Marketing Small Business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-13-2014, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Marketing Small Business

Do you think social media is a useful platform for marketing small business?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-16-2014, 11:57 PM

I think it all depends on who your ideal customer is. If you're targeting business to consumer, such as residential cleaning, I have seen where social media, such as Facebook, can provide an opportunity to communicate with potential customers. Several positive comments or referrals from current customers can lead to others requesting a quote for service. For business to business, such as commercial cleaning, I think social media plays less of a part. I, personally, haven't seen any commercial business from social media platforms that we're on such as Facebook or Twitter. These customers seem to be more inclined to google cleaning businesses in their area or use referrals from other companies they may ddo business with. In this market, SEO is important to ensure you rank high in the search ratings. Asking for referrals and/or leads from your current customers can always pay off.

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]
post #3 of Old 01-30-2014, 12:23 PM

Social media is just a free way of marketing. It doesn't hurt to attempt it at all. I have the business I work on facebook, and instagram. Eventually I want to put like a promotional ad to see how many people pay attention to it and how many it draws in. So like post a picture on instagram and be like " if you stop by our store and show us this picture on instagram, we will give you 15% off" or whatever to see how many people pay attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-20-2014, 07:38 AM

I think small marketing business is totally depends on the social & how will be communicate customer, I, personally, haven't seen any commercialbusiness from social media platforms that we're on such as Facebook or Twitter.social media is the free way for small business....

Last edited by manmohanbkd; 09-17-2014 at 04:02 AM.
post #5 of Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
cle

I think social media is just a good way to stay connected to your customers. You can post deals, discounts, new products and services that you offer. Also it's a good way to remind people about yourself. Life is so busy and people might just forget about you, but if they see your updates in their social media they are more likely to remember you when they need services/products that you offer.

Best Carpet Cleaners In Canada

Based On: Customer Feedback, Experience, Cleaning Methods

post #6 of Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cle View Post
I think social media is just a good way to stay connected to your customers. You can post deals, discounts, new products and services that you offer. Also it's a good way to remind people about yourself. Life is so busy and people might just forget about you, but if they see your updates in their social media they are more likely to remember you when they need services/products that you offer.
That's exactly right. I agree. People tend to be forgetful, especially when its something small. So using facebook and istagram (social media) it helps remind everyone that you are around! And also when you post on social media, if people like your post or comment on your post, it will show up on their friends newsfeed. That could result into more customers! It opens up other sources and paths for people to find you!
post #7 of Old 07-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobycrabtree View Post
Do you think social media is a useful platform for marketing small business?

Most definitely
post #8 of Old 07-15-2014, 12:56 PM

Like anything, social media can be done well and it can be done badly. When someone posts a comment on your Facebook page, thank them. Talk to them. The worst people at social media are the ones driven crazy by the fact someone might comment when they're away and can't screen it for acceptability. If you're a live and let live sort, you'll be more comfortable, more authentic, and get better results from social media than if you're an uptight sort of person. It's a dance, not a drill. Think of social media as sort of the internet equivalent of the kitchen table. People are themselves on it, and if they see you around and get comfortable with you, you're more likely to make a sale, because you'll be the one they know.
post #9 of Old 07-28-2014, 08:05 AM

I have found that Facebook has been a big help with my business in the early stages, as did mail drops. Facebook is relatively cheap too!
post #10 of Old 11-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Social media is a great platform for any new and existing small businesses which want to promote their product and services with social users. Facebook, Google+, Pinterest etc are some very popular ways to promote any business..they also offer paid advertising and gradual promotions...
post #11 of Old 11-23-2019, 01:48 PM

The business must respond in time to new trends in marketing, otherwise, you can easily be left behind in the race for customer attention. Currently, the rules in digital marketing are dictated by social networks. And it is very important to promote your business online. A professional marketing agency like Buzzvoice can easily cope with this task. They know how to attract new visitors to your site. Moreover, they know how to turn them into customers.
post #12 of Old 11-25-2019, 01:22 AM

Its been 5 years since this original post was made and I think we all know the answer to this now
post #13 of Old 12-09-2019, 01:29 PM

Social media is the worst way of promoting services. If you are selling makeup products or eco shampoos, you will do well. A service is something that people plan to get done or they do it in emergency. You are not likely to read about some hot model somewhere and then to realise that the add for floor sanding is 100% what you need right now.

People go on google and search. Yes, if some fancy shoes pop up in the screen, you will check it out. But plumbing services? Window cleaning? Nope

Adwords
Business Directories
SEO
Some Leaflets (yes, it still works)
Word Of Mouth

Reach & Wash Eco Window Cleaning Company
post #14 of Old 12-09-2019, 09:16 PM

it has its pro's and con's.

Google is where its at though. With facebook advertising, you are playing with interuption based marketing as opposed to Google intent based marketing.

People go to google to find a solution to a problem they have in the form of search terms. Showing up for that search term with your business offering a solution, is insanely powerful in taking your business to a whole new tier of client volume. Its much further down on the buyers funnel in terms of getting that customer to take action and call/contact you!
post #15 of Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

I think social media can be useful, it all depends on what kind of customers you are targeting. Facebook is not much use if you are targeting commercial or industrial clients, for example.

Tags
local search marketing , local search seo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in