Windsor VS14, two lights on. ?? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-08-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Windsor VS14, two lights on. ??

Both the green "brush ok" and the yellow "check brush" lights on my Windsor VS14 are on most of the time. The brush turns with enough power that I'd hate for it to rub across my hand, and the vac has good suction. I noticed that when the handle is in the upright position and I push the handle forward, putting pressure on the brush against a virtually nap-less rug, the "check brush" light goes off. Also, sometimes when I turn the vac on, only the green light is lit up for a while. If I recall, the yellow light used to come on when I was vac'ing a medium napped rug (probably on number 2 brush height) and then ran the vac out over a bare floor. I reasoned then that the vac was "not working hard enough" and would tell me I needed to lower the brush or get back onto a rug. Does what I am experiencing seem to indicate that the brush is warn down and needs replacing? Thanks. john

Last edited by jklingel; 04-08-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: New information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-12-2019, 03:33 PM

John,

Brush Controller The electronic brush controller monitors the operation of the brush.Green light: Brush correctly set and running.Green light and red: Adjust the brush setting byturning the pile adjustment knob (19) to a lower number.Red blinking light: The brush has become blocked and is not turning. Switch off. Unplug from the outlet and clear the blockage.
Below is a link to the manual including troubleshooting guide--if you don't have one.

Brad BD janitorial
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...page=16#manual
post #3 of Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Brad: many thanks for the reply. Yes, I read the manual, but it does not say anything about both lights being on and being in position 1, which you can't lower. So, as I recall, when I would vacuum a rug and push past it, onto a bare floor, the amber/yellow light would come on. I think, therefor, that the bristles are too short and the brush spins too easilty, turning on the amber light. I will know in a day or two, when the new strip arrives. Have a good one! john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-18-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

fixed

the new bristle strip did it. machine runs like a top now, and i can again feel it pulling me along the rug. cheers. j

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode