Linking With Other Cleaning Services - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Linking With Other Cleaning Services

Since I only service the State of Arkansas, I am working on putting together a directory page that will link to other cleaning services in different states. I would allow 1 company per state for free of course. My goal is to provide a more informative site, and especially since I am getting traffic from other parts of the USA. They say this can help your SEO when you link to other businesses that are relevant to your site. Has anyone had any experience with doing this? How do you go about contacting cleaners in other states to list them on your site?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I would just be sure you can "trust" the people you are linking with
post #3 of Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyGLO79 View Post
Since I only service the State of Arkansas, I am working on putting together a directory page that will link to other cleaning services in different states. I would allow 1 company per state for free of course. My goal is to provide a more informative site, and especially since I am getting traffic from other parts of the USA. They say this can help your SEO when you link to other businesses that are relevant to your site. Has anyone had any experience with doing this? How do you go about contacting cleaners in other states to list them on your site?

A new "link" page will have very little PR. The only PR juice coming from your own page links. You can SEO that page but Google doesn't highly rank link pages.

Unless the links are on your landing page, they will pass very little link juice and who wants a spammy landing page.

Lastly, the outbound links from a page affect the value of the link. 50 OBL's on a page would drive the value very low.

Tips
Keep your link partners to under 20
Only partner link with sites with a PR1 or higher link page
Make sure they link you back

Over The Top Roof Cleaning
513-341-8444
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Lightbulb

Sounds like a good idea, PropertyGLO, I've been toying with similar thoughts for our website.

As far as finding linking partners, simple Google searches might be best there. If a business is ranking fairly well for "commercial cleaning [insert state here]" or whichever keyword you want to choose, chances are they have a reciprocal linking program.

Their website is also obviously seen as valuable by Google so links from them will be more valuable for you. Just be sure to go through the site and make sure they are a legitimate business and would be something that you would feel comfortable recommending to your visitors.

PS We'd be happy to be part of your Colorado listing in exchange for a reciprocal link.

David Murphy | E-Marketing Coordinator
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services
ServiceMaster 24 Hour
post #5 of Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 AM

We do plan to link with local companies, but as I posted earlier, be sure you can trust your vendors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode