how do you approach marketing? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

how do you approach marketing?

I have a full time job already so driving around and passing out flyers isn't ideal for me. I have in the past week mailed about 50 sales letters to lawyers, real estate offices, a few doctor and dentist office's. The letters all have a sales letter with all my business information, a flyer and my business card. Currently my business has no accounts so I'm really hoping the direct mailing will bring some phone calls and interest. I'm also prepared to send emails and I've created a few cold calling scripts for the different types of businesss I'm targeting. Has anyone else tried this approach? How long did it take for you to land your first walk through? Your first account? I've been marketing for just over a month and my phone hasn't rung and I've received no emails. It feels like ill never get any interest in my services. I've done craigslist ads, Twitter, fb and my website. Am I missing anything? How do you market?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 AM

how do you approach marketing?

Marketingis a process,onehelendshimselfcreativity, enthusiasmand innovation.Marketingplanrequiresthat informationavailablewithin an organizationexternalto the organizationinformation.Development ofa marketing plancan be viewedin a variety of ways, of course,is affected by thesize of theOrganization,a number of productsandservices offeredas well as thenumber and size oftarget marketsegments.

There are six directions to approach marketing:

1) situation analysis
2) quantifying goals
3 )strategies and tactics) to meet goals
4) responsibility/responsibility) to complete tactics
5) to develop a budget.
6) ongoing monitoring and tuning
post #3 of Old 10-11-2013, 02:00 AM

The first marketing tips is done from referral, we need to have a strong community for referring our business and talking about this a lot to generate mouth publicity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Just so you know going after commercial clients is not the fastest way to get clients. I help other cleaning professionals grow their businesses very quickly.

If commercial clients is the approach you want to take I am going to walk you through a very effective way of doing this. The problem with sending the mail out the way you are doing it is that they have gate keepers that open the mail and most the time it will just be thrown away before the decision maker ever sees it, and that is just money you are throwing out the window.

So try this out before sending another flyer out.

Go to manta dot com you can look at businesses in your area based on the criteria you setup. It will tell you the address of the business and the owner of the business as well (very important only use account that say they have been verified my manta)

Now go to walmart or office depot and get those protected envelpes (the ones that are bulky and have the bubble wrap inside) also get a larger one that just an envelope size

Next thing you are going to do is type up a sales letter just like you were before, but this time rather than just keeping it generic address the person by name and make it as personal as possible. (if you want it to be very personal handwrite the sales letter)

Again put you business card in the protected envelope along with something bulky like a pen with your business name on it (you can get that type of stuff from vista print for very cheap prices)

Then seal the envelope and address it to the business owners name, do not put anything about your business on the outside of the envelope and mail it off.

This works much better because when the gate keep gets the letter it looks as if the owner has ordered something so they will not open it and it will go directly to him (the decision maker)

I get around a 30-40% conversion rate with this process so even though it cost me about $10 per envelope sent it more than pays for itself. also try this in batches of about 10 and give it about 4 days before sending the next batch.

Again like i said if you are just starting out I would recommend another strategy that works much better at getting residential cleaning clients if that is something you might be interested in just check out my site below.

I run my own cleaning business, and have a background in marketing. I help others to grow their cleaning business on my website at http://everybodycleanup.com
post #5 of Old 12-11-2014, 10:27 AM

Now a days business which are online doing well, in terms of business and revenue. So having a website and promoting it with online marketing efforts can be very useful. We can paid advertising and other campaigns to get quick results.
post #6 of Old 01-13-2015, 08:34 PM

The owner of a cleaning service, I still approach marketing the old-fashioned way -- running ads in the local paper. I also have a blog, offering free cleaning tips and advice:

http://www.cleanwithasmile.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mattjanacone; 01-13-2015 at 09:23 PM.
post #7 of Old 01-15-2015, 03:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to perfectionmaideasy
If Yelp is big in your area, then what I would do is offer cleaning services to friends or family in return for an honest review of the cleaning service. Do whatever it takes to get 5-7 good reviews on yelp. Once you get there, you'll start seeing a noticeable increase in the amount of traffic you're getting to your website as well as leads via phone calls.

On top of Yelp, I would start doing social media marketing, reaching out to influential bloggers in your area and offering them a cleaning service in return for a review of your service on their website. Many bloggers have huge followings and that is a great way to get some initial clients
post #8 of Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM

Excellent idea!

Excellent idea! Thank you very much.
post #9 of Old 01-15-2015, 07:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to perfectionmaideasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjanacone View Post
Excellent idea! Thank you very much.
no problem! that's how i started my company a year ago
post #10 of Old 01-20-2015, 12:22 PM

I love perfectionmaideasy ideas, very helpful indeed, also, don't forget to include SEO in your plans, it can be expensive but very helpful in the long run.

Now accepting guest posts - The best carpet cleaning services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode