Best Website & SEO Combo - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-13-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Best Website & SEO Combo

Hello all,

My name is Carlos; I have been in this Industry for about five years now and didn't feel like there was a reason to have a website.... STUPID me right? So I was contacted by this young man from a company Local Outrank (www.localoutrank.com) And WOW!! He got me a website and front Page placement on the Local map section and the big ones below the map. They gave me a website, an Account manager, a Local Phone number to track my calls to see how many calls I get, a Work for Free guarantee, & front page placement, with no contract for Less than 200 Dollars a month. I am So happy to Share my experience with you guys and if you want be on the Front page and have you calls tracked hands down this is the best deal around. My friend told me he was spending 1000 dollars for pay-per-click and not getting many phone calls. So if you want to be on the Front page of the results, weather you have a website or not Local Outrank can help. If you need more information Contact the Guy that signed me up!!!!

Quinten Manor
Local Outrank
www.localoutank.com
[email protected]

Thank you,
Carlos
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
So this is SEO Spam? Did Quinten post this? Or what it posted by carlos4523?

I'm confused by this

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #3 of Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 PM

This is a spam for sure, I used to work for a major ecommerce website as SEO manager, there is no way you can get to the first page in a day or even months except you used some not common keywords.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Yep.. spam

Yup, that was abso-friggen-lutely spam. And, unless you live in a really small area and use really obscure keyword phrases, you are not going to rank on the first page on a Google SERP. For example, I had my website (The links are in my signature line) totally rebuilt a few months ago. The domain name itself is 3 years old, but for my keyword phrases, my site languished away on the 15th page on a Google SERP (Search Engine Results Page). So, I had my website torn down and rebuilt using the Wordpress platform. That gave me control to make all of the changes I would need to make (text content, videos, links, etc).

I started to investigate white hat SEO techniques and began building my website. Now, my area (Baltimore MD) has about 600 carpet cleaning companies, and most have websites, so the internet marketing for carpet cleaning in Baltimore was pretty established. Strangely enough though, when my website was launched, it landed on the second page for my keyword phrases in the SERP. I guess Google spiders found my website, crawled it and decided to put me on the second page to see if anything else would happen on my site. After about two months, Google punted my website all the way down to page 18. (AAAAARGH!!!).

Ok, so I backed off... regrouped... and began reading a ton of books and websites for reasons as to why my website would fall off the face of the planet (because unless you are on page 1 or 2 in a search for your keyword phrases, you pretty much don't exist. How often do you go past the second page when searching for something on the internet? Not that far past that I am guessing.)

I learned a lot of strategies for getting my content and website out there, and wouldn't ya know... my website is on the 5th page now in a Google search for my keyword phrases. I am hoping (no, praying) that after Google (and to a lesser degree, Yahoo and Bing) get done crawling my site, I will eventually land on the first or second page.

Well, sorry for writing a novel here. LOL! I get kinda jacked up when talking about internet marketing and that kinda thing. No, I am not selling any sort of SEO services. I'm a carpet cleaner for petes sakes! I never thought I would need any of that internet knowledge, but I guess as a business owner, I have to be multi-talented.

Good luck and have a good one!
post #5 of Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM

I have seen this in other threads as well so yes, it really is spam!
post #6 of Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 PM

spam

definitly a spam, you have to work like almost 12 months and if you are lucky you're cone be on the first page of Google.

Cristi www.justcleaning.eu
post #7 of Old 02-10-2011, 08:54 PM

unless it's black hat spammy type seo this guy is doing.
post #8 of Old 03-31-2011, 12:05 PM

wow, this thread is just asking for seo spam isn't it.

Carpet Cleaning Bellingham

post #9 of Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 PM

seo

Quote:
Now, my area (Baltimore MD) has about 600 carpet cleaning companies, and most have websites, so the internet marketing for carpet cleaning in Baltimore was pretty established. Strangely enough though, when my website was launched, it landed on the second page for my keyword phrases in the SERP. I guess Google spiders found my website, crawled it and decided to put me on the second page to see if anything else would happen on my site. After about two months, Google punted my website all the way down to page 18. (AAAAARGH!!!).
I guess it really makes a difference where you live in how easy it is to get good google rankings. I live across the water from Seattle. 3 months after I made my website, I was able to get to the first listing on Google for all the surrounding cities. However, if I lived in Seattle, it would probably take a couple of years of total seo dedication to get this. Maybe you should target the smaller areas around Baltimore and not try for the "Baltimore" keyword right away. You sound like you know what you are doing seo-wise though.
In my experience doing white-hat organic seo is far more productive than black-hat stuff - Link farms and other related junk techniques. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get good search engine credibility.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
post #10 of Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavas007 View Post
wow, this thread is just asking for seo spam isn't it.

Carpet Cleaning Bellingham

yeah right...
post #11 of Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
I guess it really makes a difference where you live in how easy it is to get good google rankings. I live across the water from Seattle. 3 months after I made my website, I was able to get to the first listing on Google for all the surrounding cities. However, if I lived in Seattle, it would probably take a couple of years of total seo dedication to get this. Maybe you should target the smaller areas around Baltimore and not try for the "Baltimore" keyword right away. You sound like you know what you are doing seo-wise though.
In my experience doing white-hat organic seo is far more productive than black-hat stuff - Link farms and other related junk techniques. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get good search engine credibility.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Strike my original comment about ranking in a high population area. I kept working at it and now I am first page, first position (currently) for "Commercial pressure washing in Baltimore". My other Baltimore pages rank really well too. This is with a 5 month old website (domain is over 3 years old though). Although I am a carpet cleaning/pressure washing guy.... SEO is my kung fu... and it is strong. HA!

The problem though with SEO is that its a continuous effort. So, I've found that not only do I physically provide the service, I also have to work on the site every day. I basically wear two hats.
post #12 of Old 04-13-2011, 06:18 PM

outrank is a horrible business model

they charge you $95 a month and promise really relevant keywords. after a month or two they change and the high traffic keywords which they of course CAN'T rank for are changed to less relevant terms

complete **** company that makes gives many in the service business a bitter taste of what SEO and real web design are

you don't own the domain, or the phone number, or have any say over what happens.

they also DON'T even frigin optimize the site for the keywords your targeting.

there are PLENTY of people {including me} who will make a keyword rich properly formatted and easy to rank 1-2 page low cost starter site for $100-150 which without too much effort can achive a page 1 result for lower traffic keywords in service sectors

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area

Last edited by Racebum; 04-13-2011 at 06:24 PM.
post #13 of Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 AM
post #14 of Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 AM

There are better choices out there than this spammer I think . But very difficult to choose ! Must to have some knowledge otherwise it is pricey and pointless . No results

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #15 of Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessmith4152 View Post
SEO has become an indispensable part of online marketing. Effective use of this tool can give wings to your online business while not using it rightly can play havoc with it. Although having a company website with relevant content and great look is very important but it is not everything. Page ranking in popular search engines has become an extremely important part of promoting your website and drawing targeted traffic to it.
Page ranking is of importance but obtaining a high ranking is more difficult to day than in the near past and it is going to get more and more difficult.
At some point everybody will do it using available tools.
At that point either you will start spending your time, your money, or both to maintain any high ranking.
Like green stamps when everybody started giving them out they were of no value to the stores and cost them a lot (They cost the consumer about ten cents for every dollar and bought stuff for ten times what they could have obtained it for anyplace.)

The same applies for Google ads although that day is further out.

I'd be willing to bet a whole nickel that Craigslist ads are more effective than SEO for most cleaning businesses.

Chances are also good that portal sites will show up before your site no matter what you do so go to those sites and make sure they have correct infotrmation and point to your web page.
post #16 of Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM

post #17 of Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 AM

getting onto the first page in Google is not too difficult for precise terms, but gets extremely difficult for wider terms. So for instance if you search for:

Malinko - we are ranked 1
CRM & job scheduling software - we are ranked 1
CRM & scheduling software - we are ranked just next to the bottom of page 1
CRM software - we are nowhere to be seen

But realistically, anyone who is searching for our software and already knows the name of it is probably pretty narrow - I want all those people who don't realise they want it yet!

it is worth focusing on narrow terms to get high up, but remember that narrow terms usually = low traffic. So don't expect miracles.

And anyone who is trying to sell SEO by logging onto a forum and pretending to be called Carlos, when they are clearly Quinten is probably worth avoiding!

--
Malinko - Job scheduling and CRM Made Easy
(t) +44161 850 0111
Appointment Scheduling & CRM Software for Cleaners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode