postcards/mailers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

postcards/mailers

Hey everyone. Does anyone have a postcard service they use or direct mail marketing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-01-2015, 02:52 PM

With the $700 you have available to spend on marketing you might get 1500-2000 mailed out. And that is if you do everything on the CHEAP!

Or, get out in that hot sun and walk and pass out flyers. For $700 I can print up almost 35,000 flyers and all it costs to pass them out is my sweat equity. That's 1 reason why flyers work for me and they rarely work for others. I've passed out flyers when it was 15 degrees and I've passed them out when it was 115 degrees.... my bank account has no thermostat. With 35000 flyers you can get atleast 300+ customers.

You want to do things the easy way and that is why I stopped helping you. If you're going to be a success stop trying to find the easy way out. You want to be a huge success and make a lot of money and for that to be done, it is not a cake walk. I've done it a few times. Hopefully you prove me wrong and end up being the most profitable cleaning service in your area.
post #3 of Old 06-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Post Card Marketing has hit the big A+ on the bulls-eye for us! It is appreciated by businesses here that we do not hound with telemarketing calls it seems and we have very few cards returned. I'd say 1 out of every 10 maybe were returned unopened.

I took the time to designed our postcards. I was careful to put out a professional image and message. I used color on glossy card stock. I could have put stamps on them, but instead I opted to put them (or a couple if appropriate) into an size-matched envelope and stamped an "If Undeliverable, return to:" and 'just our address' on the back which assures less waste of the postcards if undeliverable to addressee.

I used 'Vista Print' and my own graphics or those industry-specific ones purchased from iStock. (professional graphics are a good investment)

I produced one for each main service we provide and started mailing them out myself, using addresses (and contact names if available) to businesses in local industry, mall or industrial park directories. "Was a big hit". Business came to me - didn't have to make a single follow-up call either!

For reaching residents for things like 'gutter cleaning and pressure washing sidelines' which are seasonal, I send those out using "new phone book" listings (that publish zip codes/postal codes) in my town.

I record every address and name I collect into a database that prints labels. Great for future mailings - AND I can remove one easily to keep the list current or if someone asks removal.

I post out post cards to existing clients too, just ahead of the season (Spring/Fall) as a reminders to book before dates are gone, and some pass the cards to other family members who are home owners, or their landlord and such.

If the recipient can't use your services they undoubtedly remember that they know someone who does (or will soon) and will keep and then pass it on. They are easy to find in a junk drawer too for later reference. So many of us file things like that away in drawers for later reference. They are colourful and relevent! - not whiney or beggy...or unprofessional. People have been hanging on to them and calling me weeks or months later! When I get a call, I always look to see if they are in my database, if not, I add them to the mailing list.

All the mailing addresses I collect are put in a "database" that I can print mailing labels from for 'quarterly, or seasonally' each a year as reminders.
If your hometown does not publish zip codes/postal codes in their directory, they are simple to look up from a link the Post Office website.

What have I spent so far?.....$150 for each type of postcard for abt a 1000 post cards (+ shipping and tax), and $75 for envelopes, and postage as I use them. I mail out about 30 - 50 a week as I have the time. The most time consuming is entering every address and (name and phone number, if have it) into the database. But I knew that once its in there, I have it, and it just grows and grows.

The postcards look great in a rack in my walk-in front office too!

Last edited by JaniClean; 06-10-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-10-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Janiclean, can you recommend what company or software you use?
post #5 of Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 AM

Which is better for a post card? Text with maybe a logo at the top or colorful image with little text? I have no idea which would be best.

Thank you
Denise
post #6 of Old 06-19-2015, 01:28 AM

yes this good idea FandD
Postcards are the least expensive form of direct mail today, are easy to create, and typically generate a high rate of response.When you combine all these factors, it’s no wonder then that businesses today use postcards as a tremendously powerful marketing tool.
post #7 of Old 06-21-2015, 06:53 PM

Have you looked in to EDDM? pretty cheap if you are trying to hit every house, unless you are targeting higher income brackets
post #8 of Old 06-22-2015, 01:58 AM

Every Door Direct Mail(EDDM) service is an easy, cost-effective way to reach potential customers near your business.

CCTV Drain Survey Coventry Bedworth Nuneaton

Last edited by draintecmidland; 06-22-2015 at 02:03 AM.
post #9 of Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 AM

I've used MailStorm for postcards and they've done a good job with it. They helped me design them and had same-day turnaround so they could be sent out to my specific area of business. They included a free tracking number so I could listen to my calls and see exactly where my jobs were coming from/if my postcards even worked. I'd recommend them for restoration postcards or mailers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode