What would you do??? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

What would you do???

What would you do if you was in this position:

Say you want to start your business ( doing floors ) and you tell your boss you want to do allhis floors, sub contract and he says sure and he tells you to give him a bid. ( its for 2 car dealerships and with in the dealerships theres other lots that has offices and floor work.) theres over 60,000 sq ft combined.

since you guys are good to each other would you go by sq footage or just do a package deal to do all floors and give a good price since he letting you bid?

also he knows you can also do windows and steam clean chairs.

would you think if i was to stay ill do all the floors for both dealerships plus do windows and chairs for 3,000 a month? you think thats to high or to low??

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 PM

How long do you estimate it will take to do this work each month?
post #3 of Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Well im going to have my friend help me a few times. The way im going to organize it, is were each month ill have each dealer to be done. Plus windows. Its hard to explain cause theres alot of work to be done.

But what u think of the price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM

It is all down to how long it takes for you to complete all those tasks, 3K is not a bad price and you have to consider that is going to be a good publicity to your cleaning company.

Most of time when starting a new business we need to "lower our pants" in order for the business to take off.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #5 of Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Yea I deffitnely want it. Its my boss that im biding it from. There not organize. I know if I get it I can put a scheduale were each month windows and floors will get done. I was just worried about the price. I think its a good deal, 3k for floors windows and chairs. Floors alone is over 60,000 sq ft. but we will see what he says when I put the paposal together.

Total Clean and Sprintcar you guys have a good idea of writing the propasol to make it show he getting a deal. He has his own famly janitoral service so he knows what to expect. But they are alot older and im taking alot off there hands that they dont have to worry about.
post #6 of Old 05-17-2011, 09:48 AM
J4K

Hard to say if 3K is a good price or not. You really are not giving us enough detail to know if that is good or not. "I think its a good deal, 3k for floors windows and chairs" What are you doing to the floors? How many windows are there? How many chairs? With more information someone may be able to give you a better idea if that is a fair price.
post #7 of Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM

There is no way possible to know if it's a good price. I'm guessing you have no idea how many man hours it will take and that will be your 1st mistake on this or any other bid. The 1st thing you need to do is sit down and figure out how many man hours it will take to complete this job each month. If you are not familiar what a man hour is then ask and myself or someone else explain. This is why 98% of the people quickly go out of business. Speaking of being organized.... this is YOUR first step to be more organized than your current boss.
post #8 of Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

I understand what you guys are saying, it is my first time biding on a job and besides it being my first its my boss im dealing with and also its 2 major dealerships in Florida. so for it being my first it can be good thats why i hear pple out and see what every one says.

to brake it down

one dealership has 3 other dealers. its called Gunther volkswagon, Pre own, Mazda, and a service area

thats the same layout to the other dealership, they are own by the same famly.

the way im braking it down is section by section, for example in one week i can get each dealership done.... i did all that myself working for him, by myself. but i got 2 other pple who will work with me on the big job wich is tile and grout work.

they have tile, and basic comercial tile in the machanic lunchrooms. there not big places just all spred out. ..

man hours im not really go by it much only wen i bring in my 2 friends to help with the tile and grout. cause i can handle everything myself. and im starting this on my own and plus since he my boss im giving him a deal cause its my first account you know.

i dont kno if you guys understand how im doing it. but thats basicly how im doing it,

windows i havent counted i just threw it in to see if he wants me handling it., theres about 200 windows lil more including inside the offices, but im mainlingdoing outside windows for the showrooms, he has other cleaners who do office cleaning and they wipethe office windows down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode