Does advertising on Google work? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Does advertising on Google work?

Did anyone get any good leads from advertising on google? I never tried it and I wanted to know what kind of results can you get out of it for those that did. I did some advertising on Facebook before and for $100 I got close to 90 clicks to my website with 0 leads. So in this case I felt like I just threw my $100 bucks aways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-05-2011, 07:09 PM

It works for some and not for others.
Google usually gives way around $60.00 worth of ads so you can try it.
Read the directions and follow their advice.
post #3 of Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Thats a tough question to answer. There are a lot of factors that play into effect, such as the most effective marketing methods for your industry, and also the actual ad itself. Your industry may thrive off of google ads, but if you don't design them properly it still won't be effective. The person above me gave good advice, follow their tips and do your research and you should be fine. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 AM

Yes advertising definitely works on google because almost all the people prefer google as the best search engine. In any case people will not stop to follow google so this really help to get positive review from advertisement.
post #5 of Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrewmop View Post
Yes advertising definitely works on google because almost all the people prefer google as the best search engine. In any case people will not stop to follow google so this really help to get positive review from advertisement.
What do you mean by most people will not stop to follow Google?
post #6 of Old 12-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Make sure if you are paying Google, the content ( end desintation ) on your website is good for the buyer.

If it's crap, they will move on and you just wasted money.
post #7 of Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 AM

It depends on your advertisement. Google is only the way to promote the website but the response is only depend upon the people. If your advertisement is useful for the people then you will surely get good response as there is great amount of traffic on google.
post #8 of Old 12-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walemok View Post
It depends on your advertisement. Google is only the way to promote the website but the response is only depend upon the people. If your advertisement is useful for the people then you will surely get good response as there is great amount of traffic on google.
Yeah, Google is great for ads, but the ad still has to be good, or it won't be that effective.
post #9 of Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 PM

As Google is the largest search engine and it has the huge customer base from all over the world, it gives results in advertising instantly but your advertisement should be done very effectively as there is cut-throat competition all over the world.
post #10 of Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM

According to me, advertisement works very effectively on Google. People have now blind trust on the results of the Google and they like to follow them.
post #11 of Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM

Dont forget you could also advertise on Yahoo and Bing.
post #12 of Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Google AdWords works.

It's probably best to get a professional to do it for you. But it's quite straightforward and you can do it yourself.

Costs can be cut when your website has the right keywords and Ad is effective. SO the highest bidder doesn't necessarily get the 1st ranking.

Try the Keyword Tool to see the keywords you should have on website and the search numbers they trigger
post #13 of Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighti View Post
Google AdWords works.

It's probably best to get a professional to do it for you. But it's quite straightforward and you can do it yourself.

Costs can be cut when your website has the right keywords and Ad is effective. SO the highest bidder doesn't necessarily get the 1st ranking.

Try the Keyword Tool to see the keywords you should have on website and the search numbers they trigger

Very true
post #14 of Old 03-05-2012, 07:16 PM

I am running a campaign right now so time will tell.
post #15 of Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 AM

I think advertising on Google really works as it has the highest number of users than any other search engines and people used to trust the services of Google as it provides best results.
post #16 of Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM

http://www.webpronews.com/google-2011-revenue-breakdown-infographic-2012-01

According to this infographic, Google's revenue's in 2011 were $37.9 Billion, 96% of which came from advertising. Amazon spent $55.2 Million on Adwords alone... I would say advertising on Google definitely works. The question is does it work for you? Maybe, maybe not. I think it depends more on your business model and how much you can afford to pay for a customer. The average cost per click for "Self Employed Health Insurance" is $43.39/click. And that is just to get one person to their website. But maybe they sell a policy worth $12,000/year and they don't have to shell out a dime, pretty good ROI for that particular click. Now if you are only charging $50 for a one-time only driveway cleaning and it costs you $5.00 per click just to get one person to your website (who may or may not call), advertising on Google is probably not going to work for you.
post #17 of Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM

Thats a good point. It is very industry dependent. Some industries or companies would be well served by the predictability of the results you can achieve with Google Adwords with the right campaign. Front page rankings for some industries organically is pretty much impossilbe. However for the power or pressure washing market, especially when talking about the local market, I believe money spend on SEO to achieve natural search engine rankings will equate to the best ROI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode