Does anyone use a flyer delivery service? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By veterancleaninggroup
  • 1 Post By carpetcleaningnorthbay

post #1 of Old 03-12-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone use a flyer delivery service?

If so, what has been your experience (e.g. prices, tips, successes, etc.) I am thinking about printing a bunch of flyers and getting a group to drop them off in different zip codes that I've selected based upon their average property values (indicator of income bracket).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-02-2017, 03:43 AM

I've used a flyer delivery service and the hardest thing is knowing whether they actually delivered.

I got a call one time from a resident of an apartment building advising they found a whole bunch of our flyers in one of their bins. These days I get one of my team members to drive two kids around who distribute the flyers. It's more expensive but at least I know it gets done.
post #3 of Old 08-03-2017, 09:01 AM

Yes, huge waste. You have to hit the same neighbourhood a few times in order to get a return, which adds up quickly. I'd rather market to people who are seeking a home cleaning service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-04-2017, 12:16 AM

I would suggest that if you do commercial,janitorial cleaning to order a bunch of business cards. You can get the cards on ebay at $75 per 5000 units. We got a lot of success by just waking up early and start taping cards on business doors. Start around 4:30 am or 5 so that way you can bypass any curent cleaning crew otherwise they'll throw it away. Now, this could be instant sucess but you've got to give it time. wake up, put cards, repeat.

Godd Luck
Cerulean likes this.

Veteran Cleaning Group
http://www.veterancleaninggroup.com
post #5 of Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veterancleaninggroup View Post
I would suggest that if you do commercial,janitorial cleaning to order a bunch of business cards. You can get the cards on ebay at $75 per 5000 units. We got a lot of success by just waking up early and start taping cards on business doors. Start around 4:30 am or 5 so that way you can bypass any curent cleaning crew otherwise they'll throw it away. Now, this could be instant sucess but you've got to give it time. wake up, put cards, repeat.

Godd Luck
post #6 of Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM

Hmmmm..... I doubt fliers would work all that well. I know how much I hate them when they show up on my car windshield, or stuffed into my mailbox! Glad its working for someone, but its not a route I wish to take. I depend a lot on my good reputation to find new customers, and I use only a few websites that cater to new cleaning customers.
post #7 of Old 08-27-2017, 08:05 AM

Highest Intent

Hey there,

I think when a client/customer or prospect is looking for carpet cleaning it is the highest intent
and therefore flyers - paper ads etc do not work as well as being listed online digitally......
Most of the population will do a "google" search for the service they need and if they need
carpet cleaning you want your website in your market to be in 3 places on that page....

1) paid adwords
2) GMB local map deck
3) organically

Flyers/papers = old school and when those flyers land people may not be in the "highest intent"
phase at that point and will disregard your flyer and not remember your ad....

ONLINE is where you MUST be.

Carpet Cleaning
705-482-0370
post #8 of Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 AM

I agree! But some people say fliers have worked for them. It must depend on the community they serve. Almost all of my work comes from one website which posts requests for cleaning. I also get word of mouth new work. But I am just a very small business with no employees, so it is a bit different from most folk here.
post #9 of Old 09-02-2017, 05:35 PM

In the dark ages before the Web we used flyers and business cards almost exclusively, and we walked them around, and that still works (yes, really). Today you also need to be online. Investigate your competition by doing searches for maid services in your town and check out their websites. You can get great website design on fiverr.com for super cheap as many of the fiverr providers live in India and Indonesia, etc, and a dollar there is like 25 cents here. Many very talented people on fiverr for tons of different services (including flyer design!).
post #10 of Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 AM

I have not used "flyers" at all - I think paper has pretty much moved to digital.
magicleanmaid likes this.

Carpet Cleaning
705-482-0370
post #11 of Old 09-21-2017, 05:36 PM

Since I started my cleaning business I have tried all diferent ways of getting customers. So, I have been distributing flyers for some time but didn't get any phone call. From my experience it was a waste of time. But maybe it depends of your location, since I live in the big city it didn't work for me. But if you live in country side, in smaller town flyers might work.
post #12 of Old 09-21-2017, 05:40 PM

I kind of agree, but in some communities or some countries, fliers would still work. I think you have to evaluate your own territory, and go from there.

Where I live, fliers dont seem to work. What has helped me is having magnetic signs for my car's doors, word of mouth, and online job hunting. Where I live - is fairly wealthy. (I am NOT! LOL!) I live near the coast in Florida, where a lot of people have money to spare.

NOW: a question for all of you: I had been ordering magnetic signs from one company, because they are cheap. However, you have to REMOVE them every day or they melt in Florida's hot climate. Does anyone know of magnetic car signs that will NOT melt, if you leave them on all the time??? Those car signs have really helped me, but it is a pain in the butt to remove them every afternoon after work.
post #13 of Old 09-22-2017, 09:55 AM

I'm new to the cleaning business however I do own a graphic design company and once upon a time we offered door to door flyer distribution for local clients.
What I can tell you about flyer and door hanger distribution is it works. Our clients saw great results however, with that said, it really does depend
on your offer and the design.

Our clients saw better results when including a great offer and had a simple but professional design. The clients that provided their own flyers or door hangers
often didn't see as good results because the designs were sub-par and often didn't include an offer with call to action.

Just to let you know, our walkers walked for 3 hours a day and could deliver 250-300 door hangers or flyers. When you have a team of 2 you can hit 2500-3000 weekly.

If you decide to use door hangers or flyers make sure to include a great offer and pay a graphic designer with direct marketing experience to design a great flyer that
will convert for you.

Last edited by LetsClean; 11-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.
post #14 of Old 10-30-2017, 01:14 PM

I disagree with those saying flyers don't work. But I do agree they need to be done repetitively. Flyers are similar to mailer inserts, postcard mailing etc. Over time they can work. You want to compare cost of delivery to other methods however. Flyer delivery is pretty expensive and can cost more than postal mailings depending. I have found web advertising and mailer inserts to be a better deal for window cleaning and gutter cleaning service.

Top Notch Window and Gutter Cleaning
post #15 of Old 12-13-2017, 04:01 PM

I agree that when a customer or prospect is looking for carpet cleaning they most likely will pull out their phone and start searching for<a href="https://newgenrestores.com">carpet cleaning</a>. Online is taking over the market. Although print ads can do well in right time right place scenarios.
post #16 of Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 PM

Red face Carpet Cleaning Charlotte

Hey everyone,

I agree that most people looking for carpet cleaning are going to be looking at companies on the internet. Spending their time talking on support/community groups on social media or just simply looking at it online. I believe that print ads can be good for right place right time, and other minor situations, but the majority of the action as far as lead generation are probably online. Love this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode