Brochures ?? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-03-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Brochures ??

Are brochures effective? Or would you just stick with flyers?

If you have any experience with Brochures please let me know! Do you go around and hand them out??

STRICTLY COMMERCIAL SERVICES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-17-2016, 03:28 PM

I have
post #3 of Old 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM

I do a one page flyer that I created on vistaprint. I don;t get much business from it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-21-2016, 04:22 PM

Brochures haven't helped but simple one page flyers on door hangers have been good. I had to pretty much canvas an entire area. Very time consuming tho.
post #5 of Old 05-31-2016, 04:16 AM

I think brochures or flyers useful at exhibition to present your product. Flyer can be distributed on road, enevt...
But now electronic advertising can more common.

Last edited by hoabantrang; 06-20-2016 at 08:33 PM.
post #6 of Old 06-09-2016, 07:54 AM

I use brochures to explain my policies and expectations from my customers. I also give contact information and a review of basic services and add-on services like oven cleaning and add-on prices (and briefly how to order add-ons). I also have a section on the back requesting feedback and referrals (with Qcode to online form). I leave the brochures with customers when the contract is signed. They are great for customer information.
However, I don't think they are a good investment for getting new customers. They are too expensive and bad ROI. Stick with simple, easy to read flyers with an offer or coupon.
post #7 of Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 PM

Brochures have their place

Best thing for commercial cleaning business is personal contacts and networking. The brochure is a leave behind that does two things. One is hopefully they file it so they can get back to you when they have a need and the other is to impress them with your company's capabilities and professionalism.

So, flyer vs brochure is not as important as will the piece impress them and create the right impression and is there content in your piece that will cause them to want to hold on to it and not throw it away?

Jim
Pacific Steam
post #8 of Old 06-26-2016, 07:45 PM

Hope you find what your looking for.
post #9 of Old 12-07-2016, 01:05 PM

I think they need to be targeted to your ideal client, and need to be presented at that right time, otherwise a good website is a better option. I took awhile but now our website is our best tool.
post #10 of Old 12-10-2016, 08:40 AM

maidtocleanmt is right. You need to make sure you are hitting your target audience.

I got some post flyers made up and am going to try this out. 500 flyers barely covers any area though. I'll check back in to let you know how the roi is. I'm hoping to start getting brand recognition from it, but not expecting many bookings.

I hear you realistic have to send flyers 3-6 times before people will take action. This from someone that works at a marketing company.
post #11 of Old 12-16-2016, 05:17 AM

I'm not a huge fan of brochures. A really nice brochure can give you some credibility but the reality is people throw them in the trash. Just think about what you do with a brochure. Has a brochure ever persuaded you to hire someone? It rarely has a big impact.

Instead, focus oh getting the potential client's contact information and then have a strategic follow-up. Know that it will take time to get the follow-up process working but if you stay with it, it will generate a lot more clients than a brochure.
post #12 of Old 12-19-2016, 02:04 PM

Brochures and most paper media is overdone, old school and just not effective. If you're going this route it needs to be really creative. It needs to get people excited and offer information that people want to read.
post #13 of Old 12-27-2016, 02:42 AM

Location: Greater Pittsburgh area including Allegheny, Beaver & Butler County, Pennsylvania
Print is Less and Less Effective

Yes, brochures can work but this should not be your main lead generation tool. Focus on online and let print go the way of the dinosaur - it will be better for the environment and the mailman's back.
post #14 of Old 01-02-2017, 10:50 PM

I have used flyers fairly effectively, however nothing beats ranking up there when people take the easy way out and use the good old Google machine.
post #15 of Old 01-05-2017, 09:03 PM

Online marketing more cost effective.

SteamKleenToronto
Carpet Cleaning Toronto

Last edited by SteamKleenToronto; 01-05-2017 at 09:41 PM.
post #16 of Old 01-24-2017, 01:35 PM

I lean towards online marketing, however, you can get flyers and designed for a relatively inexpensive price.

Once you get your flyers printed, you'll want to deliver them in an efficient way. I wouldn't spend any money on delivering your flyers and would deliver flyers yourself.

There are a number of ways you can distribute your flyers, but if you're getting started, here are a few of ways we recommend:

1. Door-to-Door Delivery
If you deliver yourself, door-to-door delivery is an easy and free way to distribute your flyers to a particular neighborhood. This helps you create some brand awareness in a particular community and it gives you the opportunity to talk to home owners as you are in the neighborhood.

2. Drop off flyers to your client's neighbors

After you complete a clean, there is an opportunity to deliver flyers to your client's neighbors. You're already in the neighborhood, so it's easy to take a few minutes to promote your business. Also, having clients in the same neighborhood is a great way to add new business without adding a lot of driving time.

You can make your advertising to your client's neighbors more relevant by offering a community discount.

3. Leave a flyer with your client when the job is done
Once the job is complete, there is opportunity for you to engage with this customer for more business. Leave behind a flyer at your client's home to promote additional services or packages.
post #17 of Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM

brochures is one of best things to promote business in front of client

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode