Car Magnets - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Car Magnets

Good morning!

I really need to get advertising on my car. Do people here have car magnets or actual lettering on the windows or doors? I've looked into both, just seeing what recommendations everyone has and where I may go about getting the best products.

Thanks!

Kendra
Perfect Touch House and Office Cleaning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM

I have car magnets and to be perfectly honest, i only ever got 1 call because someone saw it.
post #3 of Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 PM

We use a combination of both. Cars owned by the company are lettered, while cars driven by employees use magnets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-03-2008, 09:34 PM

i had a great response using car magnets several years ago. totally different business but very professionally done. but do not have anything on my truck now as word of mouth is more than i can handle.

just a single cleaner and if i decide to expand, i think i would go with the lettering on the vehicle and not the magnets. i think the lettering looks more professional...more permanent, stable.

suzi g
post #5 of Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 AM

I agree suzi, Lettering does look more professional but if it's your personal vehicle you cannot remove it when you are out on vacation or somewhere with the family and not wanting to 'talk business'
post #6 of Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 PM

We have the vehicles lettered. Looks more professional than magnets. Do get calls while sitting in traffic. Even had a gal call trying to get a date once. LOL

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #7 of Old 08-04-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
We have the vehicles lettered. Looks more professional than magnets. Do get calls while sitting in traffic. Even had a gal call trying to get a date once. LOL
OMG that is crazy! I don't have anything on my car right now. Just haven't had the time to get it done but now I am having second thoughts. I don't want stalkers or heaven forbid papparazzi! We have had people whip out cameras while we were sitting at a red light before. Me and my business partner worked together at our last job and at lunch this happened. Also alot of honkers but that might just be my driving!

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #8 of Old 08-05-2008, 06:12 AM

To be honest I would skip the magnets until your business had picked up. depends on which area you live in too. I live in Denver NC and like I said Everyone and anyone has vehicle magnets or lettering. I didnt get the turn out I expected. 1 customer. needless that 1 customer paid for the magnets in her initial clean. I dont think they are doing me much good! Online advertising is the best for me! To each its own though ☺
post #9 of Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
To be honest I would skip the magnets until your business had picked up. depends on which area you live in too. I live in Denver NC and like I said Everyone and anyone has vehicle magnets or lettering. I didnt get the turn out I expected. 1 customer. needless that 1 customer paid for the magnets in her initial clean. I dont think they are doing me much good! Online advertising is the best for me! To each its own though ☺
You have a great website. I would at a minimum put a decal on rear of vehicle displaying your web address.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #10 of Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 AM

I have a magnet on my rear bumper with name and phone # I used to have side magnets but when partner and I split I let her have them. They won't be any use to her next month though.
post #11 of Old 08-05-2008, 09:11 AM

OH! thank you! It's not much but it's something to help out my business! <website>
post #12 of Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 AM

A good friend of mine owns a home renovations company, and he's got one of those in-car DVD players in his window, playing a commercial for the captive audience in traffic. It's a real attention-getter.
post #13 of Old 08-08-2008, 06:33 AM

Huh, I never heard of that before! Interesting!
post #14 of Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Our website has been our biggest way of getting new customers. We don't advertise anymore due to having more than we can handle right now and our phone is constantly ringing. Some of it has been word of mouth but the majority of it comes from our website.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #15 of Old 08-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Too much to handle... Way to go... I will be saying that someday too I hope! Marketing mailboxes isn't sucessful in my opp. I havent received that many calls that way. Just wasting gas and ruining my tranny.
post #16 of Old 08-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Hope this helps...

Hey guys!

I am a freelance graphic artist/designer that runs a company based in Pocatello, ID. I’m sure that this is not probably an appropriate place to solicit work and bug you with an advertising pitch but that said I do a lot of work in your industry for a couple of the giants and have done a lot of automobile advertising/lettering for company fleets. Below are some statistics I have gathered up for when pitching the effectiveness of this form of advertising (magnets, decals, etc.). I hope this will help you all make a decision as to whether it is worth it for your business to invest time/money for on-car signage:

• Mobile advertising can be the most effective and efficient form of outdoor advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM) than any other form of outdoor advertising.

• More than 95% of Americans are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.

• The average American has traveled 302 miles in the past 7 days.

• One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 - 70,000 impressions daily.

• Federal Highway Administration study forecasts a sharp increase in the amount of time spent in personal vehicles and the number of trips per household.

• Fleet vehicle wraps are ideally suited for various types advertising campaigns, including new product launch, and event marketing and are increasingly being used as part of the marketing mix.

• Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.

• 30% of mobile outdoor viewers indicate they would base a buying decision on the ad they see.

• Transit advertising has grown to be the second largest segment of the outdoor advertising industry in terms of dollars spent (as of 2003) representing 19%. The Outdoor Advertising industry has nearly doubled since 1993 from $1.19B to $2.09B in 2003. These numbers continue to grow each year.

• Eight out of ten Americans report they have walked in a town, city or downtown area, on average 6.1 miles in the past seven days. This pedestrian traffic represents a significant reach opportunity for advertisers.

I hope this helps and I wish you all great success. But, because I can’t resist myself—

My company specializes in branding and “creating an image” for companies of all sizes from ma-and-pop shops to multimillion-dollar corporations all over the country (with a lot of experience in your industry) and if I can be of service, or answer any questions for you please don’t hesitate to contact me. I work with a network of vehicle graphics installers all over and can make this work wherever you are!

Thank you for your time and putting up with my shameless plug.

Ryan Roghaar
Independent Graphic Designer
R2 Media Group, LLC
[email protected]
www.ryanroghaar.com
www.r2mediagroup.net
post #17 of Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM

considering you have the same post in another thread, your right, it's not the place to placing your unpaid advertising...... now considering your post have been helpful, they have let you slide, but please share ideas and information - don't preempt your post with /......
post #18 of Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM

The only calls I received from my car magnets were from someone from the yellow book and a guy wanting to talk to "the hot girl driving the Cadillac". guess he didn't know I was going to answer. Maybe I will get the vehicle lettering. How much does that cost?
post #19 of Old 10-10-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean-Rite View Post
The only calls I received from my car magnets were from someone from the yellow book and a guy wanting to talk to "the hot girl driving the Cadillac". guess he didn't know I was going to answer. Maybe I will get the vehicle lettering. How much does that cost?
LOL, well sounds about right. A good looking girl driving around with a phone number on the side of the car. If she was good looking enough I don't know if the thought wouldn't run across my mind as well.
post #20 of Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 AM

I have lettering on my back window. I think it looks a lot better than magnets and people can't take them off - lol...well unless they get a razor out. I only have my back window right now, but on my old van I used to have the back and 2 sides done. You may not get a lot of calls right away, but people do start noticing your car and the name will start to stick with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode