Best Marketing techninques - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Best Marketing techninques

Hello Everyone,
I just joined this forum and would like to learn and get lots of advice. I just started my biz and I am still in the beginning marketing phase. I am starting off with residential cleaning and maybe small office cleaning.
I have a tight budget.. ( lots of personal bills and 4 kiddos)so I would like advice on how to market my biz effectively.

My marketing has been the following:
1. I just got listed on Bing, Yahoo Local and Google ( I am still waiting on confirmation letter to activate it).
2. I have my website and I am working hard at SEO
3. I just signed up with Service Magic. I have gotten leads from them( no conversions yet). I am very diligent at returning the calls almost immediately, but I hardly get to speak with the potential clients. If anyone has had success with SM please give me the right tips on converting leads to clients.
4. I have placed on CL and Backpage, OLX, Ebay classifieds every day.
5. I have also join Angie's list and Yelp

So I would appreciate a lot of advice from ALL of you seasonded pros. As a morale and confidence booster, I have written myself a $250,000 check, that I intend on cashing in Dec 2012

Optimisim is the faith that leads to acheivement nothing can be done without hope and confidence... Helen Keller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Go to some of the wealthier neighbor hoods in your area and place door hanger advertisement on the door handles, place some fliers in the grocery stores, place fliers at some of golf clubs also. run a few ads in the paper.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #3 of Old 05-23-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly hit the various golf clubs around my area. With regards to the door to door hanger, do you still think that is effective ??

Optimisim is the faith that leads to acheivement nothing can be done without hope and confidence... Helen Keller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM

definitely effective, makes them think about it and they know your local. plus its right there in there hands with your name on it. just don't open and put them in there mail boxes, its illegal. but on the door is good, you can even do just the flier if money is tight.
years ago when we did residential I also would buy the names of all the people in the towns and city's we serviced from a marketing company. we only wanted the names of people who made over 6 figure pay checks. then direct marketed right to them by mail.

http://www.rjcleaningservice.com/

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #5 of Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM

Start learning SEO and just the basics at first. Warriorforum would be a good beginning place to start. After you have learned a good basic understanding, you could find people to work for you. Elance.com has people in India who will do it for you for 2 dollars an hour. Hope this helps

Building my own weathervane and cupola
post #6 of Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM

another cut/paste spammer.............................:thumbdo wn:
post #7 of Old 07-08-2011, 04:05 AM

I would say the last one is definitely a spammer. I am glad he is providing us with some value haha

Building my own weathervane and cupola
post #8 of Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 AM

Check out a book called guerilla marketing. theres a lot of ideas in there for cheap or free advertising. a lot of it comes down to hard work. also check out www.bidcleangrow.com. they have a good blog that may be encouraging.
post #9 of Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Response

Hey! I think you should create accounts on different cleaning website and link yourself with people. Also, you might want to check this website out: www.onlywire.com. Good Luck!

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #10 of Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 AM

To achieve success in marketing, first know your audience, focus on your offers, get full experience before you launch any campaign and consider multiple forms of testing in each of your services.
post #11 of Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Establish an online presence then do whatever it takes to dominate the front page of Google. Create a signature on these forums for back link juice, with anchor text for added punch for the search terms you want to target.
post #12 of Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 AM

I would concentrate your efforts to be come hyper local, meaning dominating a neighborhood, dominating a street.

Cuts down gas, travel and makes more money.
post #13 of Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 AM

Ask your clients to post reviews/references on your facebook, yelp, yellow pages, etc.
post #14 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 AM

There are many technique of marketing. In present time social media is best for marketing. Million of users use social media in global level so you sell your product international level.
post #15 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmichal View Post
There are many technique of marketing. In present time social media is best for marketing. Million of users use social media in global level so you sell your product international level.
Social media is HOT ! Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...

Nick Sidla || Account Executive
Job Scheduling Software
Customer Testimonial Software
Free Route Optimization Software and GPS
Follow me on Twitter for daily business tips@servicetask !
post #16 of Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 AM

As per my view SEO is the best method for any type of business. Very low cost needed to do it and it can increase business in local area. Newsletters is also works for every small business because most of people read it. Business card is one of the best option to promote business in budget.
post #17 of Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Have any of you used "salespeople" ?
post #18 of Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicExteriorCleaning View Post
Have any of you used "salespeople" ?
If you are doing online marketing then you will no need for salespeople. If you are doing telemarketing then you will need staff of sales persons. You can also hire the best SEO company to increase your sales of products.
post #19 of Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 AM

I think we need salespeople then
post #20 of Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Great quote of the day "Money follows innovation. ! "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode