Working behind a contractor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By FCPWLLC

post #1 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Working behind a contractor

Hey guys (and gals!) I was wondering if any cleaning companies work behind a contractor. I don't mean cleaning new construction, but coming in behind a specialty contractor to tidy up the area when we are done.

I have been toying with the idea to add the cost into a bid, and have a professional cleaning company come in behind us, and make the house shine. This would probably only be viable on large, whole house jobs, or major portions of a home being done.

Has anybody done or been approached to do something like this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:32 PM

Wouldn't that look like your going to leave a mess? Maybe I'm wrong but I think that would look bad on an estimate.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #3 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

I never really looked at it that way. Just thought it would be nice to have someone come in, clean the mirrors, mop the floors, vacuum, fluff drapes, etc. We always work clean, but I guarantee you that when painters leave, most homeowners (wives) come in and scrub the place.

I wouldn't really advertise it, or make a point of it being on a bid. It would be more like just telling them, we will be done Thursday, and Friday morning for 2-3 hours our cleaning crew comes in and wraps it all up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:39 PM

I think it is a great add-on service and will set you apart from competition.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:43 PM

I would do some tests by getting a good cleaner on board who will give you a good price for consistent work and bundle it into your bid. So, it just comes with the paint job.

Then if someone didn't want it you could give them a discount. Then it would make you stand out.

Nathan

post #6 of Old 08-18-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Good idea. I don't think it would be hard sneaking a couple hundred bucks into a 5K + job. My sister-in-law cleans houses part time. I've been thinking I might work a deal with her.
post #7 of Old 08-19-2006, 06:13 AM

It's a great Idea. Our cleaning services does clean-ups for a couple of re-modelers and we certainly have a deal worked out. Half of thase turn into re-occurring cleanings because Denise and her Girls do a great job and end up showing these clients how nice it is to come home to an already clean home. It's good for the remodeler that doesn't want his High grossing craftsmen stuck cleaning up drywall dust and can have them on the next job making him money. And it is a good intro for the cleaning service to a new potential client.

Haven't cleaned for any painters but thats only because Painters in this area and I just don't see eye to eye. (Pressure Washing)
Home123 likes this.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #8 of Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Haven't cleaned for any painters but thats only because Painters in this area and I just don't see eye to eye. (Pressure Washing)
You mean you don't see eye to eye because you are competitors or because you do things differently?

Nathan

post #9 of Old 08-22-2006, 06:18 AM

Nathan,

Both. I generally can clean a vinyl home in a 1/4 of the time that it takes the painters to do it. Great Painters that can write books about proper techniques etc.. about painting. But most have no clue about Pressure Washing. Most only carry a cheap low end Washer since they don't do it often. However they will still bid on a non-painting Pressure Washing job. I hear alot of the time after following up on a bid that the customer went with a Painter for one of two reasons. a) Lowest bid because they don't know the market. b) The Painter "threw" the exterior cleaning in for free to secure the interior painting. Most feel that there is no Value in Pressure Cleaning but rather a needed evil. They also do not want to bring in a Pro to do it because they think that it will subtract from the customers budget and not leave room for the painting. There have been times when I get a bid for an exterior cleaning and the customer states that before the clean they had plannned on a repaint but the cleaning revealed that it just needed to be cleaned.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #10 of Old 08-22-2006, 07:00 AM

I think some painters (in general) tend to take it personally when a contract cleaner says something about not liking a particular painter or painters in their area. I don't care for most of them in mine either simply because their idea of a house wash usually means just rinsing and blowing off the house. It's not an 'apples to apples' comparison and the painter knows he/she needs to rinse it anyway before they paint, so they throw it in the price. It doesn't usually involve all the steps that we go through to clean an exterior of a home. The customer doesn't usually know the difference between a 'paint prep' house wash and 'regular maintenance' house wash, therefore the cleaning contractor ends up looking like his/her prices are high.

We take our work personally sometimes too.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #11 of Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 AM

As an (honest) painter I have to say I tend to agree. While there are some painters who have their act together I can tell you most don't and I've learned a ton from reading the posts on this site.

Nathan

post #12 of Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 PM

We have paired with several different contractors during our 20+ years in the cleaning business to clean the job site upon completion of their work. Customers loved the added service and gave rave reviews (ie: referrals). Therefore I would venture to say that it is a great value added service
post #13 of Old 08-02-2019, 01:50 AM

@Peterson congratulations about your services.

Last edited by pressurewashing; 08-02-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode