I am a freelance graphic artist/designer that runs a company based in Pocatello, ID. I’m sure that this is not probably an appropriate place to solicit work and bug you with an advertising pitch but that said I do a lot of work in your industry for a couple of the giants and have done a lot of automobile advertising/lettering for company fleets. Below are some statistics I have gathered up for when pitching the effectiveness of this form of advertising (magnets, decals, etc.). I hope this will help you all make a decision as to whether it is worth it for your business to invest time/money for on-car signage:
• Mobile advertising can be the most effective and efficient form of outdoor advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM) than any other form of outdoor advertising.
• More than 95% of Americans are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
• The average American has traveled 302 miles in the past 7 days.
• One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 - 70,000 impressions daily.
• Federal Highway Administration study forecasts a sharp increase in the amount of time spent in personal vehicles and the number of trips per household.
• Fleet vehicle wraps are ideally suited for various types advertising campaigns, including new product launch, and event marketing and are increasingly being used as part of the marketing mix.
• Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.
• 30% of mobile outdoor viewers indicate they would base a buying decision on the ad they see.
• Transit advertising has grown to be the second largest segment of the outdoor advertising industry in terms of dollars spent (as of 2003) representing 19%. The Outdoor Advertising industry has nearly doubled since 1993 from $1.19B to $2.09B in 2003. These numbers continue to grow each year.
• Eight out of ten Americans report they have walked in a town, city or downtown area, on average 6.1 miles in the past seven days. This pedestrian traffic represents a significant reach opportunity for advertisers.
I hope this helps and I wish you all great success. But, because I can’t resist myself—
My company specializes in branding and “creating an image” for companies of all sizes from ma-and-pop shops to multimillion-dollar corporations all over the country (with a lot of experience in your industry) and if I can be of service, or answer any questions for you please don’t hesitate to contact me. I work with a network of vehicle graphics installers all over and can make this work wherever you are!
Thank you for your time and putting up with my shameless plug.
Independent Graphic Designer
R2 Media Group, LLC