Tips To Avoid Water Damage To Your Home
When water damage strikes, there is nothing you can do but call for help. However, you can avoid water damage by following these simple and easy to remember steps and keep your home safe and well maintained.
1. Make sure you disconnect hoses as standing water in a tube tends to create an ice block that either stops the water flow or bursts the pipe, thereby damaging your walls and floor.
2. Ensuring your gutter is cleaned twice a week to avoid blockage.
3. Minimize landscaping(removing trees and shrubs) near the pipes
4. Following the manufacturer's directions and keeping a check o the appliances periodically to avoid havoc.
5. Install a water detector that detects low moisture levels and leaks that usually go unnoticed.
6. Do not ignore moisture damage and get help from a professional and reliable company case. You don't follow the instructions above!