Door to door flyers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Door to door flyers

Does anyone go door to door and put flyers at people's houses? Do you knock or do you just leave the flyer in the door?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Hi Natural Dry,

Why? To advertise. One could use the networking sites, like facebook, and other blogs too. World wide web make the move, move moves.

auckland carpet steamndry
12 Culperry Road Glendene Auckland New Zealand
09 836-5498
carpet cleaning, Repairs and Laying, upholstery cleaning Auckland, Flood restoration, pest control
post #3 of Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM

we do door to door, we pay kids in school to go around and hang door hangers.. a good way to cover alot of ground..

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Have you gotten a good response from the door hangers?
post #5 of Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM

We have a rule of 6 door hangers at every job site. That is, we put door hangers on the houses that are the neighbors of the one we just cleaned, and always a yard sign too.
post #6 of Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM

yes we actually have had a better than expected response.. 0 complaints to date, I think that since it is a new service to just about every area, no one gets mad at seeing new information that could help.. Now putting out lawn-care door hangers might start to annoy people.. The best part is you can pick houses that you want to target that are dirty and skip ones that are not.. we still get calls from ones we put out the first week of last year, people tend to hold on to things like that for the spring.. We do the same thing as above when we leave a job.. Two flyers on each side of the house and the two houses across the street!

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia

post #7 of Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourroofcleaner View Post
We have a rule of 6 door hangers at every job site. That is, we put door hangers on the houses that are the neighbors of the one we just cleaned, and always a yard sign too.
We also do the 5+ around thing. If we have more time, we will hit the entire neighborhood. We've been able to keep our business very local, this way.

Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care

Serving Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Raleigh NC
post #8 of Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM

Great idea! Thanks for the tips!

The Web's Largest Cleaning and Stain Removal Database.

Visit the Remove Stains Website Today

Last edited by remove stain; 03-07-2013 at 11:24 AM.
post #9 of Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM

I need to come up with my own 6 hangers rule. I should've thought of this much sooner!

House Cleaning Service Daphne Alabama
post #10 of Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 PM

Door hangers work well if done right, but I prefer direct mail over door hangers. I use them when I do a job and go 3 neighbors to the left, 3 neighbors to the right, and 3 across the street. If there is ever a situation where you waiting on a key from a client to clean, or your employees are left with nothing to do because of a clients mistake send them out to flyer or door hanger the whole neighborhood. It's a better use of time then twiddling your thumbs waiting for the client.
post #11 of Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

We have been doing a bunch of direct mail to.
post #12 of Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Where do you order your door hangers online?
post #13 of Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM

Flyering is essential
post #14 of Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldry View Post
Where do you order your door hangers online?
Best price I found was Uprinting.com. I paid about $450 or so for 5,000 door hangers double-sided, glossy, full color, jumbo size.
post #15 of Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 PM

Completely Maid is located in Northbrook IL and I am a little hesitant on putting flyers out - it is an area where I don't think people appreciate it. Any other alternatives to the flyer or door hanger method. Has anyone tried mr. coupon or valpak?

Completely Maid - Residential and Commercial Cleaning and Maid Services
post #16 of Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelymaid View Post
Completely Maid is located in Northbrook IL and I am a little hesitant on putting flyers out - it is an area where I don't think people appreciate it. Any other alternatives to the flyer or door hanger method. Has anyone tried mr. coupon or valpak?
From what I've heard and researched valpak is very ineffective. The only people that open these are those that are usually very frugal or cheap, and often looking for one time "deals". Correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think you can choose a demographic with these either so most of the people that receive them may not be able to afford a high end maid service. Also, your coupon is in there with 20 or 30 other ones so it doesn't get looked at for more then a split second (who is gonna read all the copywriting on 30 ads?).
post #17 of Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM

I know I throw away direct mail. I suggest build your social media crowd. Advertise where the people are looking. Some housing developments prohibit hanging promotional materials.
post #18 of Old 04-19-2013, 04:15 PM

I also think passing them out after a job sounds great. I'm just worried that people will complain in this area about receiving "junk mail."
post #19 of Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM

I have zero complaints (regarding flyering) so far in high end neighborhoods with $350,000+ homes. The wealthy understand the hardwork behind running a business and they usually value work ethic and entrepreneurship. I did have a day where it got windy and they blew off, but I sent the cleaners back out to pick them up and people saw that and were shocked. If you do get complaints simply explain that business is slowing down and your company is trying to keep everyone working. If you do the 9 door hanger rule for every home you clean and you clean 20 homes a week, your should get about 1-2 new leads a week from something that takes an extra 5 minutes per job. Combine this with referrals (if your doing a good job cleaning), and a good ranked website, and your looking at 4-6 leads a week, enough to grow your business without spending a dime on advertising (well, ok maybe a few bucks, but not much). If you get one new lead a day, and have high customer retention numbers, estimate jobs properly, and a high close rate, you could exceed $1 million in revenue after two years by getting 300 or so house cleaning accounts multiplied by around $3,000+ revenue per client. I don't even do one time cleanings.

Last edited by MajesticMaids; 04-25-2013 at 08:42 AM.
post #20 of Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM

We have only ever gotten 1 person from our door hanger. We will not do it again. We have never had a complaint.

-Crista

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode