Marketing to Theaters - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-16-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Marketing to Theaters

Hi

I've noticed in my local area that out theater cleanliness is maintained by the teenage employee's and they don't do a very good job which I suppose is to be expected. Anyhow the theater was just bought out by B&B Theaters and it appears they are going to be doing some renovations in the up coming weeks. I would like to market my service to them. I have located the corporate office contact information however I am not sure how to approach this idea. Does anyone have any advice? I wonder if the corporate office even realizes just how nasty their building is

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-16-2015, 09:07 PM

I'm sure they looked at the property before they bought it.

If that is the type of work you do, it can't hurt to talk with them. My buddy in Kansas City used to do carpet cleaning for the larger theaters. He cleaned all the seats $1 per seat and I don't know what he charged for the regular carpet cleaning.

A new manager took over one theater and told him that he couldn't use his portable any longer and that he MUST use a truck mount because they are more powerful.... $8 an hour managers usually know what the are talking about.... not!

Anyway, so he was going to give the job up so I gave him an idea.... secure the portable in the van and run the hose all the way to where you need it just like a normal truck mount. So that's what he did and it kept the $8 an hour manager happy.

Keep us updated.....
post #3 of Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Nice posts. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-14-2015, 03:57 PM

Theater Carpet Cleaning Post Helpful

I find this particular post to be very helpful in that it simply gave me the idea to add theaters to my high priority list of businesses to call that usually have lots
of carpet and that is important for more money and for getting a maintenance contract. Since I work on commission only, that is great. Although, the big theaters aren't high in number, just means I have to really fine-tune my art of
persuasion to a T. Also, since my owner is working an extensively, extremely
broad geographical area, that will help me at least have more than a few theater options.

The only drawback on adding theaters and bowling alleys, is that most of them are corporates and you can take forever just getting on the vendor's list not to mention waiting an eternity to get paid.

I just landed my owner an AMF bowling center and he was happy about that,
other than he has to raise his insurance minimum from $1 mil to $2 mil, surely
a requirement of AMF's corporate policy.

Last edited by KleanerDude; 12-04-2015 at 10:32 AM.
post #5 of Old 12-04-2015, 04:03 AM

Nice post you have shared. Thanks a lot for sharing this kind of post.
post #6 of Old 12-04-2015, 10:31 AM

Good idea might be to take some some phone photos and send them to corporate from your co. and let them know you would be happy to submit an est. and ask them to send you the necessary paperwork to get on their vendor's list [if they have one].

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrew74 View Post
Hi

I've noticed in my local area that out theater cleanliness is maintained by the teenage employee's and they don't do a very good job which I suppose is to be expected. Anyhow the theater was just bought out by B&B Theaters and it appears they are going to be doing some renovations in the up coming weeks. I would like to market my service to them. I have located the corporate office contact information however I am not sure how to approach this idea. Does anyone have any advice? I wonder if the corporate office even realizes just how nasty their building is

Thanks
post #7 of Old 12-04-2015, 06:14 PM

If it's small and local you might get the work but the big guys don't work that way. I forget what the names of the companies are now..... been many years ago it was like this..... you work for x company out of Chicago/New York/California and they have contracts with movies or The Gap or Old Navy or DSW Shoes.... all those places. Then you sub contract the work from them....

at low every day prices.

For example, my buddy had all 62 CVS stores in the Kansas City area. When he buffed them he only had time for 45 minutes for the whole store and off to the next. They paid so low he couldn't pay his workers to be in the stores any longer than that. And it was done all though corporate.

I guess people urinate in the changing rooms a lot so when they would do that he was paid $35 to drive all the way to Gap/Old Navy/etc to clean the carpet in 1 dressing room. No idea why he wanted these jobs because by the time a person pays fuel and wages he comes out in the red....... By the way.... if for example you choose to clean the carpet in the Gap/Old Navy/or what ever store it may be, you also agree to do those $35 jobs. It's all a bundle deal.

If anyone is interested I think I can get ahold of a company out of Colorado that does this type of work. I know they do it for window cleaners. Or used to atleast.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 12-04-2015 at 06:21 PM.
post #8 of Old 12-09-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all and great advice! Actually lol I did take photo's because I was a bit disturbed by the utter nastiness....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode