How do you price residential and commercial jobs ? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-17-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

How do you price residential and commercial jobs ?

I'm obviously new at this, I'm looking for some much needed advice on this topic. What have you found is the best method to pricing jobs. And also , do yo always drive out to prospective areas to provide quotes ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-18-2019, 06:46 AM

Hey, I suggest you to check the prices of your competitors - they usually have them on their websites or you can call them and ask for a quote. You can call them to come and clean your home and you would know exactly how they perform and what is the price for that service and based on this you could make some estimated price. At least, in the beginning, this is how I've been calculating the price for my services.
post #3 of Old 08-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Cleanrthanu …… Good ?... 1 pricing option is g by the Clean Times given that are listed on a Cleaning Times Guide below is a link to 1 of them.
https://www.parish-supply.com/pdf/IS...ning-Times.pdf

This is a GUIDE and your cleaning time maybe faster or slower than the listed time, but it is a starting point.
2. Option..There are also Janitorial Service pricing programs such as Cleanbid.com which offers a Free 30 day trial-- you enter in the sq. ft. etc and it gives you a bid + a nice printout to give or email to a potential customer.

3. Option is give your own estimate or ask the customer what is it worth to them to have a clean office space?--sometimes the customer will give you a price up front, it has happened for me on several occasions and No, it isn't always a low offer.

Good Bidding, hey I have made some bidding Boo Boos, so you learn from it, and you will be more prepared for the next bid that comes your way. Take notes: keep track of Your Cleaning Time for: a desktop, vacuuming--how many sq ft per minute? or hour?, windows, restrooms, trash & recycle, kitchen etc.

Brad BD Janitorial
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-09-2019, 01:14 PM

You sound like someone that does not have a lot of knowledge of this industry. My recommendation to you is to invest in working for another duct cleaning / house cleaning/ whatever company for at least 3 months. Ask lots of questions and get to understand the business. Best way is to get a job outside of your territory and tell the company you want to work for them to learn the business. Let them know you are willing to commit XX amount of time without quitting and that you will work for low wages in exchange for knowledge. The right company will love to help you.

Eric
Air Health Services Bellingham

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode