Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Direct Marketing Flyer

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  sprintcar93 
#1 ·
I just made my first revised flyer. The first flyer was a joke after I read some of the information on this forum. I'm just starting out so don't mind the price points. I had to make it small in order to fit 3 on a page. Marketing budget is non existent. What do you think about this flyer as far as design?

What would you change or do different?

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya I know I'm still trying to find the right combo. Plus I have to fit 3 on a page. Thanks though. A lot of information on yours. Eventually I'll be able to able to mass produce a quality flyer like yours.

What is mine missing?:blink:

#7 ·
"Call today, clean tomorrow" good idea.

I've also found that I can put 3 fliers onto one piece of paper. I have NO money for advertising, so I print the pages out with my apartment printer and use their paper.

Do you think people are more likely to read a big flyer or a small one with a coupon like you would get in Valpak?

Do you go door to door and put a flier on every door, or just post them up around apartment mailboxes, pools, exercise rooms etc. ?

I'm just trying to find the best way to distribute my fliers since i have limited resources, I want to use them wisely.

#8 ·
"Call today, clean tomorrow" good idea.

I've also found that I can put 3 fliers onto one piece of paper. I have NO money for advertising, so I print the pages out with my apartment printer and use their paper.

Do you think people are more likely to read a big flyer or a small one with a coupon like you would get in Valpak?

Do you go door to door and put a flier on every door, or just post them up around apartment mailboxes, pools, exercise rooms etc. ?
I'm just trying to find the best way to distribute my fliers since i have limited resources, I want to use them wisely.
I would do door to door, pool, apartment mail box and apartment rental office.

#12 ·
It's really a time issue for me. I have a normal 8-5. It makes no sense to have lisc and insurance when I only do 2-3 jobs a week.
Are you serious? It makes all the sense in the world to have a license if it is a LAW in your area. The insurance, well that makes sense if you want to be protected against any damage you might do.

#13 · (Edited)
I just made my first revised flyer. The first flyer was a joke after I read some of the information on this forum. I'm just starting out so don't mind the price points. I had to make it small in order to fit 3 on a page. Marketing budget is non existent. What do you think about this flyer as far as design?

What would you change or do different?

Thanks for your input.
$50... ANY HOUSE!!!!????? OH nooooooooo.... nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow... ohhh wow - THAT is like keeping a cyanide pill on your tongue as a hobby and trying not to break it 24 hours a day. You should be charging almost $50 an hour for your work, you're going to end up giving your serves away (I know it is tempting just to start making money) but $50 a home will equate to LESS than minimum wage when you start getting calls from rich homeowners with 5,000 square foot homes! Yikes.

I make $30 an hour for homes and $60 an hour commercial... re-think your flyer, just my opinion. I think we've all been there though, begging people to hire us and giving away our time and labor for next to nothing. DON'T devalue your work, take pride in it, and make people treat you AS A PROFESSIONAL!

#15 ·
$50 per house (regardless of size) and $20 off the first cleaning.

Hmmmm..... So if the house happens to be 2,700 - 3,500 square feet, you'd clean it for $30?

I doubt you will receive any calls. People are leery of such low prices, believe it or not. Why would they have you in their homes? Many folks would think you simply want to gain entry so that you can steal.

You'd actually get more business if you increased your prices to a professional level.

This is not even believable.

#18 ·
Don't list the service you are going to perform, they assume you know how to clean. List the benefits! List what makes you better. What makes you unique. But mostly make it about them.

And yes, that pricing is waaaay low. I have $120 minimum for residential. It is not a volume game, it is a quality game! You only need dozens of cleints, not thousands. Go for the good ones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.