Phone talkers' training - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-04-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Phone talkers' training

How do you do it and what's your best method of teaching your folks to close people that call for an estimate? How do you drive in the need to close the deal and not let them say "ok, let me call you back" . . . which they never do?

Thoughts?
Jessica
Fort Worth Carpet Cleaning

"Jill of all trades"
Carpet Cleaning Company Owner
www.ftworthcarpetcleaning.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-15-2016, 05:31 AM

I hear ya, Jessica. You do so much work to get the phone to ring and you don't want to lose a customer just because you don't have a plan.

Since you are selling the in-home estimate, (your goal) my best tip is to NOT give your estimate over the phone. Let the customer talk and get as much information as you can about the caller's "pains". What are their real struggles? You have to listen.

Since you most likely targeted this customer and you have been listening to their pains, you already know how you can help them. Tell them that you are just the place they were looking for and that you can relieve their pains. Let them know that the first step is booking the estimate appointment.

So, Jessica, to answer your question the script would be something like the following, but you want to revise it to meet your customers' needs and your business needs:

Staff: Hello, good morning! This is ___________ from Fort Worth Carpet Cleaning. How can I help you?
Customer: Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. (Listen)
Staff: I am sure that we can help you. May I have your name?
Customer: Blah Blah.
Staff: So, ___________ I understand that you need Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Does that sum it up, ____________?
Customer: Yes, what is the price?
Staff: Great! We can definitely help you _________, we specialize in Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. The first step is for a staff member to meet with you in person and see your home. This way we can give you a fair and accurate price. Once we get that out of the way we can start working on Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.
Are you available today to go over the details?
Customer: Blah, Blah blah here is my schedule.
Staff: (Gathers customer info, Books appointment)
Ok, ______________To confirm, you would like us to help you with Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. I have booked the appointment for (date, time) at your house at (address).
Does this sound good to you?
Customer: yes
Staff: Great! Thank you very much for calling, _____________. Call back anytime if you need anything. By the way__________ would you mind if I asked where you heard about us because referrals get a $25 gift?
Customer: Sure, my friend Sally Fields told me about you.
Staff: Great, I'll make sure that Sally gets her gift. Have a great day and we'll see you soon.

Jessica, train your staff to listen and guide the conversation to the customer needs. Have your staff give input into what they think works best and develop best practices. Document your failures and successes to keep a good track of your improvement.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Heather Fuller~Infinite Legacy Solutions
Education, Action, Support

Last edited by epicheather265; 08-15-2016 at 05:33 AM.
post #3 of Old 08-16-2016, 02:10 AM

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-23-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicheather265 View Post
I hear ya, Jessica. You do so much work to get the phone to ring and you don't want to lose a customer just because you don't have a plan.

Since you are selling the in-home estimate, (your goal) my best tip is to NOT give your estimate over the phone. Let the customer talk and get as much information as you can about the caller's "pains". What are their real struggles? You have to listen.

Since you most likely targeted this customer and you have been listening to their pains, you already know how you can help them. Tell them that you are just the place they were looking for and that you can relieve their pains. Let them know that the first step is booking the estimate appointment.

So, Jessica, to answer your question the script would be something like the following, but you want to revise it to meet your customers' needs and your business needs:

Staff: Hello, good morning! This is ___________ from Fort Worth Carpet Cleaning. How can I help you?
Customer: Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. (Listen)
Staff: I am sure that we can help you. May I have your name?
Customer: Blah Blah.
Staff: So, ___________ I understand that you need Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Does that sum it up, ____________?
Customer: Yes, what is the price?
Staff: Great! We can definitely help you _________, we specialize in Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. The first step is for a staff member to meet with you in person and see your home. This way we can give you a fair and accurate price. Once we get that out of the way we can start working on Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.
Are you available today to go over the details?
Customer: Blah, Blah blah here is my schedule.
Staff: (Gathers customer info, Books appointment)
Ok, ______________To confirm, you would like us to help you with Blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. I have booked the appointment for (date, time) at your house at (address).
Does this sound good to you?
Customer: yes
Staff: Great! Thank you very much for calling, _____________. Call back anytime if you need anything. By the way__________ would you mind if I asked where you heard about us because referrals get a $25 gift?
Customer: Sure, my friend Sally Fields told me about you.
Staff: Great, I'll make sure that Sally gets her gift. Have a great day and we'll see you soon.

Jessica, train your staff to listen and guide the conversation to the customer needs. Have your staff give input into what they think works best and develop best practices. Document your failures and successes to keep a good track of your improvement.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Wow good stuff thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode