Need some help can't figure it out! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Need some help can't figure it out!

So, im very focused on online sales, marketing, and advertisement for the company I work for. I have been adding products to our website every week! We get traffic, and people go to the order forms, but never end up buying! I just want to get people to look into our products and purchase them but I can't figure out what direction to go! Does anyone have any advice??? Never going to give up on this online sales thing, working hard for it. www.westernjanitorsupply.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-05-2014, 11:00 AM

If you can send email reminders that they still have items in their cart that would help!
post #3 of Old 05-05-2014, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

That is a great idea! im going to have to look into that, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 PM

Not sure this would help you or not-maybe you can take some of their ideas but I'm always hearing about a company called Constant Contact on the radio. I'm sure you can check them out on their website and see if anything they are doing would work well in your industry?

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #5 of Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 Cleaning Tech View Post
Not sure this would help you or not-maybe you can take some of their ideas but I'm always hearing about a company called Constant Contact on the radio. I'm sure you can check them out on their website and see if anything they are doing would work well in your industry?
Thanks man. That helps for sure. Ill take a look at theirs and see what differences they are doing. Appreciate it!
post #6 of Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 PM

tracking cooking

you could get a web designer to install a tracking cookie to your website and your site ad will follow them...

Also, I highly recommend a Facebook fan page,with links back to your site...

Do videos on your products,upload to youtube and post on your FB page links back to site...
post #7 of Old 05-09-2014, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorster View Post
you could get a web designer to install a tracking cookie to your website and your site ad will follow them...

Also, I highly recommend a Facebook fan page,with links back to your site...

Do videos on your products,upload to youtube and post on your FB page links back to site...
Have done all that besides that last one! that last one though is a great idea! I go to do that. Thank you thank you
post #8 of Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 PM

One of the reasons that people go to the order forms is that they want to see the price, which is not visible on the front end of the product page. I suppose, if the price works for a customer, he will follow through. However, the price is not a determining factor for a customer. It's how you convince them that they need it

Olena
Clean4Real Cleaning Services
Connect with us on Google+ Clean4Real
Follow us on FB Clean4Real
post #9 of Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloun View Post
One of the reasons that people go to the order forms is that they want to see the price, which is not visible on the front end of the product page. I suppose, if the price works for a customer, he will follow through. However, the price is not a determining factor for a customer. It's how you convince them that they need it
I 100% agree with you on convincing the customer the NEED it . On the order form part im a little confused? I prices are on every product and when you click show cart it shows you what your totals are when adding up the products are in the cart. Maybe you can help me understand a little better
post #10 of Old 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Just a little update! Thanks for all the help guys! Just got 2 orders on our online store this week So its working! Thanks so much
post #11 of Old 06-11-2014, 02:51 PM

You have the people on the web site already.... what you need to do is get them to buy while they are there.

Is there someone that manages your web site that is a professional or do you do it yourself? Nothing wrong with either but if you have a professional I can tell you what to have them make your web site do that might help. Or if you do it yourself there might be a way to do almost the same thing. You just need to get them to buy since they are already there.
post #12 of Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 AM

So here is what you need to do.

If you take care of the web site, can you make it so after they are on the site for x amount of time a box comes up on their screen with a special discount?

If a professional takes care of the site get them to make it so if the cursor is moving towards the spot that would take them off the web site... have a box come up on the screen that offers them a discount.

But what do I know... I'm just an ex-toilet cleaner
post #13 of Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
So here is what you need to do.

If you take care of the web site, can you make it so after they are on the site for x amount of time a box comes up on their screen with a special discount?

If a professional takes care of the site get them to make it so if the cursor is moving towards the spot that would take them off the web site... have a box come up on the screen that offers them a discount.

But what do I know... I'm just an ex-toilet cleaner
Very smart idea! Thank you! Im going to have to look into that!
post #14 of Old 06-20-2014, 01:28 PM

Hi WesternJanitorSupply. I have a suggestion that is maybe bad news but might throw some light on your website users who bail: you're posting here. Maybe some of those people checking out items are your competition, which saw you through here. You've been forthcoming about where you work and your target markets, so maybe your competitors are checking you out? You used to be able to track people by IP but you basically can't do that anymore, but I'd operate under the assumption your competition is responsible for a lot of clicks. Maybe make an interstitial pop up when someone with a full shopping cart goes to leave the site, a pop up that asks "Why haven't you gone ahead and bought? Is there something we can do to make purchasing easier or more attractive to you?" or words to that effect. I looked at your site, and it's good. And clearly you're getting the traffic. BTW I've worked with Constant Contact. I don't like it, but some people LOVE it, and swear it's their best sales tool. You do need a way to keep track of people who actually order so the next time they're at your site they can maybe get specialized suggestions. Sounds like a lot of programming, but it's not that complicated, really.
post #15 of Old 07-07-2014, 06:17 PM

There could be a million reasons for people abandoning your site. Usually if people put items into the shopping cart and then abandon it is because they are trying to find the shipping cost. Once they see that, they abandon.

This is my experience. If they are abandoning earlier on it could be prices too high.

Jim
www.pacificsteamco.com
post #16 of Old 07-18-2014, 12:17 AM

How long have you maintained the online supply store in the same condition/design it's in right now?
post #17 of Old 11-27-2014, 11:03 AM

We can use analytics tool to analyze what it is the user looking for on the website and try to find out what will be the reason of their exit. We do A/B test with testimonials, some offers and gifts on the checkout page would help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode