door hangers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

door hangers

Can anyone reccomend a source for ordering door hangers? Ive seen blank ones at office depot I could print myself but not sure if its worth using all my own ink and whatever. I think Id rather order them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

I have always had a great experience with www.PrintingForLess.com - prices are pretty good and the customer service has been fantastic. They also have professional design services if you want some slick graphics for the door hangers.

David Murphy | E-Marketing Coordinator
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services
ServiceMaster 24 Hour
post #3 of Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM

I've used http://www.psprint.com/door-hangers before. Do you track customer conversion from your door-hanger advertisement?

Olena
Clean4Real House cleaning services
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 PM

For door hangers, I would highly recommend PrintPlace.com. I've got this video from their channel if you need more info about how they print your door hangers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KkOwEyYyU
post #5 of Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 PM

Printplace? Do you know the owner Shawn? Him and my buddy Kevin are in Iowa this week racing sprintcars. By the way... if you know of anyone needing a job and is a fabricator, Shawn at Printplace is looking for any and all types of mechanics to work on his race cars. I think he needs a couple of CDL truck drivers too.
post #6 of Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Smile Door hangars

Does anyone have any data proving this type of marketing works? I have consider using this but before putting out the money I am trying to get some feedback on profitability.
post #7 of Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Kathy,

Door hangers are only a small part of your marketing campaign. Unless you have a very strong web presence (1st pages on your keywords search returns) and personal referrals, distributing the door hangers could be a useful way of getting your company's name out. Estimated return on direct mailers is 1.5 - 2%, so the door hangers could be in the same range as well. We get more calls from our on-line presence, even though we still use door hangers.

Olena
Clean4Real Cleaning Services
post #8 of Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 PM

Personally, I like flyers because I control who calls me. If I don't want calls from 25 miles away... I don't pass out flyers there. Right now 98% of my clients are within 4 miles. That's a direct result of me only passing flyers out within that area. And 1 of the 2 clients that are out of that area called because he got a flyer. The guy I had passing out flyers had an iq of about 40 so he passed flyers out over by his house... 15 miles away... but it takes 1.75 hours for $140 so I can't let that one go. And another lesson learned... don't let the flyer people take home any flyers because they are $5 an hour people and don't understand how business works.
post #9 of Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 AM

I never have any luck with door hangers but I feel leaving a few around the neighborhood your working n is a good idea. Still no real luck though really.

Carpet cleaner Los Angeles

Carpet cleaner Pasadena

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #10 of Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 PM

From what I can tell the reason I have so much luck with flyers is this.

I don't make it take 3-10 minutes to read. I make mine 20 seconds long.

I don't put pretty little pictures all over it. But I am on board with a SMALL picture of yourself.

I don't make my flyer in to a story and put things in it that are useless and take up space (20 seconds to read)

I use a flyer because the print is bigger.

I also use a flyer because I can print them myself or a few at a time so I can change it if I decide I don't like it.

I don't put them in a bag and throw them in the driveway.

I don't wrap a rubber band around it making it a PITA (pain in the ass) to get open.

I have a rule that our company only cleans one first time in a day which I can also control with flyers. The first 1000 flyers we pass out we might get a call or 2 but by the time we pass out 5000 flyers the calls start rolling in too fast so we back off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode