Marketing help! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of Old 03-07-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Marketing help!

What has been the most effective marketing material for you? Flyers? Business Cards? Door Hangers? Can I see some samples of your flyers!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-12-2017, 04:16 PM

It depends on who you are targeting, but for internet marketing, Cost Per Click advertising is really the simplest and easiest to track... and therefore optimize.
post #3 of Old 03-14-2017, 02:22 PM

Search Results Help

If you are interested in search results for your business, may I suggest watching this guy's youtube video, 23 minutes, the link is below. He goes thru the basics of how search works, has some free stuff and has some pay for courses as well. Brad BD Janitorial.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99oLPkmHYJo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-05-2017, 08:46 PM

If you need a tool to bring your product to your customers you can see this software of Walt Bayliss, i tried and it's very good

Webinar JEO review from Walt Bayliss
post #5 of Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huytran97tnut View Post
If you need a tool to bring your product to your customers you can see this software of Walt Bayliss, i tried and it's very good
Seriously?
Software to use webinars to promote cleaning businesses?

I mean, I can get past the simple fact that the landing page is NOT the actual software sales page but actually a review site for the software? Usually these review sites are... simply affiliate promotions of a product they are 'reviewing'....
So, knowing the landing page is an affiliate promotion and that you are either plugging it because you are the affiliate hoping some poor soul will click on it and buy it so you catch an affiliate fee -or- you were paid by the affiliate to place this (and many more like it on many other forums), I took the time to go to the website.

Hopefully you can come back and explain how a cleaning business would use webinars to promote their business so that a better understanding of why this promotion was made.?

Smart cleaners clean and let promoters promote. I promote, check out how I do it here.
post #6 of Old 08-21-2017, 01:41 PM

I find Flyers, Business Cards and Door Hangers to be old school, I prefer Facebook marketing or bidding for keywords in Google/Bing
Bunga likes this.
post #7 of Old 08-21-2017, 06:02 PM

Maybe I'm not in the "big league" some of you guys are. I only use a couple of online sites where people post their cleaning needs,. Mostly residential, some commercial. I post my profile, emphasizing the things about me that make me outstanding, and customers can post reviews of my work. I word my profile carefully, because I do not want to be dishonest about things. Using two online sites, I get all the work I need, being a one-person cleaning company with NO employees. NOR do I want employees, because I could not guarantee the quality of work of an employee.

Work of mouth has also been a big help to me. A customer will mention me to a neighbor, and the neighbor will call me and there - poof! a new customer. To do this you just have to do a very good job and show a lot of pride in your work. I manage to stay fully booked this way. But again - I am not in the "big league" with multiple employees, etc. Not my style at all.
Annie
post #8 of Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 PM

We don't use flyers at all, only the big franchises do around here. Word of mouth referrals, Google & Facebook ads, SEO and direct sales are probably your best bet. Direct Sales can be very powerful if you research are commercial market segment you are interested in, talk your way in for a free test clean and quote.
post #9 of Old 09-23-2017, 04:55 PM

Using the Web is the Most Cost Efficient Marketing

Anymore, the yellow pages are pretty useless. Flyers, door hangers, leave-behinds, etc. seem to be too low of a return for the expenditures.

I can launch a new company on the internet and start it ranking in the search engines and backfill with very well aimed & written Google Adwords and get new clients the same day.

We even tried an experiment with our new Miami restaurant hood cleaning company. We posted an ad on Craigslist for free and within 48 hours we had 5 phone calls off of it and brought in 3 new clients.

Now, the tough part is getting a good return on your investment with Google Adwords. If you write your ads poorly or you allow too diverse of a list of keywords, you'll pay for crappy results and Google will charge you extra for the lousy quality (they call it the 'quality score').

In some categories in the cleaning industry, you can buy top spots in Google for pennies. But you have to bid at the going rate for your area and then be discounted according to the relevance of keywords, ad content, and the page on your website that they're going to land on. If all of those items are perfect, you get a massive discount on your ad costs.

I'm going to put together a training class specific for cleaning companies so that people can learn to take advantage of Google Adwords without getting fleeced. I have one friend that was paying $7500 a month to Google Adwords, was getting a 1.1% click-through rate and was averaging a cost of $31 per click. This put him at a Cost Per Aquisition (CPA) of $320 per new client. YUCK! When we cleaned it up, we got it to a 5% click-through rate and Google discounted his click costs to $10. This brought his CPA down to $49.

So the important thing was that his average service call was $385 (of which $320 went to Google). With the labor costs, he was losing money on every call his guys went on. With a $49 CPA, he was able to make money.

Last note: my buddy is a plumber. In cleaning businesses, we don't have as high of a cost on the click-through rates. But this gives you a pretty good idea of the different quality scores can make.
post #10 of Old 09-23-2017, 05:37 PM

Geez, finally a well-thought-through response! And a literate one at that. Thank you for taking the time to explain all this.
Bunga and TCCleaning like this.
post #11 of Old 09-24-2017, 03:34 PM

Be sure to establish a signature on this forum, and make your signature link to your Google Map listing and website. After you have made 20 posts on this forum you can then leave additional links to your Google Map and your website within your posts, which will make those stronger in search so people can find you online when they search for cleaning businesses in your area.
magicleanmaid and TCCleaning like this.
post #12 of Old 09-24-2017, 03:38 PM

Here's how to make a stronger post -- use your keywords within your posts and link to your Google Map and website within your posts.

We do commercial office cleaning in Seattle Washington.
post #13 of Old 09-24-2017, 04:26 PM

And whatever else you do, make sure you have spelled things correctly. Reading something that is NOT like that will turn off a lot of potential customers. And do not trust "Spellcheck."
post #14 of Old 09-26-2017, 07:32 PM

Flyers and door hangers are totally out of the picture for us. Invest in your online presence. Don't cheap out on a website, you only end up losing customers down the road. Also, don't make fast decisions with who you partner with. If they reach out to you most likely they aren't your best bet. Our website was not cheap, but we rank well and get about 3 leads a day from it. http://www.newyorkhoodcleaning.net/
post #15 of Old 09-30-2017, 11:03 AM

If your business is locally-based, geo-targeted facebook ads can be super effective
post #16 of Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 AM

good stuff!
post #17 of Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 AM

this is great!
post #18 of Old 10-12-2017, 11:00 AM

Yes so true!
post #19 of Old 10-23-2017, 06:01 AM

There are so many advertising methods. It is all depends on your budget. If you want instant result then go rewards Pay Per Click. There also more methods of advertising like Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, etc.
post #20 of Old 10-30-2017, 12:10 PM

Really, really, really depends on whether you are going after commercial accounts or residential cleaning accounts. House cleaning requires typical consumer lead generation marketing like flyers, inserts, web ads etc. Commercial cleaning requires networking, personal selling, etc. What kind of customer are you targeting?

Top Notch Window and Gutter Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode