Do i need a website? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 01-30-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Do i need a website?

I do commercial cleaning mostly for restraunts, offices and banks..I have 10 accounts now but i would lilke to expand. Do i need a website? do local business look for cleaning companies on the internet? Or should i stick with what i know and call and go speak in person?
Bunga likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Websites are nice and will attract some business for you, however in commercial work you still will need to do a lot of cold calling and meeting face to face
post #3 of Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtheprez View Post
Do i need a website?
Yep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-01-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

where is a good place to start designing a website? I would need help with the layout, etc.
post #5 of Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM

post #6 of Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
You might also try www.ropofam.com.

Don Ropos is the owner. He has developed a cost efficient, effective process for webpage creation and management.

Tell him I sent you.

Wil

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
post #7 of Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Cleaning View Post
thanks
post #8 of Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 PM

where to get a website

Go to www.responsivewebsolutions.com- They are cheap, fast and professional!

Quote:
where is a good place to start designing a website? I would need help with the layout, etc.
post #9 of Old 02-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Actually, try this link: http://responsivewebsolutions.com/website%20design.htm . They would need to quote a price for you once they know what you want. They've done alot of work for some local businesses I know.

Quote:
post #10 of Old 03-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Since both of your links lead to the same place is it safe to say that we can assume that you are spamming this board for your own benefit? That is not cool

post #11 of Old 03-08-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Ho View Post

A quick google search turned a company named www.unitedprofessionalcleaningalliance.com that will put your company's information on their website with business information for about $5 bucks a month.

Aloha and Mahalo,
What keywords did you use to generate that search?

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #12 of Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I did my own with Microsoft Office Live. Very easy interface and decent price per month. It runs reports for traffic and other such data. So far, so good.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #13 of Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 PM

We generate alot of business from our website. Customers often comment on it. We were lucky enough to get ours done for free by a professional though. Friend of a friend situation. I tried to do it on my own with microsoft publisher. I could not ever figure out how to get it up and going.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #14 of Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM

You can also check out www.homestead.com
post #15 of Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM

I think it's definitely a good idea to have a website for lead generation, especially if you have a lot of commercial clients.
post #16 of Old 03-15-2008, 09:37 AM

iF YOU HAVE SOME TIME ON YOUR HANDS YOU CAN GO TO YAHOO. THEY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO BUILD YOUR SITE YOURSELF AND IT IS FAIRLY EASY. i HAD NO EXPERIENCE WITHT HAT STUFF AND AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING ONE RIGHT NOW. THEY ALSO WILL HOST IT FOR YOU FOR ABOUT 9-10 BUCKS A MONTH. tHAT WILL BE YOUR TOTAL COST, THE HOSTING FEES.

I LOOKED AROUND AND EVEN CONTACTED SOME COMPANIES TO DESIGN IT FOR ME BUT THEY WANTED ASTRONOMICAL FEES AND THEN HOSTING FEES. IF YOU OR ANYONE ELES HAS SOME FREE TIME, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FOR FREE AND JUST PAY THE HOSTING FEES....

OH...BEFORE I FORGET, GETTING YOUR WEBSITE IN THE SEARCH ENGINES IS ANOTHER THING.......
post #17 of Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM

I still think the internet is still in the infancy stages and growing....

I predict there will not be a phone book published in 15 years or less.

I remember seeing movies like Demoliton Man, with all the high tech future stuff. I was walking in the mall the other day and all the advertsing kiosk have been replaced with interactive plasma tvs displaying ads.
post #18 of Old 04-18-2008, 06:19 AM

I used to do a lot of web and graphic design, primarily layouts and site re-design. I ran into a lot of clients who tried doing it on their own and ultimately failed generating the kind of traffic they wanted. If you want a professional look and for people to take you seriously, I suggest hiring a designer to do it for you.

Another note, a lot of first timers like using WYSIWYG editors to create pages (like Dreamweaver and Frontpage). These programs just clutter the code on a site and can cause a lot of slow load times. Like I said, get a designer.. pay for quality and be happier in the long run. You also dont want your site to look like everyone else's, you want it to stand out (in a good way). You want it memorable and to leave a lasting impression.

Site traffic is another beast all on it's own, it isn't as hard as what you think. I know a bit on generating traffic for sites, I've been doing it since I was about 14 (not to brag...). I can't guarantee 10,000 hits like some other companies can.. but I can at least get your name out there on the search engines and other media sources.

I'll quit yapping.. lol Hope that helps. But yes, build a website..!

Maya
post #19 of Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Its the digital age, people use the internet for everything. If you make a call to someone and you mention you have a website, there is a high possibility that they will check it out. It also makes you seem just a little more professional then the guy next door without one. Printing it on your business card is great for a customer. Your website is the printed version of your sales pitch. You can talk until your blue in the face extolling the virtues of what you do, but if its not in print and theirs no pictures or proof, its harder to believe.

Also, since your website is a part of your sales pitch, dont half-arse it. Things like cutting corners will show, and it reflects right back on you and your business. You wouldn't show up drunk (I hope) to a prospective customer, so why would you act the same way towards your other advertising outlets.

On that note, don't use one of those free domains where you can post a site for free, like yahoo or such, it is very unprofessional and looks cheap.

Good luck
post #20 of Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbell View Post
You might also try www.ropofam.com.

Don Ropos is the owner. He has developed a cost efficient, effective process for webpage creation and management.

Tell him I sent you.

Wil
When I see a page title of "Home" it indicates that this company does not know SEO. What good is a site if it does not rank well? I mean no disrespect All Shine but doing a search for commercial cleaning Dayton Ohio, I stopped searching for your site at page four. The code is also questionable.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode