Winter Cleaning Tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Winter Cleaning Tips

With the cold season just around the corner it is time to prepare the house and commercial buildings ready for the winter months. With that in mind I'd like to start a thread where everybody post one or more winter cleaning tips.

I'll start with these ones:

- Get your carpets professionally cleaned. Think of all the sand and grass clippings that have been walked in on your flip-flops this summer.
- Clean your windows, inside and out, including in between the sills.
- Cleaning your house from top to bottom, focusing on public rooms such as the living room, family room, hallway and bathroom.
- Get out the vacuum. Vacuum the drapes, window treatments, baseboards and in the corners. Move furniture and vacuum beneath and behind it. Vacuum upholstered furniture, or have it professionally cleaned if necessary.

Lets hear yours now!

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 AM

I think I don't have anything else to add.
Well, may be just one thing - clean your chimneys and fireplaces, because when winter comes, you won't be able to do it.

I love cleaning and gardening!
post #3 of Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 AM

Winter's the time you may want to consider the laundry of your delicate clothes. There are most chances of fungus forming especially on dark and black coloured clothes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-09-2011, 08:10 AM

Hi..
Winter is a perfect time to get clean our houses and in the winter we use woolens and woolens get highly attracted by germs..so its too important the cleaning in winters so that we can be safe from diseases,,
thanks for sharing tips...
post #5 of Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 AM

The number one method to keep cloth furniture clean is prevention. Avoid having dirty or potentially have leather couches in the family room and the nicer cloth furniture in the living room. That being said here are a few things to do the keep and clean cloth upholstery.
post #6 of Old 08-31-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Hi..
Winter is a perfect time to get clean our houses and in the winter we use woolens and woolens get highly attracted by germs..so its too important the cleaning in winters so that we can be safe from diseases,,
thanks for sharing tips...

Its really true that winter is a perfect time to clean our house because the advantages of a home washing in cold climate will decrease your time and effort next springtime and enhance the overall wellness of your household members.
post #7 of Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM

thank you for the tip
post #8 of Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM

Great sharing.
Thanks for sharing this.
post #9 of Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Thanks for sharing this awesome winter cleaning tips. It is really awesome and nice with people can clean their home in winter season easily without doing any more job work. I really appreciate your work at here.
post #10 of Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM

Here are few of our favorite winter cleaning tips:

-Always have ice melt on hand in advance of an upcoming winter storm.
-The winter months are much darker, which calls for additional lighting. Ensure all entryways are well lit throughout the day, instead of just turning them on during night time hours.
-Keep your eye out for ice build-up around outdoor water sources like gutters and downspouts. Ice patches are common in these regions.
-Make sure you have a mat system in place for the winter months to keep walkways throughout your home clean and dry.
post #11 of Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Your winter cleaning tips are something advance with which any one can easily clean and clear his home in winter season. Some topic you highlighted are really nice and very effective while cleaning home in winter.
post #12 of Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM

If you guys are interested in buying a great steam mop you can get 20% off with the H2O Mop X5 wishlist discount. The discount also applies to the H2O Mop X5 accessories. I run my office out of my house ( we built an attachment ) and I frequently steam clean the carpets, curtains , my kitchen floors with the x5 mop. 20% is a great discount and its on until December 3rd.

facebook.com/thanedirectnorthamerica/app_128953167177144
post #13 of Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM

cleaning with vinegar

what type of flooring can you clean with vinegar...well diluted vinegar. can you clean laminate flooring? I have a steam mop from thane direct and its very versatile but can i use vinegar and steam on laminate flooring?
post #14 of Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 AM

Be careful when using the steam mop to clean hard flooring because it may damage it. Christmas is coming and as we have to do a lot of cleaning, check how to make it fun at least. By the way, vinegar helps when it comes to hard floor clean up.
post #15 of Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 AM

When the winter comes it seems that we pay more attention because This season is actually more about organization and preparedness than cleaning. Considered some fact like make your proper cleaning schedule, Discard any expired food in the pantry, leave your shoes in a nice and warm place.

Bench seating Components

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode