Google Adwords - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Google Adwords

I have been hearing a lot of things about Google Adwords and i'm wondering whether anyone has had success using them? Also I know it may not be possible to tell me an exact budget, but approximately how much would I have to spend per day or month to drive in a good amount of traffic to my website?

Anything else that you think I should know about while using Adwords would be helpful i'm trying to find other ways to market besides my standard cold calling and mailers.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-19-2011, 07:39 PM

no clue what you do or what the bid price is in your area

first couple things you'll want to do is set an area radius around your house. me, i use 12 miles. take a couple terms you want to rank for. choose those and see what you get for returns.

in my case adwords costs me about 10-15% of made money

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #3 of Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanerbytheMinute View Post
Also I know it may not be possible to tell me an exact budget, but approximately how much would I have to spend per day or month to drive in a good amount of traffic to my website?
As Raceburn says, it is completely impossible to tell what a good spend might be - it totally depends upon what the going rate for your relevant keywords in your relevant geographic location is.

You can easily set what amount you want to spend on it though, and you can restrict the number of keywords you want to use, so you can be quite cautious when using it, if you prefer to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanerbytheMinute View Post
Anything else that you think I should know about while using Adwords would be helpful i'm trying to find other ways to market besides my standard cold calling and mailers.
You shouldn't just be thinking about adwords - you should also think about SEO to increase the amount of organic traffic to your website. The advantage with SEO is that the work can have a lasting impact, although it can take a little while to start having an impact initially. With Adwords, as soon as you stop paying for it, you stop getting traffic directed to you.

There is absolutely tons of advice about SEO out there - just do a search for SEO tips in Google and start reading up on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briensmith19 View Post
Google AdWords is Google's main advertising product and main source of revenue. Google's total advertising revenues were USD$28 billion in 2010. AdWords offers pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, cost-per-thousand (CPM) advertising, and site-targeted advertising for text, banner, and rich-media ads. The AdWords program includes local, national, and international distribution. Google's text advertisements are short, consisting of one headline consisting of 25 characters and two additional text lines consisting of 35 characters each. Image ads can be one of several different Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard sizes.
It is not only for advertising.. It is a powerful SEO tool that can help you with the rankings

post #5 of Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Response

Google Adwords can be pretty expensive. If you realize you can't afford it, there are local companies that do similar things but are cheaper. I think they are pretty good at promoting your website. Good Luck!

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #6 of Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM

adwords can be anywhere from $2-$8 a click. adds up quick. check out google locations too. thats what pops up when somebody searches for a business in a specific location. If your going to do google adwords start out small and experiment with it. Trial by error.

check out www.bidcleangrow.com for tools and blogs that help you start and grow your cleaning business.
post #7 of Old 07-16-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for the feedback. My adwords were too broad, I had phrases such ad office cleaning and janitorial services. I have tried to narrow it down such as office cleaning in cherry hill or south jersey for example. Just not seeing much traffic. Perhaps my bid amount is too low
post #8 of Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 AM

Hi Cleanerbytheminute

Why don't you sign off your post with links to your websites.

This will help your ranking as Spiders realize that your websites have in links.

Would like to see your website. google also ranks websites and gives it a score - and mainly its to do with content.

Don't forget Google Places if you're not using it yet.

Post some videos on YouTube with links to your websites.

Cheers
post #9 of Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM

Google Adwords is best SEO tools for advertising.
post #10 of Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 AM

I think it all about your area that how much bid rate is there and it also depend on your budget that how much you want to invest however it is very keen and effective way to get traffic on your website.
post #11 of Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM

Google Adwords is the best tool that allows to get the chosen audience. It is customizable, efficient and affordable in the campaign. It also provide a guidance to improve the results of the business.
post #12 of Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM

Google adwords is one of the best tool to increase website visitors through placing advertise in other site. It is also a great tool for suggesting keyword for our site to optimize in search engine.
post #13 of Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM

You can use AdSense for generating some traffic to your site. If you don't want add appearing on your main webpages, you can set a "search results" page and the adds from Google will be appearing only there. They promise to display only relevant to, in this case cleaning, your business adds.

Clean4Real Cleaning Services
post #14 of Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloun View Post
You can use AdSense for generating some traffic to your site. If you don't want add appearing on your main webpages, you can set a "search results" page and the adds from Google will be appearing only there. They promise to display only relevant to, in this case cleaning, your business adds.

Clean4Real Cleaning Services
IMHO, adding Ad Sense to your site cheapen your brand.
Just my thoughts.
post #15 of Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 AM

adsense will draw traffic away from your site if anything, it's like your asking people to leave your site. adwords can be good at driving traffic to your site, but don't leave it at that. you'll need to keep up with the other aspects of digital marketing like content, linking, and on page optimization
post #16 of Old 03-26-2012, 05:30 AM

If you have the ability to make landing pages it would be a big help too.
post #17 of Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM

I tried Adwords in New York, and some key words shot up to $20
I know that New York is expected to have high prices but this is extremely high.
Now imagine someone clicking on it by accident they enter your site and exit right away, and that lowers your site ranking.

Thomas Cholewik
Busy Bee Cleaning Service
post #18 of Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_cleaner:) View Post
I tried Adwords in New York, and some key words shot up to $20
I know that New York is expected to have high prices but this is extremely high.
Now imagine someone clicking on it by accident they enter your site and exit right away, and that lowers your site ranking.

I would imagine that because "New York" is one of the largest markets, hence the higher bids.
post #19 of Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 AM

Google Adwords is the type of services which is given by Google. It allows you to perform advertisements and design on Search Engine. It is great place for the people who want to promote their business. More over it is cost effective.
post #20 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicExteriorCleaning View Post
I would imagine that because "New York" is one of the largest markets, hence the higher bids.
I absolutely agree that New York is one of the largest, but my concern is that I ended up spending a lot of money per click, nearly half of the clicks ended up coming form job seekers ( in spite of the fact that i blocked the words: Jobs, employment etc.), and of course not all prospective customers actually decide to go for our services.

As a result of that we could be talking about maybe $50 per actual new customer(this is not a reliable estimate), and if we are talking about a one time job this just might be the money that you normally keep after paying costs of employee's pay, and the supplies.

But don't get me wrong Adwords still could be a good form of advertising, it just didn't work out for our service area.

Thomas Cholewik
Busy Bee Cleaning Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode