Direct Marketing Flyer - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
Direct Marketing Flyer

I just made my first revised flyer. The first flyer was a joke after I read some of the information on this forum. I'm just starting out so don't mind the price points. I had to make it small in order to fit 3 on a page. Marketing budget is non existent. What do you think about this flyer as far as design?

What would you change or do different?

Thanks for your input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg testflyer.jpg (35.7 KB, 91 views)
Silverdot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Your flyer looks good but need some thing here one I use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale.jpg (90.1 KB, 97 views)
chris francis is offline  
post #3 of Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
Ya I know I'm still trying to find the right combo. Plus I have to fit 3 on a page. Thanks though. A lot of information on yours. Eventually I'll be able to able to mass produce a quality flyer like yours.

What is mine missing?
Silverdot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
One is call to arms or catch something like "does your house need bath?" then you give short sales speach.
chris francis is offline  
post #5 of Old 08-26-2009, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
Ya i tried to throw that in there creatively with "we clean so you don't have to." I was just thinking about what I say when I have to clean. I always so i don't want to or try to get my wife too. Good point though.
Silverdot is offline  
post #6 of Old 08-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdot View Post
Ya i tried to throw that in there creatively with "we clean so you don't have to." I was just thinking about what I say when I have to clean. I always so i don't want to or try to get my wife too. Good point though.
some thing are you tired house work call today to have clean tomorrow
chris francis is offline  
post #7 of Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
Exclamation

"Call today, clean tomorrow" good idea.

I've also found that I can put 3 fliers onto one piece of paper. I have NO money for advertising, so I print the pages out with my apartment printer and use their paper.

Do you think people are more likely to read a big flyer or a small one with a coupon like you would get in Valpak?

Do you go door to door and put a flier on every door, or just post them up around apartment mailboxes, pools, exercise rooms etc. ?

I'm just trying to find the best way to distribute my fliers since i have limited resources, I want to use them wisely.
Silverdot is offline  
post #8 of Old 09-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdot View Post
"Call today, clean tomorrow" good idea.

I've also found that I can put 3 fliers onto one piece of paper. I have NO money for advertising, so I print the pages out with my apartment printer and use their paper.

Do you think people are more likely to read a big flyer or a small one with a coupon like you would get in Valpak?

Do you go door to door and put a flier on every door, or just post them up around apartment mailboxes, pools, exercise rooms etc. ?
I'm just trying to find the best way to distribute my fliers since i have limited resources, I want to use them wisely.
I would do door to door, pool, apartment mail box and apartment rental office.
chris francis is offline  
post #9 of Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
I'm not an actual business though, just an individual offering services. Would you really bust in the rental office and say you clean apartments? What if you do and they say don't post your fliers either?
Silverdot is offline  
post #10 of Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Silverdat do you have lics and insurance? if you answer yes to this question then you actual business if you answer no then you need to get yourself that stuff start cleaning like big time cleaning service.
chris francis is offline  
post #11 of Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
It's really a time issue for me. I have a normal 8-5. It makes no sense to have lisc and insurance when I only do 2-3 jobs a week.
Silverdot is offline  
post #12 of Old 09-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
 
FCPWLLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdot View Post
It's really a time issue for me. I have a normal 8-5. It makes no sense to have lisc and insurance when I only do 2-3 jobs a week.
Are you serious? It makes all the sense in the world to have a license if it is a LAW in your area. The insurance, well that makes sense if you want to be protected against any damage you might do.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
FCPWLLC is offline  
post #13 of Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdot View Post
I just made my first revised flyer. The first flyer was a joke after I read some of the information on this forum. I'm just starting out so don't mind the price points. I had to make it small in order to fit 3 on a page. Marketing budget is non existent. What do you think about this flyer as far as design?

What would you change or do different?

Thanks for your input.
$50... ANY HOUSE!!!!????? OH nooooooooo.... nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow... ohhh wow - THAT is like keeping a cyanide pill on your tongue as a hobby and trying not to break it 24 hours a day. You should be charging almost $50 an hour for your work, you're going to end up giving your serves away (I know it is tempting just to start making money) but $50 a home will equate to LESS than minimum wage when you start getting calls from rich homeowners with 5,000 square foot homes! Yikes.

I make $30 an hour for homes and $60 an hour commercial... re-think your flyer, just my opinion. I think we've all been there though, begging people to hire us and giving away our time and labor for next to nothing. DON'T devalue your work, take pride in it, and make people treat you AS A PROFESSIONAL!

Last edited by SanitarySpecialist; 10-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.
SanitarySpecialist is offline  
post #14 of Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Are you serious? It makes all the sense in the world to have a license if it is a LAW in your area. The insurance, well that makes sense if you want to be protected against any damage you might do.
HOW TRUE! Not just any damage he might do... but damage he might be accused of! People are resentful mean and are first to blame a home cleaner when they simply misplace something and can't find it - I have seen it happen!

Also... in stead of printing at home, it is M-U-C-H smarter to outsource your printing to a company, such as Vistaprint.com, PS Print, Uprinting, Gotprint etc. Buying your own paper and ink for ANYTHING over 20 pieces of paper (let alone 500 or over 1,000!) is SO expensive if you try to do it at home. I also don't advocate doing it as work as many members here mention they do - it's not worth losing your primary income over and looking over your shoulder and doing wrong by your company just to save a few dollars.
SanitarySpecialist is offline  
post #15 of Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Cat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 135
$50 per house (regardless of size) and $20 off the first cleaning.

Hmmmm..... So if the house happens to be 2,700 - 3,500 square feet, you'd clean it for $30?

I doubt you will receive any calls. People are leery of such low prices, believe it or not. Why would they have you in their homes? Many folks would think you simply want to gain entry so that you can steal.

You'd actually get more business if you increased your prices to a professional level.

This is not even believable.

Write the vision and make it plain: http://maidservicecoaching.wordpress.com/
Cat is offline  
post #16 of Old 10-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
$50 per house (regardless of size) and $20 off the first cleaning.

Hmmmm..... So if the house happens to be 2,700 - 3,500 square feet, you'd clean it for $30?

I doubt you will receive any calls. People are leery of such low prices, believe it or not. Why would they have you in their homes? Many folks would think you simply want to gain entry so that you can steal.

You'd actually get more business if you increased your prices to a professional level.

This is not even believable.
(exhales) THANK you! Thats what I was saying above... we need to all act as, and demand treatment as, professionals.
SanitarySpecialist is offline  
post #17 of Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitarySpecialist View Post
Also... in stead of printing at home, it is M-U-C-H smarter to outsource your printing to a company, such as Vistaprint.com, PS Print, Uprinting, Gotprint etc. Buying your own paper and ink for ANYTHING over 20 pieces of paper (let alone 500 or over 1,000!) is SO expensive if you try to do it at home. I also don't advocate doing it as work as many members here mention they do - it's not worth losing your primary income over and looking over your shoulder and doing wrong by your company just to save a few dollars.

This is silly. I can print 100,000 flyers from my house for less than $200. You can find a real printer for less than $100, hell I found mine for $10. Don't use those disposable cheap things they're calling printers. You're suppose to be a business, buy the heavy duty stuff.
tempy is offline  
post #18 of Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 54
Don't list the service you are going to perform, they assume you know how to clean. List the benefits! List what makes you better. What makes you unique. But mostly make it about them.

And yes, that pricing is waaaay low. I have $120 minimum for residential. It is not a volume game, it is a quality game! You only need dozens of cleints, not thousands. Go for the good ones!

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
cleaningguru is offline  
post #19 of Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 25
I learned that people want a good deal not necessarily the best price. What works for us is stating that we have a satisfaction guarantee. If your not completely satisfied, the cleaning is free.
ACEJanitorial is offline  
post #20 of Old 02-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
WesternJanitorSupply's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Posts: 110
lol it doesn't make sense to have a business license. You a funny dude lol
WesternJanitorSupply is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Budget for Marketing? Nathan Sales & Marketing 34 11-20-2014 12:31 PM
Direct Marketing postcards honest1 Sales & Marketing 23 11-13-2011 05:56 PM
help needede in marketing for this revalution in cleaning . iceblastuk Sales & Marketing 5 08-29-2010 03:37 AM
E-mail Marketing Pomba Sales & Marketing 8 09-30-2008 11:41 AM
Flyer babflores General Discussion 0 07-06-2008 04:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome