Why maximum professional cleaners use chemical products for cleaning? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Why maximum professional cleaners use chemical products for cleaning?

Discussion about "Many of the professional cleaners are used chemical products for cleaning" Everyone know about that toxic cleaning products affects our health but still why most of the people choose toxic products.
momentum likes this.

Professional carpet cleaning philadelphia services with special offers and discount.
http://carpetcleaningsphiladelphia.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-21-2017, 02:47 AM

Hi, I agree with you a lot of companies use chemical products or hazardous materials while cleaning, although they know they are harmful but still they use it. So it is very essential for customers before hiring any professional cleaners they should know are professionals are organic cleaners or not? Nowadays, every janitorial service firm is going green, which means instead of using harmful chemicals, they are using green chemicals for cleaning. Green cleaning of your workplace is safe because green chemicals, unlike conventional chemicals, are not harmful for your health.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #3 of Old 04-22-2017, 07:22 AM

I would like to know how you KNOW a particular product is safe and not harmful. I dont know about you, but I do NOT trust our government to give us correct information all the time.

I use products made by companies who advertise and make it their slogan that their products are safe. And of course, there is good old vinegar.

So, tell me: how do you KNOW your cleaning products are truly safe?????
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-24-2017, 02:33 AM

Most of professionals cleaners use chemical products for cleaning because they give instant result. But sometime chemical products leaves very bad effect. So we use organic cleaning products to protect our health as well as environment.
post #5 of Old 04-24-2017, 05:08 AM

We should always use organic cleaning solution to clean the carpets, rug and upholsters. Organic cleaning products not only save you from skin issue but also protect our environment.
post #6 of Old 04-24-2017, 06:54 AM

There are many dishonest companies who are cashing in on the "organic" craze. They SAY their products are safe and really, they are NOT.
I think this is something you guys should consider.
Annie
post #7 of Old 05-22-2017, 12:34 AM

Well, at present time most of the professional cleaners are used chemical products for cleaning because they want perfect cleaning and instant result. So it can be easily done with the help of cleaning chemicals. The use of cleaning chemicals is not harmful if they are good quality product.
post #8 of Old 05-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Please do read the labels on your bottles closely. Many chemicals are not safe to mix together and really cause you physical harm. I have a client who can no longer clean her home because a few years ago she mixed ammonia with bleach. This caused severe fumes which actually damaged her lungs. And do NOT just blindly trust the labels. Do your research ! Use products you have done that with and feel safe using them. Dont just read ONE web article about any chemical - read several, because the internet is chock full of nonsense, lies and misleading information.
Annie
post #9 of Old 05-28-2017, 01:44 AM

Not all but many of the companies use toxic products for cleaning procedure, although they know that these products are harmful for the health. But I know the few cleaning companies which use non-toxic cleaning stuff, "Liverpool Dubai" is one of them.
post #10 of Old 05-28-2017, 01:24 PM

Generally professional cleaners use toxic cleaning products for cleaning because they give immediate effect. But sometime chemical products leave very bad effect. So one should use organic cleaning products to protect our health as well as environment.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #11 of Old 05-28-2017, 05:13 PM

I'll ask again. How do you guys KNOW a product is really safe and "organic"???? Is there somewhere you trust that tells you the truth???
Annie
post #12 of Old 05-30-2017, 02:31 PM

Yes, most of the cleaners company are using chemical products for cleaning. There is no way to clean without chemical but few company is using the harmful chemical that affects our health. But we can't say all of them are using the harmful chemical.
post #13 of Old 06-15-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz_89 View Post
Yes, most of the cleaners company are using chemical products for cleaning. There is no way to clean without chemical but few company is using the harmful chemical that affects our health. But we can't say all of them are using the harmful chemical.
Yes, fortunately, there are companies that make eco-friendly products that don't come with a toxic right hook.
post #14 of Old 06-16-2017, 01:10 AM

I agree, using harmful products is wrong, and at Mr. Homecare we do ensure that our products are safe for our clients.

However, to say all chemically manufactured products (technically all products are chemicals) are harmful is questioning science a bit too far. Most of us here are lay-people and for us to determine the safety of a product is a little tricky. The best we can do is trust the regulations set by the people looking out for us. Even if we do not trust the government, we can always trust the science community. This is what I firmly believe.
post #15 of Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 AM

I agree. The problem that I have is how do you know WHO to believe? Chemists CAN be "bought" by companies wanting to promote their products. The US government cannot always be trusted top give you the most accurate information, but it is somewhere to start.

I stopped using bleach products a while back. I only use them now if a home has mold issues. I switched to using a hydrogen peroxide bleach, and it works just fine and supposedly IS safe.
post #16 of Old 06-20-2017, 01:56 PM

I always try to inform my customers about the cleaning products choices they have. My first recommendation is for green cleaning products.

Regarding who you can trust to tell the truth about the ingredients found in a cleaning product, just trust your gut.

Surely, you might make mistakes, but, at least you have a very high chance of making correct decisions too. Keep yourself educated and read about those ingredients if it matters so much to you. Update your choices once you get better information or find a better or similar, but cheaper green cleaning product.
That is how I do it. It might not be the best cleaning strategy, but it doesn't keep me frozen with indecision, unable to make choices. It worked good so far.
post #17 of Old 06-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Hi Ana,
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I do the same thing. I dont have the time to spend hours on the internet researching products - and I wouldnt trust what I read, anyway! I have stopped using regular bleach, and switched to H2O2 products - they ARE safe and do the same job. It is important to me that any product I use smell good. So, if I try something and the smell bothers me - OUT it goes! My customers seem to feel the same way, since many comment how on how nice their homes smell when I leave.

One problem I have had with certain products is that they can leave a dull film on counters, etc. If that happens, I try diluting it further. If it still does this, I toss the product. Trial and error has given me a set of decent products. And I do think they are safe - maybe not the cheapest out there, but I do worry about MY health, AND my customers. Many of my customers have pets - mostly cats, because I love cats and people tend to hire me just because of this. I do not want to use any product that could hurt animals - or children.
Annie, sweating it out in Florida
post #18 of Old 06-25-2017, 04:57 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conall Smith View Post
The use of cleaning chemicals is not harmful if they are good quality product.
What??? I think I am understanding you saying that if chemicals clean good then they are not bad for your health? If that's what you said, then you are horribly and incredibly mistaken.

Formaldehyde is in more store-bought cleaning products than you can even imagine. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen, which means it can cause cancer. The products usually clean pretty good, but are very, very bad for you!

Learn how to get green products for safer and healthier, yet powerful cleaning HERE.

Heather Fuller~Infinite Legacy Solutions
Education, Action, Support

post #19 of Old 06-26-2017, 11:51 AM

I agree many actions which appear to be harmless actually involve the use of harmful chemicals. We use natural cleaning solutions made using vinegar, essential oil, lemon etc. Now you know how to make sure to keep home clean and also safe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lemon-Oil.jpg (90.5 KB, 7 views)
post #20 of Old 07-31-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicheather265 View Post
What??? I think I am understanding you saying that if chemicals clean good then they are not bad for your health? If that's what you said, then you are horribly and incredibly mistaken.

Formaldehyde is in more store-bought cleaning products than you can even imagine. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen, which means it can cause cancer. The products usually clean pretty good, but are very, very bad for you!

Learn how to get green products for safer and healthier, yet powerful cleaning

I have to agree with this statement.

Maidsway Austin Cleaning Services. Offers cleaning solutions for home maintenance and home cleaning in Austin, Texas. We offer Austin House Cleaning Services and Austin Maid Services.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode