What shoes do you wear? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-08-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

What shoes do you wear?

I have been on a mad hunt for the best shoes to wear when you're on your feet all day doing what we do.

I have been wearing Chaco's sandals since it's getting a little nicer in Portland now that it's spring. They have incredible arch support and have a stiff sole that keeps my foot in place well. I've been looking into other shoes for when it's raining or colder outside, but am not having very much luck. Most arch support shoes are either for people in the medical field or are RIDICULOUSLY ugly.

I don't wear the traditional house cleaner uniform. I usually just wear yoga pants/leggings and a t-shirt with Chaco's. Tennis shoes just don't seem to cut it as far as support goes.

Any suggestions that you guys have would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-11-2014, 03:54 AM

post #3 of Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Shoes

Nike is the most preferred brand for me.........I wear Nike Sports Shoes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Location: White Lake, MI (hometown: Bronx, NYC...adopted hometown: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL)
Typically, my preferred brand of sneakers: Asics. Best fit I've found in a sneaker with my bad feet. I do add inserts, too. Some people don't like shoes in the house in general, so 90% of the time I will switch out to ballet slippers (or flip-flops in hot weather). I'm a solo independent cleaner that only does residential so things are more flexible for me (as far as the flip-flops go...I'm still a FL girl at heart, what can I say?).
post #5 of Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM

there is no specific brand for me and I love to experiment with good quality shoe from top brand. I prefer not to wear cheaper brand of shoes as I do not feel comfortable in those.

Organic Milk in Bangalore Organic milk in Bangalore, milk Property Tax Monitoring & Reporting Service | Accumatch is providing Property Tax Tracking and report service for property. Web Design Hyderabad, Web designing Companies in Hyderabad for any kind of web design. Website design company in Hyderabad for website design service in Hyderabad.
post #6 of Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 PM

Merrells, the only kind I wear
post #7 of Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 PM

I wear my sneakers, and I made sure they are always clean, top and bottom.

Easy Clean Toronto - Your Cleaning Services Toronto | Google+ | Book Online
post #8 of Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 AM

I have no specific choice to wear. i can wear any brand.
post #9 of Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 PM

Nike with those Dr. Shoells inserts for my non existent arch, LOL

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #10 of Old 05-14-2014, 07:43 PM

Nike, Nike, Nike Everyone I know loves nike. They are comfy! and stylish
post #11 of Old 05-22-2014, 06:29 AM

I don't have any particular brand. Which ever looks good and feels good i choose it.
post #12 of Old 05-22-2014, 05:08 PM

Red Wing shoes are the best. Many professionals on their feet all day wear these. Especially nurses, doctors, bus drivers..... check 'em out.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning
post #13 of Old 06-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Since 1998 the general rule has always been..... no shoes in any house. Take your shoes off at the door. Now the exception is that you can walk up to the door, take your shoes off then put on a pair of shoes that is only used for working inside of customer's houses. Then when you are finished take your work shoes off before you go outside.

Hundreds of times when I would go on bids it really impressed people when I took my shoes off before I entered their house. That got me off on the right foot so to speak (no pun intended) and from there I usually got the account.

My question is this.... how do you clean a shower with shoes on?
post #14 of Old 06-12-2014, 11:22 AM

No offense intended but working in the house with socks on transfers oils from your feet/socks to the carpet and is not a good idea. Best solution is to wear house shoes and take off your street shoes. House shoes could be slippers or Red Wing Shoes. Doesn't really matter as long as they are clean indoor only shoes. This is much more sanitary than socks and is better for carpets.

Matt
Smith Brothers
post #15 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 PM

While I was trained as a professional carpet cleaner and what you stated was told to me in training I find that to not be true at all (just like most things I was told by the IICRC). In our personal home we have very WHITE carpet and have never worn shoes (socks only) in our house for 3 1/2 years. The carpet is still as white as it was the day they laid it. I'll see if I can get a picture or 3 uploaded to prove it.

Now if a person went around with dirty feet or dirty socks that would be a different story which is actually not related to the body oil theory at all.

And in today's world 95% of the people have animals that bring in stuff on their feet along with the oil from their body so that blows that theory for the IICRC.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 06-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.
post #16 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:21 PM

I like that! I say tomaato you say tomato. Either way. It is actually a nice selling tool to let customers know that I put on house shoes and don't bring my feet oils onto their carpet. Also, it is better for my feet!!!!
post #17 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM

Heavily walked hallway to get to washer and dryer..... looking good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by sprintcar93; 06-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.
post #18 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM

In front of the couch where most carpets are usually the dirtiest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.1 KB, 3 views)
post #19 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:32 PM

In front of my favorite chair where today I am actually sitting with bare feet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.1 KB, 5 views)
post #20 of Old 06-12-2014, 12:36 PM

While it is a great selling point, I can usually back up what I say if it is different than what others say. I was going for the truth, not a selling point. A selling point is anything that will get me more money!

I hope I'm still on your Christmas card list!

Tags
professional attire , shoes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode