Veronica - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-15-2015, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Veronica

I returned your email so let me know if you didn't receive it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-16-2015, 02:13 AM

Hey Sprintcar93 I did indeed receive your email. I was working on updating my bid sheet. I'm taking to heart what you said about taking control as well as being friendly. I never had a problem being friendly, it's just now that I'm doing it for me is when I get very nervous. I must say I did not think you would respond that quickly ( or at all for that matter). Once again thank you for your advice.
post #3 of Old 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Well, I was suppose to be on a racing trip but we got rained out so luckily for you, I was back home.

I get really anxious on the drive over.... on the walk up to the door.... even more when I ring the bell.... and then once they answer, I just act like I've known them for ever and do exactly as I told you to do. When you try it report back and tell me how it goes. You can comment here, pm me or email.... either is fine with me. those sheets will really help once the walk-through is done.

Once you do what I said a few times it will be something you are familiar with but the person that answers the door isn't familiar with and that is where YOU hold the key. YOU need to keep control since it is their house. They don't know what you want them to do next. They don't have to know you are in control but just take the lead in everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 PM

Well Sprintcar93 I had an estimate done today and let me tell you that I did exactly what you said. I was nervous all the way there. Once she opened her door it was action time lol. All I kept thinking was "take control..... be in control".
She was very pleased with the way I presented myself (she said "you present yourself very well") and I as I gave her my business card she booked her cleaning for later this week. Thanks again for your tips you truly are a god-sent.
post #5 of Old 06-17-2015, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

That's GREAT!

I really need to take time and get my stuff together for my website. It's nights like tonight where I could have worked on it but instead it took me 1.5 hours taking parts from different office chairs and putting all my favorite parts together....
post #6 of Old 06-18-2015, 11:54 AM

Sounds like you are a busy person. You need to hurry on your website though people like me are looking forward to it.
Good luck with your new endeavor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode