Tips to Cleaning your Laminate Flooring. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Tips to Cleaning your Laminate Flooring.

Hi there, thought I would share some tips if you have laminate flooring in your home. I find these tips helpful and found then off a website where I bought my steam cleaner. If any one else has any tips please let me know or share here.

If you are trying to maintain you laminate floor here are some maintenance tips

1) Becareful with the laminate floor cleaner that you buy. Lot of chemical based floor cleaners tend to leave behind residue and can make your flooring look dull. Invest in a steam mop so you can eliminate the need to use chemical cleaners and just steam clean your laminate flooring.

2) Sweep your laminate flooring on a daily basis to prevent dust and dirt from sticking to the surface. Sweeping on daily basis prevents you from alot of scrubbing and mopping in the future. prevents you from alot of future scrubbing and mopping.

3) do not use soap or any other household cleaner to clean your laminate floors as they leave unsightly streaks. If you have spots or stains invest in a steam mop that will help lift the stains from the floor. A steam mop is more convientent to use when you have spills and spots.

4) when you spill anything wipe it up immediately since extend period of moisture absorption can damage your laminate flooring.

5) do not wax your laminate flooring

6) use natural cleaning ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, lemon and water. Natural ingreditent such as these can help maintain your home daily with out any chemicals. You can also use all these natural ingredients with steam mop so you have the power of hot steam to wipe away dirt and refreshen your home.

Hope that helps Cheers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Cleaning laminate flooring

If you hire an outside service to clean your laminate floor, make sure they do not use a machine like a buffer to clean the floor. The machine could ruin the laminate by buffing through the laminate and expose the underlayment. At that point you would need to replace the floor.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
post #3 of Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 AM

If you need to remove grease from the laminate floors, apply an ice pack (a package of frozen vegetables will do in a pinch) until grease hardens, then gently scrape with plastic spoon or butter knife. Remaining residue should wipe away with a couple of squirts of window cleaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 AM

Some of more tips to clean laminate floors are listed below:
By sweeping the floors daily, you'll prevent fine scratches from marring the surface
Wash your floor weekly
Vacuum it daily
Removing Food from Flooring
Using Vinegar and Water to Clean Floors
post #5 of Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 AM

It's quite helpful way for cleaning services. Regular cleaning and vacuuming keeps the important part due to cleaning service.
post #6 of Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM

Well, the easiest and best way to get your laminate flooring cleaned is to call in professional cleaners. And, the best way to hire for professional cleaning service is to search it online on internet.
post #7 of Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 AM

I have had great luck cleaning the laminate floors in our house using zep hardwood and laminate cleaner. I have also had a bit of success using the "bruce" cleaner that is completely wax free.
post #8 of Old 07-30-2012, 04:59 AM

Thanks for sharing a good piece of info. All the tips are really commendable and very effective. Commonly apply a spongy brush attachment on the vacuum or use a swiffer style tool for picking up dust and hair. Sweep or vacuum in the direction that the pieces are laid so that you pick up all the crud between the grooves instead of trapping it in the flooring (especially if it’s mock-hardwood style that has the grooves between each “plank”).

manhattan ny document drying
post #9 of Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM
post #10 of Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM

These tips are awsome I dont really deal with laminated flooring but I will deffinitly keep these in mind for the future
post #11 of Old 08-27-2012, 02:06 AM

Laminate flooring always looks good, but it requires some maintenance to keep its beauty. Proper cleaning is a must as they will attract dirt.
Thanks for sharing the great tips. It's really helpful.
post #12 of Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM

Write down them, maybe some day they will be used.

for cleaning information and product advertising, visit http://www.zgqjmh.com or http://en.zgqjmh.com
post #13 of Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Cleaning laminate flooring

I also have laminate flooring in my house and it is very difficult to maintain it and keep it clean. It needs special care and for that I like your tips of using natural cleaning ingredients for cleaning laminate floor. Your tips are very effective.
post #14 of Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM

For quite clean-up of spots and spills, spray with window cleaner and wipe with a soft cloth. However, do not overuse window cleaners that contain ammonia as excess ammonia can strip away the protective sealant on laminate floors.
post #15 of Old 01-07-2015, 06:29 AM

Thank you all for the useful tips!
post #16 of Old 01-16-2015, 12:38 PM

Tips for cleaning laminate floors

I don't know if this helps, but I use to clean Pergo flooring for a client. After I cleaned them with a towel mop and distilled white vinegar, I had to dry them to remove the streaks.

Visit my blog: http://www.cleanwithasmile.blogspot.com/

Tags
laminate floors , laminate tile , steam 2 clean , steam cleaner , steam cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode