Help with Web Optimization/Content Mangement - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Help with Web Optimization/Content Mangement

Can someone help or suggest a way of updating or incorporating content management software into a website. We currently use a company who charges between 200 and 300 a month to maintain the site. Regular maintenance includes change of keywords, update content and so on as so forth. We are still a small family run-company so this is too much for us.

Is there someone who can help with web placement on the first page of major search engines using natural methods without charging too much or even do it free? At the moment we have spent a lot of money of companies who promised a lot but deliver little or nothing at all. Your ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 PM

Hi
It really depends what keywords are you targeting.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=london+cleaning
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...eaning+service
or
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...eaning+service

In google positioning the best way to start this is link exchange , directory submissions ect, and I'm sure your website (very nice design) will be on the 1st page. Paying for maintein the website, keywords change ? 300 ?? doesn't make much sense to me. You should pay for hosting thats all and start seo on the net
post #3 of Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Nia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabica View Post
Can someone help or suggest a way of updating or incorporating content management software into a website. We currently use a company who charges between 200 and 300 a month to maintain the site. Regular maintenance includes change of keywords, update content and so on as so forth. We are still a small family run-company so this is too much for us.

Is there someone who can help with web placement on the first page of major search engines using natural methods without charging too much or even do it free? At the moment we have spent a lot of money of companies who promised a lot but deliver little or nothing at all. Your ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have a great company that will teach you how to do organic placement yourself if you don't want to spend the money. It just takes dedication and your time. I don't think I have enough post to post their info but you can link to my signature at the bottom and call me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM

I'm trying to do the optimization of my website by myself more than 4 month, but I guess it's impossible. I read all google webmaster guidlines, trying to do link exchange, I even placed their ads on my website, but nothing happened, I mean they didn't place my listing on their website, so I don't know what to do...and I can't afford to pay different companies that maybe can help
post #5 of Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabica View Post

OK well I'm going to go on the presumtion that your content management system is PHP? Most of them are. The issue you are running into is that google or any other search engine does not like PHP for placement. Why? Cause it's dynamic. It calls on code to perfrom a function. The function is an can be dynamic, meaning it changes according to the information you request from it. Anyway that's your problem. In most cases there are codes you can place in your pages to help siders read them. But it's not 100% fool proof. Many companies will opt for an HTML index page (starting page) because that is what the search engines spider start off with in their crawling. You can place other files in your root directory to control how a spider looks over your site but in most cases, just getting it to read over a really good index page is all you need. Other pages will help in listing you, but your index page is your KEY.
I started out using a software package called.
http://www.ibusinesspromoter.com/
It has done mazing things for me.
post #6 of Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Love to trade links with any one!!
I am an SEO expert that happens to own a cleaning company.

http://duracleanaustin.com/

Austin Carpet Cleaning
post #7 of Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
HBF

I started offering website optimization. There are many factors involved in getting on the first page of google, not only link exchange. If you are interested, you can visti my site at http://www.businessformsstore.com/website_optimization and see what i offer. You can also email me and i will take a peek at what you have done so far.
post #8 of Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
I have a great company that will teach you how to do organic placement yourself if you don't want to spend the money. It just takes dedication and your time. I don't think I have enough post to post their info but you can link to my signature at the bottom and call me.

Just looking at your signature line and for which keywords you were trying to attain rank I knew you meant Web First. Tell Mike/Shane I said hello

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #9 of Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatestclean View Post
I'm trying to do the optimization of my website by myself more than 4 month, but I guess it's impossible. I read all google webmaster guidlines, trying to do link exchange, I even placed their ads on my website, but nothing happened, I mean they didn't place my listing on their website, so I don't know what to do...and I can't afford to pay different companies that maybe can help
What kind of optimization have you done?
Some issues that stand out:
1. Your content is weak. There is very little written and in turn, very little keyword density.
2. Your internal link structure is non-existant. There is a listing of generic menu link on the sidebar. That needs work.
3. Your title is all scrunched together. I am not sure if Google is reading that correctly or not.
4. You have no alt tags on your graphics.
5. YOU HAVE NO INLINKS. This is what is causing you to sit in the corner with no one paying attention to you. To start listing for keywords such as "house cleaning" with a newer domain, you need tons (maybe thousands) of inlinks.
6. Your signature lines use no link text. Look at my signature to understand.

Those are all very basic SEO practices. Get those six in line. Start bloging and writing articles with link back to your site. Sign up for social bookmarking networks. Use Web2.0 resources such as YouTube to get your message out. Put a bit more writing on your website. Yes, if you listed all in one column it looks like a run on sentence but you definitely need more than is there. Keep in mind, even if people find your site, if the content is not good, they won't buy.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #10 of Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode