 05:35 PM

I think that you may find that women shoppers who are not completely informed about what a service is or how it works will be the most pleased to have the "over load" of information that some are citing. It gives us comfort that we are indeed hiring someone who is knowledgeable.

This may just fall into one of those He/she arguments and you may have to determine who you prime candidates for potential clients will be and gear slightly more towards them.

So...... who really does call upon you the most for your services? Men or women?

Last edited by t.peterson; 02-03-2007 at 05:39 PM.
post #15 of Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Theresa, women by far.

Suzi, nope, its not you..there are issues with certain resolutions that I need to address.

PressurePros, Inc
post #16 of Old 02-04-2007, 01:31 AM

There you go..... then work your mojo towards the female client
post #17 of Old 02-04-2007, 10:37 PM

I think it looks great. I think the more info on your first page the better.
I hate web sites that you have to jump from page to page to page and still can't find what your looking for.
Very professional looking.
Excellent Job Ken!

Joseph D. Desmond
Raedan Cleaning Services Inc.-----http://www.raedancleaningservicesinc.com
"Promoting a clean and healthy work environment"
770-792-9184

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode