Why did you become a Cleaner? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Christina

post #1 of Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Why did you become a Cleaner?

Hi, I'm very new here, doing research for our blog. My office manager gave me the quest of finding the different reasons people become Professional Cleaners, I've had no luck just google-ing it, so I thought I would join here and ask people why they became cleaners. I personally just like to clean, I can't help it, I just like things nice and neat and clean, I like to think of it as helping people who don't like to, or don't have time to or just physically can't do it. Luckily most of our clients totally appreciate it. So that's all, just kind of a poll for a blog
thank you for your time
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 PM

Hey Christina, I become a cleaner because my dad owned a janitorial company from before I was born until he retired. I've tried other jobs and businesses but nothing has been as good to me or consistent as cleaning, especially commercial cleaning.
post #3 of Old 06-08-2017, 05:11 PM

It tends to be a more consistent occupation, the work isn't hard on you physically, and every job is unique
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-09-2017, 01:30 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
Hi, I'm very new here, doing research for our blog. My office manager gave me the quest of finding the different reasons people become Professional Cleaners, I've had no luck just google-ing it, so I thought I would join here and ask people why they became cleaners. I personally just like to clean, I can't help it, I just like things nice and neat and clean, I like to think of it as helping people who don't like to, or don't have time to or just physically can't do it. Luckily most of our clients totally appreciate it. So that's all, just kind of a poll for a blog
thank you for your time
Hi, @Christina
post #5 of Old 06-12-2017, 01:55 AM

I work with Mr. Homecare, and what brought me here was that ever since I was a child, I always required my room to be clean. The slightest stain on my wall would send me into a frenzy. As time passed by, I realized that I really love doing what I do. This is what drove me to take it up as a part of my career. To help people satisfy their urge to have a clean house the way I satisfied mine. It is also worth noting that I believe that we get as we give. So deep down I hope that delivering clean homes to customers will also keep me motivated to have my home clean at all times as well.
post #6 of Old 06-14-2017, 12:25 AM

Am also cleaning itself, but i know about a company Sunshinegutterspro contact this and find best cleaners.
post #7 of Old 07-09-2017, 04:00 PM

I went into cleaning for an interesting reason. I am actually a Registered Nurse, and worked in that field for 30 years. Then, my health went downhill, and I ended up on Disability...back in 2006. When I finally got healthier again, and I looked around my own home and saw how grubby it had gotten, since I could not clean it. I used cleaning as a form of physical and mental therapy, and I was not very good at it at first. But over time, I figured out how to do things properly and discovered (to my surprise!) that I actually LIKED cleaning. And that is when I started my business. Cleaning is a physical job, just as Nursing is. It helps keep me fit and healthy, plus I earn enough money to live a lot more easily.
Annie
post #8 of Old 08-03-2017, 01:42 AM

Yup! Money makes life easier!
post #9 of Old 08-24-2017, 05:34 AM

My uncle does cleaning
post #10 of Old 08-25-2017, 09:34 AM

To make money. Though to be precise I didn't become a cleaner, I started a cleaning business. Being a cleaner can only make you so much money. Starting a cleaning business can mean a good income for yourself and stable, well paying employment for your cleaning staff.
post #11 of Old 08-25-2017, 05:15 PM

As a side note, I really LIKE cleaning. It gives me great satisfaction to do a job well, and see and smell the clean results.
post #12 of Old 08-31-2017, 12:26 AM

Welcome to this forum.Having a cleaning trade can be quite pleasing, might be costly, but sometimes itís the only solution if you want perfect results. For any entrepreneurs or owners, hiring a professional janitorial service to handle the cleaning needs of your business that will ensure things are done in the right manner. They are able to clean any type of room or item, and this will leave your building looking great. To learn more about the benefits of a cleaning services commercial company, check out the following links:

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #13 of Old 09-05-2017, 04:42 PM

I become a cleaner because it's my passion! I started my cleaning service in New York 5 years ago, on my own. And now I have 10 employees, and I clean 60 m$ apartments.
post #14 of Old 09-05-2017, 05:19 PM

My goal is NOT to have employees. I want to ensure that the work is done to my standards, and do not want to deal with employees who may not be as motivated as I am. That is just me, and everyone is different.

I cater to people who have pets, especially cats, since I an a "Cat Person" all the way. Cat owners worry about the house cleaner who doesnt like pets, who is upset about kitty litter, cat throw up, etc etc. I publicize my liking for all animals, and especially cats.Over time, nearly ALL my customers have pets, and most of them have cats. There is a good business in this, but you have to truly LIKE being around people's pets. You cannot fake this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode