I have a website, now what? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

I have a website, now what?

I have a website, now what?

Where do you suggest I advertise it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM

Just my 2 cents

I would find any online free advertsing and submit a ad with your website information and sit back and wait for the clients to respond, you can also try craigslist too.
post #3 of Old 08-11-2008, 10:41 AM

The most important thing I did when first starting my home cleaning business was to build a mailing list. Start a contest and give away a prize every month.

Cheaper prizes work better because people falsely assume they have a better chance of winning.

Next, get an account with AWeber. They will generate all the code you need to collect names for a mailing list.

Finally, advertize your site EVERYWHERE... Put your web site on your business cards and hand them out. Try to get as many signups as possible.

Once you have a list of about 200 qualified people, you can try sending out periodic newsletters. Make sure they have a high signal-to-noise ratio or they'll get trashed. Heavy on content, light on selling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Optimize for search engines

While building the mailing list is a fantastic idea, It's kind of a different animal entirely.

Free adverting is also helpful, but often more time consuming than worth the return. You would be much better off doing link exchanges with other local businesses.

What I would do is make sure your website is ranking well with the search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN). There are a tone of ways to do this, but starting off, I would make sure your site has pertinent information to what your potential customers would be looking for.

Take a minute to think about how your customers would google to find you and make sure you have those phrases in your website.

Also make sure your local information is posted prominently because most people are going to search for things like "house cleaning in Orlando" or "cleaning services Phoenix"

You can do a lot more in this area, but it's a good start.
post #5 of Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 PM

Back links!!!
That will help get you up in the engines!

Carpet Cleaning Austin
post #6 of Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 AM
HBF

You want to make sure your site is optimized for search...meaning you have the proper metatags, keywords, description, content to be sure when people search for you, they will find you. If you do not, it doesn't matter how "pretty" your site is, it won't be found. Then you want to submit your site to the search engines. You also want to get on all the free directories you can as well as link exchanges. There is a lot involved in it. If you need help, we offer website optimization. We have helped others get to the top of Google in one week.

Good luck!
Stacy
http://www.businessformsstore.com
post #7 of Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBF View Post
You want to make sure your site is optimized for search...meaning you have the proper metatags, keywords, description, content to be sure when people search for you, they will find you. If you do not, it doesn't matter how "pretty" your site is, it won't be found. Then you want to submit your site to the search engines. You also want to get on all the free directories you can as well as link exchanges. There is a lot involved in it. If you need help, we offer website optimization. We have helped others get to the top of Google in one week.

Good luck!
Stacy
http://www.businessformsstore.com
how much would that cost?
thnks
post #8 of Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
HBF

We have several packages which offer different things. Click here to see the packages. If you have any questions, email me.
post #9 of Old 12-16-2008, 12:31 PM

A good website with a good community and allot of good advice is seochat.com

It is a forum just like this and many people come to it to ask many questions about all kinds. The forum leaders are surprisingly very patient with the people who are new to the field.
post #11 of Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Google
Bing
Superpages
yellowbook
just to list a few
post #12 of Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Hello isitel, web-site is a full time job, i would start from:
1. keywords research
2. content building and optimization
3. building social accounts(twitter, facebook etc)
4. link building

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode