Direct Marketing - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to mazharshah Send a message via Skype™ to mazharshah
Direct Marketing

Direct marketing is a long and interesting history. The Code of Hammurabi, the Babylonian one side of the law for the year 2000 BC, recalls how the "salesman" would have done, and even that would be adequately compensated for what they sell. Direct marketing has come a long way since then. Today, it refers to so many e-mails and social, what most of us understand to be the traditional form of direct marketing, letters will be sent directly to the potential customer to the seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-14-2011, 04:22 AM

It is really fascinating and helpful in way because the messages are directly send to your concerned person and customers and we get the better and good results from this.It has also a number of ways through we can get the better output and results as we desire.
post #3 of Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Thank you for posting this information!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 PM

how to send e-mails that it was not spam

We think itís important to provide skilled and experienced personnel so our work is always of the highest standard. Corona Cleaning
We are a family business, we have several years of experience and we can clean your house, office or apartment and we do it reliably and on time
post #5 of Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 AM

The most direct form is actually flyering door to door. This is much the same as it was in ancient times. Go to the source. Nobody likes to do it, but it works. It is targeted, personal and highly efficient. The return on one succeseful flyer is insane. If you land one job per 50 flyers and that job last at least one year, you will have spent pennies to make thousands!

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #6 of Old 03-19-2014, 08:19 AM

Direct marketing is practiced by businesses of all sizes—from the smallest start-up to the leaders on the Fortune 500. A well-executed direct advertising campaign can prove a positive return on investment by showing how many potential customers responded to a clear call-to-action.

window cleaning services
post #7 of Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 PM

Why do I have to put up with all this spam on this web site? If moderators are monitoring these ridiculous posts I wish they would remove them. Please just look at these above. Any response here guys?

Jim
www.pacificsteamco.com
post #8 of Old 06-16-2014, 06:10 PM

My advice was sincere. I have 17 years in the business and have been consulting cleaning services for 10 years.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #9 of Old 06-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaningguru View Post
The most direct form is actually flyering door to door. This is much the same as it was in ancient times. Go to the source. Nobody likes to do it, but it works. It is targeted, personal and highly efficient. The return on one succeseful flyer is insane. If you land one job per 50 flyers and that job last at least one year, you will have spent pennies to make thousands!
Hey im just curious, I completely agree with you, Was just curious was there anyone who ever complained about your business for leaving flyers on there door step or anything like that.
post #10 of Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 PM

It happened 4 - 5 times that I remember and I did 12,000 flyers over the years. They called the number on the flyer and I just apologized and told them it would not happen again. I was surprised how few people complained. I had many people hang onto the flyer for years before they called. I remember getting a call 5 years later! Nothing beats it for return on investment, but it works best for residential.

post #11 of Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 AM

We passed out hundreds of thousands of flyers and we got plenty of complaint calls. Sometimes those complaints would make me money too. When I had carpet cleaning as an add-on I used to tell them I was sorry and I want to give them 2 free rooms of carpet cleaning to show how sorry I was. Then my guy would usually turn it in to more rooms (since we are here why not have your whole house cleaned for just $39 more if you buy the protectant. Now the bad thing is that protectant isn't cheap and costs me over $50 a gallon but I'll clean the rest of your house and spray it with protectant for only $199.) AND if we were lucky he would sell the protectant for even higher.

Before I had carpet cleaning as an add-on I used to tell them I'd give them 50% off cleaning for the first 3 cleanings. This rarely worked but it made them much nicer once they seen I was trying to give them something.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 06-17-2014 at 02:40 AM.
post #12 of Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM

Very smart. I think door to door is a great idea that I need to look into
post #13 of Old 06-20-2014, 01:26 PM

Wow, this is a great example of a thread that started off bad but actually turned really interesting. I wonder what whatsisname from Islamabad is doing now. But I have a question for you: did you design your own flyer or use a graphic designer? If you did some of each, what was the difference in the response rate?
post #14 of Old 11-23-2014, 02:18 AM

Direct marketing can be very effective for any business no doubt, that is why it is there from ages but it do takes a lot of efforts. I do also like the internet marketing way by promoting the business website among interest users on the web.
post #15 of Old 11-24-2014, 09:32 PM

I've always made everything myself. I rely on no one for anything when it comes to marketing and making my printed materials. Although, with other businesses I've had business cards printed. But, I used to make my own magnet business cards. Using a template gets you the same thing as everyone else in the world. And I am not like anyone else in the world

I designed my first flyers on a 7 line screen on one of the first electric word processors with a built in printer. I don't think I could do that again.
post #16 of Old 12-01-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
I've always made everything myself. I rely on no one for anything when it comes to marketing and making my printed materials. Although, with other businesses I've had business cards printed. But, I used to make my own magnet business cards. Using a template gets you the same thing as everyone else in the world. And I am not like anyone else in the world

I designed my first flyers on a 7 line screen on one of the first electric word processors with a built in printer. I don't think I could do that again.
I really could use one that works well if you would be willing to share. I'm starting out new at 41 years old and need this business to work just to survive right now.

Hoping to turn my struggle into a huge success story. I'm always positive and optimistic but literally starting this business with scraps (don't even have a car, have to use a bicycle and children's trailer to haul my vacuum and other supplies

- Michael

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode