Need some help.... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Need some help....

Hi all, I have only been in business since September and I started very quickly which was great. Now though I have had two customers reschedule for a future date (have not rescheduled yet) and no new phone calls. I have a website, facebook, business cards, and fliers but nothing seems to be catching. I desparately need some help getting new customers and I do not know what else to do. I work full time during the day so I have limited time but I am 100% in this and I am willing to devote a lot of time because this is my business and I want to make it grow and succeed.

Cleaning by N & J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Need to get out there in person during daytime hours and leave paperwork, ask to allow you to give quotes, follow up on telephone to decision makers, etc. Can't sit back and wait for potential customers to contact you as it rarely happens.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your response. I will have to get out there on the weekends. So I should go door to door? I have thought about this but I am a little nervous about it.

Cleaning by N & J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 PM

It's the only way. If you are doing commercial cleaning then you might want to go out during weekdays. Put your fears aside and decide if you want to be successful or not. The worst someone can do is say they are not interested.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
post #5 of Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to facilitycustodian
When meeting with property managers in person, what are some of the things should say. I know my name and company name and insured or bonded, but what is correct way to sell commercial cleaning to someone who may already have a cleaning contractor, or who want to replace their current cleaning contractor but is unsure about me. What is an effective and correct approach?
post #6 of Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Network, Network, Network to get the work!

We have a small marketing budget so we have found that networking has been a great way to drum up local business. It takes some time, like planting seeds. You have to build relationships and trust.

Our carpet cleaning business is racing by our competition. We have several carpet cleaners in our area but most don't get involved with the local business organizations. In just a few years, we've given them cause for concern. They want to know why we are able to stay busy, while they are not.

Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care

Serving Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Raleigh NC
post #7 of Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM

A website should be enough, but you have to realize, rankings are the most important part. You may have a website, but if you aren't in the top of the rankings, no one will find your business.

A Cleaner Business provides websites with SEO built in to help you rank higher and promote your business to more customers.
post #8 of Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM

Keep at it! Cleaning isn't a get rich quick business!

Last edited by Maids a la Mode; 01-15-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Let me paraphrase that. It's not get rich quick business, but it of course can be a lucrative business if done correctly. Just keep working at it!
post #10 of Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Networking is a great way to meet people, get company name out, get new business, but there is a reason it's called netWORKING it takes work, putting the time in, going to as many events as possible. I have been doing it for years and now I have hundreds of people who know what I do and what the name of my company is so if they are ever asked by someone if they happen to know of anyone in my line of work, 99% of the time it is my company name they repeat.
post #11 of Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Great ideas!

Thanks for the information..

Please visit our blog:
http://ideasforcleaning.blogspot.com/
and our web page http://www.maxmultiservice.com
post #12 of Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Network, network, network.....get out and meet people. Does your local Chamber had networking groups? How about a BNI group? Where ever you can meet groups of people with the purpose of meeting people for business!

Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning, LLC 850-528-3226
Serving Tallahassee, North Florida, South Georgia, and the Big Bend
http://www.spray.wash.com
Pressure Washing, Soft Washing, Roof Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode