What are your top 5 must-have cleaning products? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Smile What are your top 5 must-have cleaning products?

What are your favorite cleaning products? What works best for you?
Please share. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion, and maybe pick up some tips

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 AM

According to me the vacuum cleaner is the most effective tool. It is in every home and very helpful for cleaning dust and something else within a second. It is the most general tool and I have also one in my home.
post #3 of Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 AM

cloth. can't do anything without a good cloth, and a microfibre one is what we use as they last forever and make cleaning a breeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM

also a good smelling natural product. when you enter a home and it smells clean, even if it's not 100% you'll think it is and be a much happier chappy
post #5 of Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM

there are lot of products used and must have...cannot say a optional one because most of them are good and useful...
post #6 of Old 11-21-2012, 02:33 PM

lysol toilet bowl cleaner, i really like the shape of the bottle.

also mr clean magic erasers for wall cleaning, especially if they have kids
post #7 of Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 AM

Well with coming up of many new products, it sometimes becomes difficult to choose the best suitable item for the purpose. Some items that can never be left behind when going to work are:
1. Sufficient number of useless cloth material
2. A few battery powered torches
3. Set of thin sticks
4. Handy vacuum cleaner
5. A solution of whichever suitable brand for cleaning that leaves a shine behind.
I hope this is the priority list for most of us.
post #8 of Old 08-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Mr clean sponges. They are amazing but dont last long and are expensive. They work on everything though.
The Works toilet bowl cleaner (dollar stores) is excellant if you have a serious buildup in the toilet
The Work shower cleaner is excellant for serious hard water and soap scum buildup but smells icky.
For windows and mirrors 1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water, and 1 tablespoon vinegar can't be beat
For smelling great the frebreeze floor cleaners are wonderful not to be confused with the gain brand of floor cleaners in the same type bottles that stink. They smell like you spilled laundry soap on your floor and let it sit.
For showers that aren't all that dirty I use pinesol just because I like the smell but they don't work that well on seriously dirty tile
post #9 of Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM

There are lots of cleaning products available in the market place. One of the most popular cleaning products is vinegar. It helps you in many ways to keep your home clean.

promotional drinks - http://www.coolerwater.co.uk/
post #10 of Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 AM

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (that thing works on just about anything, just be careful as it can scratch certain surfaces)
  • Microfiber Cloths
  • Mr. Clean Floor Cleaner w/ Febreeze (works well, great scents)
  • Stainless steel cleaner

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]
post #11 of Old 08-14-2013, 09:37 AM
J4K

Vinegar and Peroxide cleaner are my top 2.
post #12 of Old 10-23-2013, 11:23 AM

Dont go anywhere without a spare cloth or two, and i love Astonish* for difficult marks.
post #13 of Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM

Vinegar
Alcohol
Hydrogen peroxide
Baking soda
lemon oil
tea tree oil
magic erasers

These are the cleaning solutions I always have on me for residential cleaning.
post #14 of Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM

All Time Top Five Cleaning Products
#1 Electrolux Canister Vacuum- This thing has saved my back. I used to use other people's cleaning products, but found most people in Portland (being the hippie's that we all are) only have straw brooms which are HORRIBLE to clean a house full of wood floors as they are completely inefficient and leave my back and hands screaming in pain. I'd say that Miele is also an awesome brand, but they tend to be a lot spendier.

#2 Spray mop- Just like the vacuum, this has saved my back. It now seems like such a chore to think about filling a bucket of water and pushing it around with a used mop sponge. Even if they're washable, they're still holding in dirt and dirty water. I use the Rubbermaid spray mop because I concoct my own solution (vinegar, water, peroxide, alcohol, splash of ecover dish soap, essential oils of peppermint and maleluca).

#3 Bon Ami- I found this was the only thing that could lift the grime off of ANY bathtub without the use of chemicals. It works well with scrub brushes. I find that you need to make sure to wet your scrub brush periodically as it will build up into a paste and dry out and not be very helpful. A little water is key!

#4 Essential Oils- High grade essential oils are great for a lot of things. They make the house smell good, they kill bacteria, and certain EO's (peppermint) can actually keep mice and ants away. I usually use a mixture of peppermint and maleluca. Sometimes I'll also add in some lemon for the fresh scent.

#5 Microfiber cloths- I bought a pack of 4 different cloths from target mostly for cleaning windows. They're awesome because they have little tags that say what the specific cloth is good for, and they work SO well. One of the cloths works really well at lifting set in dirt off of places like molding, doors, cabinets, etc. And there are two for dusting furniture so the dust doesn't fly in the air. Perfect!
post #15 of Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 AM

Bio Loo for toilet cleaning, Bio clean for surface and removing stickiness, room freshener and washing machine for washing the cloths
post #16 of Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM

I found the Works toilet cleaner not effective for me... I even let it sit for a while too
post #17 of Old 03-13-2014, 07:06 PM

Location: White Lake, MI (hometown: Bronx, NYC...adopted hometown: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL)
If you held a gun to my head then...

1) A lightweight upright vacuum (10lbs.-ish) with onboard attachments. Anything else makes me too tired to pull and push. What a difference a lightweight makes.

2) Microfiber towels.

3) Whink Rust Remover (better than The Works).

4) Barkeepers Friend.

5) Magic Erasers (extra strength kind).

Honorable mentions: Dish soap, razorblade in holder, toothbrush, a large, angled, soft-bristled tire/wheel brush (for tile), Mr. Clean Citrus w/ Febreze (very versatile), Mrs. Meyers All-Purpose in Basil Scent (cleans surprisingly well, but will leave a film if too concentrated).

Last edited by lunamartinmi; 03-13-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: additional clarification
post #18 of Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 PM

oh i definitely agree w/ you about a razor blade and toothbrush! great honorable mentions!
post #19 of Old 03-17-2014, 01:25 PM

A vacuum cleaner is one of the most essential product as it helps clean every thing and anything in the house.It helps one free the whole house from dust within minutes.Other important cleaning agents could be a microfiber cloth along with Mr.Clean and other floor cleaners.A bowl of vinegar,baking soda and liquid soap are very useful natural products to keep the dirt away.
post #20 of Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 AM

These are five product for cleaning
Clorox Germicidal Bleach

Johnson’s Windex Glass Cleaner

Soft Scrub Cleanser

Scotch-Brite Non-scratch Scrub Sponge

Mr. Clean Multi-Surfaces Antibacterial Liqui

Last edited by manmohanbkd; 09-17-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode