Marketing Strategy: Building new business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-07-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Marketing Strategy: Building new business

Hello all,

New cleaning company here, currently at 8 staff and doing pretty well. I am currently looking at touching base with larger corporations prior to moving into new locations. I'm looking to get into Final Cleaning and full service cleaning management(janitorial, steam/carpet, flooors, windows, supply. etc).

Does anybody have any resources on how to best approach or even find where businesses are going prior to moving in? Something like a news website, commercial realtors, etc.. Let me know if anybody has any ideas!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-07-2018, 05:56 PM

Oh, that is a GOOD question! Hope someone can answer it, because I sure cannot.
post #3 of Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 PM

wkryba
I work with 1 commercial space brokers & property managers. from time to time they do offer me some move out move in work. Mostly the work is carpet cleaning, trash pickup-stuff left by the previous tenant. Some of this work comes from the buildings I service for commercial space brokers & property managers.
So to answer your question, try to contact commercial brokers & commercial property managers and asking for the opportunity to bid on their upcoming move outs move ins. Also ask what qualifications you need to have to perform work for them, such as do I need workers comp insurance? bonded? biz insurance? certifications-- carpet cleaning-- cleaning etc.
Brad BD Janitorial.
P.S.
I had to go thru several property managers ( servicing the common areas of 1 of their bldgs) before I got any offers to do move outs move in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-08-2018, 03:46 PM

Work with commercial real estate developers. Also you should pull all building permits on a regular basis to see what construction is going on. Should not be that hard to find these. I do mainly residential carpet cleaning so I cannot speak first hand but I'm pretty sure this will work.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning
post #5 of Old 03-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Commercial Carpet Cleaning

So, I have seen folks who will buy a dozen doughnuts and approach property management companies. There are commercial and residential property management companies and you could focus on one or the other. You could put a brochure together to leave with the business. You may want to leave a packet with your COI and a price list. It has been my experience that residential management companies want fairly cheap prices but it may depend on the quality of the property they manage. I will post back to let you know how much success I have had with this. :-) I have added a commercial carpet cleaning page and am trying to boost its SEO. I will also keep you posted on that strategy as well. We have been almost exclusively internet driven sales, but I think you need a well rounded marketing strategy.

C&E Carpets and Vents
Eli Shenave
post #6 of Old 03-10-2018, 06:34 AM

Do you have an active Chamber of Commerce in your area? If so, join and participate in the events they offer. Most Chambers are full of real estate agents. You'll also meet decision makers. Networking events are a great way to get your name and business known in a friendly and supportive environment. Business might not roll in overnight but if you follow up with the contacts you make, you'll have a foot in the door when their in need of your services. Also good referral source.
post #7 of Old 04-03-2018, 09:43 PM

try making a website and doing citations
target local directories for starters!
good luck hope it helps you
post #8 of Old 04-16-2018, 03:23 AM

Do you know Google Keyword Planner. there is many function inside, will help you decide to expand your business
post #9 of Old 10-28-2018, 10:44 AM

Build your own website
post #10 of Old 06-19-2019, 08:04 AM

3 ingredients for starting business:

A website - that's a must.
Some more branding and promotional items.
Google Ads
post #11 of Old 07-07-2019, 09:25 AM

You will need to solve several first questions on work on this one. So the most important is connected to the promotion and offering of your service. And the next is qualified stuff.
post #12 of Old 07-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Your local city/county's tax collector should publish a monthly (sometimes weekly) list of all newly issued occupational licenses (sometimes called business tax receipts) that will list the business owner's name, actual business name, and physical address. A wealth of free info.
post #13 of Old 07-16-2019, 07:30 AM

google ads, seo, FB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode