Newbie - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I want to start my residential cleaning business but first I'm trying to get as much information as possible. My question today is, how long should I expect it to take before I have a full schedule? Before I leave my current job I'm trying to predict how long it will take before I start making profit. Can anyone share their experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-12-2015, 04:41 PM

Does the KC in your name mean you are in Kansas City? IF so, what part? If not, where are you?
post #3 of Old 05-12-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

No. I'm in north Florida.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-12-2015, 05:51 PM

Lots of places in north Florida. If it's a secret it is impossible for anyone to help. Where you are is what makes the whole difference. No need to worry if you have competition in your area, most people help people right in their same neighborhood. About 4 hours ago I gave another cleaning company a customer I didn't want.... maybe someone will do the same for you if they know where you are located.
post #5 of Old 05-12-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Jacksonville
post #6 of Old 05-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Good, you live in a populated area.

What method do you plan to use in order to get your phone to ring? aka what kind of advertising are you planning to do?

What is your marketing budget? $10? $100? $1000?

Since you are still working your 'day job', what hours are you currently available to clean?
post #7 of Old 05-13-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I will have open availability in mid June. I don't know if what type of advertising I'll do yet, I'm open to ideas. My advertising budget is $700.
post #8 of Old 05-13-2015, 04:28 PM

It's really up to you how you market. I've always acquired all of my customers from flyers. Some people say flyers don't work. Some people use the internet. Some use Craigslist. It's really up to you. I am working on a website to help people get started so I'm not going to give away anything. It will walk people through every step, give actual numbers and give individual help. But it's far from done.

If you do everything correctly you can fill your schedule on a $700 budget. If I was you I could fill my whole schedule on less than $300.

As for your original question.... it can't be answered. Every person and every business is different. It would take me about 30-45 days to fill my schedule and some people it will take 4 months..... 8 months..... a year..... and lots of times people get so discouraged they just quit. On paper it looks easy but when it comes to doing it... it ain't so easy. I don't know if it's help you're looking for or just kind of wanting to know how long it takes, but if you really want help you can send me a private message. Or just give it your best shot!

Last edited by sprintcar93; 05-13-2015 at 04:32 PM.
post #9 of Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 PM

BestKC..... congrats on wanting to work for yourself. Just starting out, my suggestion would be to be a detective, google house cleaning Jacksonville, home cleaning jacksonville, residential house cleaning jacksonville. See which companies are on the 1st search page, look at each company too see what other cities/neighborhoods they service. Make alist, draw circles on a map of each companies service area. Look for areas that aren't being serviced or where the competition is low and flyer, market etc. to those areas. There is a reason Walmart is mostly in smaller towns (less competition) or why Burger King doesn't open a new location next to McDonalds. Look for services you could offer, like window cleaning, that aren't being offered in an area. I saw a mini van a few months ago that just offered shower door cleaning, someone figured out there was enough business to make a niche of that. Brad bdjanitorial
post #10 of Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 PM

Decide ahead of time what areas that you want to work in
It will save you travel time and gas money between customers
Which means you will be able to schedule appointments closer together and either take on more customers or not work as many days or longer hours.

Start by printing some great business cards and get them into the hands of people in your target areas,
Any way that you can...coffee shop visits,door to door in offices,talk to people
The more you circulate yourself, the sooner you will fill that schedule
You can always try Craigslist as it's free,but will it specifically target where you want to work? trying to work everywhere is not something I would suggest.
Look into newspapers that are carried by stores and shops in your target area.Call them for rate information.Weekends are the best days to place ads
especially Sunday as people keep the Sunday editions longer than the others.
because of ads,the TV schedule...etc,etc.Also target advertising on days that the coupons are printed as all the ladies buy the newspaper that day for the coupons.

To begin with...schedule people around the hours that you are currently working,you will have to decide at what point you can afford to make the jump
out of your current position and into full time cleaning.

Hope this helps
http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #11 of Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 PM

These are some great posts with awesome advice only thing I would add is too not spend your whole wad in one place. Say you have a 1000 bucks.... put say 250 into adwords, 250 into postcards, 250 into newspaper, 250 into a lead company.....etc, etc... spread it around and measure your results...
post #12 of Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM

This post actually inspired me to get more flyers made and distributed. Hopefully we see some results. On behalf of all the newbies, thank you!
post #13 of Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 AM

you need to start with your local area first.. do some advertising all around Your area. then you can advertise with your own website
post #14 of Old 11-13-2015, 03:45 AM

Residential Cleaning Business

Flyers marketing is a traditional & offline marketing method that always proves good to get some good customers.
Also ask your customers to give your services review to their friends to get huge amount of customers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode