Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

How do you price residential and commercial jobs ?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DeanPaladin 
#1 ·
I'm obviously new at this, I'm looking for some much needed advice on this topic. What have you found is the best method to pricing jobs. And also , do yo always drive out to prospective areas to provide quotes ?

#2 ·
Hey, I suggest you to check the prices of your competitors - they usually have them on their websites or you can call them and ask for a quote. You can call them to come and clean your home and you would know exactly how they perform and what is the price for that service and based on this you could make some estimated price. At least, in the beginning, this is how I've been calculating the price for my services.

#3 ·
You sound like someone that does not have a lot of knowledge of this industry. My recommendation to you is to invest in working for another duct cleaning / house cleaning/ whatever company for at least 3 months. Ask lots of questions and get to understand the business. Best way is to get a job outside of your territory and tell the company you want to work for them to learn the business. Let them know you are willing to commit XX amount of time without quitting and that you will work for low wages in exchange for knowledge. The right company will love to help you.

Eric
Air Health Services Bellingham

#5 · (Edited)
From my experience, it's great to start by understanding your costs – supplies, labor, and overheads. Then, check out local rates and adjust based on your value and competition. And yep, driving out for quotes can give you a clearer picture of the job. It's like getting to know your canvas before you paint. Also, hire people with experience or at least passed important exams, like Sarkari Exam. I hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.