This is interesting... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-29-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

This is interesting...

...a local cleaning company ran a Living Social deal a few weeks ago and sold over 260 deals.

They are currently running a Groupon deal, and have sold 397 so far...the deal is still open to more buyers.

The deal is for three hours of housecleaning for $56. Someone asked (in the comments section) what is included. The owner said it does not include bathrooms - just wiping down things, sweeping, and dusting!

That company has between 4-6 employees, from what I've heard. The LS deal expires in October of this year, and the Groupon deal expires in one year. So, they have about 660 cleanings to do before the end of the year, and all at a highly discounted rate.

How are they going to accomodate all those cleanings? And...I've read reviews about them, and some people say they haven't shown up for their scheduled cleanings and aren't returning their calls.

The owner of the business commented on MY Groupon deal back in April (there is a comments section for each deal). He asked the following question: "Why don't you offer a money-back guarantee? <his company name> does."

I responded by explaining (briefly) why I do not offer a money-back guarantee, and why it is the industry standard not to.

I have good reason to believe that this same person called me the day of my Groupon deal to ask a ton of questions about what I do..."What do you use on wood floors? Where do you buy the products? What is your hourly rate? Do you move clutter? Do you wash dishes?" etc.

Ugh...some people...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode