What is a good Vacuum? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

What is a good Vacuum?

What is a good commercial vacuum cleaner?

Was looking at the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-22-2017, 03:54 PM

Robert,

If you clean midsized offices, or building common areas with large carpeted areas I would look at a wide path vacuum like a 14" proteam hepa ProTeam ProForce 1500XP HEPA Dual Motor Upright Vacuum JonDon has them for $426. I have 1 of these and like it. There are other 14" wide path vacuums for less.

If you clean lots of bare/hard surface floors then look at a backpack vacuum. There are lots of them on the market, I have a Perfect Backpack and would not buy another one, Have a Proteam backpack Super Coach and like it.

Here is a link to a .pdf of cleaning times put out by ISSA. look under carpet cleaning vacuuming and it lists the cleaning times for various vacuums 12" 14" 18"
https://www.parish-supply.com/pdf/IS...ning-Times.pdf
Brad BD Janitorial
Don't forget to look at the cost of vacuum consumables--filters, bags,belts
post #3 of Old 03-27-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Great!

Thank you for the advice! I will check it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-05-2017, 01:31 PM

I'm not the original poster but I have been looking at buying a backpack vac so this info is very very helpful. Thank you!
post #5 of Old 05-03-2017, 12:32 AM

I have a Dyson and a Roomba and I love them both
post #6 of Old 05-03-2017, 06:42 AM

If you are cleaning commercially you should only buy uprights that have metal fan blades.Most of the blades in the vacs that are mentioned are plastic,not good.When you vac up a penny,a paper clip it chips the plastic blade and you will notice as the vacuum is suddenly much louder than it was.Your blade is chipped.The replacement of the blade is pricey at often not worth the cost.Trouble is it needs replaced.

Windsor vacs or sensors have metal blades they cost more but I have never in 20 years ever had to replace one,ever.Which translates to they were worth the extra money.

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #7 of Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profcleaning View Post
If you are cleaning commercially you should only buy uprights that have metal fan blades.Most of the blades in the vacs that are mentioned are plastic, not good.When you vac up a penny, a paper clip it chips the plastic blade and you will notice as the vacuum is suddenly much louder than it was.Your blade is chipped.The replacement of the blade is pricey at often not worth the cost.Trouble is it needs to be replaced.

Windsor vacs or sensors have metal blades they cost more but I have never in 20 years ever had to replace one, ever.Which translates to they were worth the extra money.
Hi Profcleaning,

This a great information you shared about the vacuum.

Thanks!
post #8 of Old 06-07-2017, 09:27 PM

The best upright vacuum I've used in recent years is the Carpet Pro CPU-2T. One has been going strong for over 3 years at a feed mill sucking up all manner of dirt, grit, salt and debris. Another has been used in an aluminum tool shop sucking up scraps of metal for 2 years without issue. The only problem with them is that they only come in the 12" size and they don't have an offset brush so getting into the corner is a little harder.

As Brad mentioned, the ProForce is a great vac as well, although I personally find them a bit top-heavy. The Carpet Pro is cheaper as well, just don't buy it from Amazon, their prices suck (pun intended!)
post #9 of Old 06-09-2017, 02:22 AM

Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertC2020 View Post
What is a good commercial vacuum cleaner?

Was looking at the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum.

What do you guys think?
Hello, @RobertC2020
post #10 of Old 06-12-2017, 02:37 AM

Hi, Am using Sunshinegutterspro company services. They have all type equipment.
post #11 of Old 06-12-2017, 03:58 AM

Carpet Cleaning NYC

Hi, Robert
Great!!
Thank you for the advice!

Thanks!

Professional carpet cleaning NYC services with special offers and discount.
http://topcarpetcarenyc.com/
post #12 of Old 06-14-2017, 01:16 AM

Sunshinegutterspro provide the service in USA, California. you must take service that company.
post #13 of Old 07-02-2017, 10:11 PM

Dyson is great.
post #14 of Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM

I think most cleaning pros have their own favorite vacuums. Me, I love Shark Rockets, because of the bright headlight. And they have great suction as well. However, they have their drawbacks. The Shark company uses cheap plastic parts made overseas. And if somehing breaks, it is expensive to replace those cheap plastic parts. It makes no sense to me why a good company should do this, but they do.

Orecks are great, too. But an upright cannot get into tight spaces like a wand vacuum can. They are also quite heavy and the bags are not cheap. I cannot explain this, but in some homes, the Oreck works better and in others, the Shark does.

I LOVE having the bright headlight! The first time I used it, in my own home, I was amazed and a bit shocked to see what was on my floors! Now, I absolutely depend on it to help me in my cleaning work in others homes. The head detaches and you can use various tools on it. It is like having a bright flashlight with you, and you can easily clean walls, high places, etc., with it. Recently I cleaned a home for the first time. In their bathroom, I quickly saw that the walls in the bathroom were just covered in dust bunnies! (Due to paper products such as tissues). In this case, I used my Swiffer mop to get it all down quickly. But if I hadnt had that bright light, I never would have seen what was truly there.
Annie
post #15 of Old 08-29-2017, 05:48 AM

There are hundreds of commercial vacuum cleaners available in the market. In most cases, commercial uprights will have two motors as opposed to the traditional one. When looking at an upright vacuum, we will find that the pump is right above its suction intake and the bag is on the handle.

Such vacuums are lightweight and quieter than the other models. Factors to be considered while buying a vac are :
1) its features
2) noise level
3) Accessories to increase the efficiency of vacuum cleaners
4) brush agitator and retractable rod
5) height adjustment facilities
6) self-propelled feature
7) filters and vacuum bags

There are much more factors you should consider. Please go through the following link https://www.vacuumsguide.com/detaile...eatures-guide/

When you choose for filters and vacuum bags, try to get replacement vacuum filters. In addition, it will be good if you consider the filters with HEPA technology. And ensure they meet OEM specifications. Thank you.
post #16 of Old 09-24-2017, 04:50 AM

I think dyson v8 is the best choice for you if you have a big expense.
If you are not sure you can view my review at: largereviews.com/best-vacuum-stairs

LargeReviews.com - Looking for the Best Vacuum For Pet Hair?
Top 10 best vacuum for pet hair - Large Reviews Consumer Reports has honest ratings and reviews on vacuum cleaners from the unbiased experts you can trust.
post #17 of Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM

Make sure it has metal fans or you are throwing money away.First paper clip or penny and the blades chip and break.

Ever wonder why your vacuum suddenly seems louder? chipped blades...

http://selz.co/1MugaHl
post #18 of Old 09-25-2017, 06:03 PM

That's a helpful tip. How do you check this?
post #19 of Old 02-10-2018, 11:59 AM

A good vacuum for me has to have changeable attachments such as a craving tool and dusting brush. Next, I look at the weight since I do not like heavy vacuums.

You can choose a corded or cordless vacuum depending on your needs. For an upright vacuum which is what you mentioned I would suggest the Shark Rotator TruePet. Its portable and good for if you have allergies.
post #20 of Old 02-10-2018, 05:10 PM

I love Sharks. Mineboth have LED headlights which have made my work much, much easier. These lights are so bright I can truly see stuff I missed in the past. I prefer the wand types, as they can move easily into smaller places. They are light weight, too. The models with headlights come with a variety of useful tools.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode